Wha' happened?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Chase, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I've been gone from the forums for a chunk of time... since the weekend before Christmas to be exact. :p
    I've been a little busy.

So what's happened? Would anyone like to help me recap? :D

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    A bunch of people probbably got an iPhone/iPod for Xmas and decided to buy Crash and is now the 2nd best paid app. Some of those noobs joined TA to mostly double-thread or post stupid X vs. Y crap. Danny asked for money every other post. Several promo code offers and thus a bunch of freeloaders showed up. What else? Oh yeah, I've started trolling again. Welcome back my good sir...

3. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Yeah I doubt if you should read the thread on wallpapers. It's 80 pages by now, some pages aren't worth reading, some are hilarious/rediculous, the wallpapers are good though.

4. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Macworld was a giant bust...so far

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Yup, that pretty much sums it up...

6. max rimstain

max rimstain Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Yeah but did you follow the coverage on macrumoreslive.com, it got hacked near the beginning, it was quite funny, firstly Steve Jobs was announced dead, then he worked for microsoft, and so on, after a few minutes it was the usual childish 'your all gay' rubbish.

I feel sorry for macrumors and was annoyed the coverage was stopped but it was funny....

7. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    *sigh*
    That was not funny in the least.
    I have nothing else to say without saying something I may regret...

8. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Not true u know. In the wallpapers thread I said that if u like the wallpapers to donate. And in the tan zen contest u posted that u got a lot of money with an exclamation point. So just to mess with u I was lime ok give me a buck to buy the game. :)

9. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Hahahahahaha. Just having a little fun at your expense ;).
    Ironically, Chase was also doing wallpapers before he left. He still owes me an EDNG wallpaper...

10. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #10 Chase, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
    Haha, sounds like nothing changed ;)

Uh-huh. I do. Let's make it now, shall we? :D

What did you want again?

Oh, and if anyone else wants one, I'll try and make one for you... and actually spend some time on it, as opposed to cropping a screenshot and slapping a Photoshop effect on it. I'll post 'em at hotfreshwalls.tumblr.com (previously iwallpapers.tumblr.com). I have 2 up there right now: one for TA, one for Fastlane.

/self promotion ;)

11. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    #11 Paulio, Jan 12, 2009
    You reckon I spend no time on my work? And what the he'll you talking bout? You draw the logos you nab?? :p

12. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Wow, why are you so defensive? I didn't say anything of the sort about you, did I? Nor anyone else.

13. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    #13 Paulio, Jan 12, 2009
    Two things: Ment to put a smiley in, and also must have miss read. I took it like you said "and I will spend time on the wallpapers and not just crop and effect" referring to other creators getting screen shots, how else are you meant to make a themed paper?
    I didn't mean my reply in a such a sharp way tho sorry.

14. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    It's all good. :)

Well for instance, if you look at my Super Monkey Ball wallpaper I was able to grab the monkey out of the pic on the iTunes Store. I had to add to the top of his head that was cut off (which was a pain to make it look like nothing happened with it), and then added a green background with a design from a photoshop brush, and then finished off with a big drop shadow behind the monkey.

So I don't know... It's a hell of a lot easier to grab a screenshot and build from there, but I guess I get carried away and try to do too much. :rolleyes: Oh well. I probably end up getting the same results anyway.