iPad Westbang by Rake in the Grass is out (.99$).

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fantomik, May 23, 2009.

1. fantomik

fantomik Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
  2. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Game developer/programmer - iPhone, Mac OS X, Wind
    Prague
    #2 boovie, May 23, 2009
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  3. Reminds me of an old school spectrum 48k game called West Bank...yeah i know im showing my age :D play that game and all old speccy games at http://www.zxspectrum.net/ :p

4. appaddiCt

appaddiCt Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    UK
    #4 appaddiCt, May 23, 2009
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
    I remember this game on the Sega Master System as Bank Panic and I loved that game. This is a defo buy for me. :D

edit: Just bought as it's great fun.

5. Yeah i had that as well on the master system...just forgot about it till now...just looked it up on net...it must be my age:) ....better get this then for 59p...cant go wrong with that and it'll bring back the old memories:D

6. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Really good conversion of a classic. I absolutely recommend it for that price.
    The world wide highscores are fun too.

7. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    I just bough wild west guns, how is this different?

8. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Look at the video. Westbang is much better.Professional presentation,story,bonuses... .

9. I agree with that...at 59p u really cant go wrong...
    And all of us that are old enough to remember the original speccy game and those not so old that remember the master system game will love this and it'll bring back the memories like it did for me...good fun all round...
    And i need to get better as im slipping down the leaderboards and only top 5 now in all levels...
    Better polish my gun and try and not shoot any old grannies holding bags of dosh;)

10. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    This is a great game and at 99 cents you can't beat it. I really hope we see more Western games (Call of Juarez or Red Dead Redemption in some form on the app store? Yes please!).

11. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Just picked this up as well, what an excellent game. Bought Archibald's Adventures too on the back of this one from these developers being so good.

Like others say, you don't get much these days for 59p and this is a lot of fun.

12. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Prague
    Lite version of Westbang was approved today, so you can try the casual difficulty mode of the game now:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318957688&mt=8

Note for existing Westbang players with OS 3.0, if music and sound is not playing properly under 3.0, set sound and music volumes to minimum (not "mute"), that should fix the issue for now until 1.1 update of the game is available (it was sent to apple two weeks ago, so I hope it will get available soon).

13. fantomik

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
    Thanks for the news and update! :)

Cheers,
    f.

14. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    This is a cute looking game. These nice reviews might encourage me to pick it up once I have the cash, what with all this empty space on my two clean pages! :)

15. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
  16. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    This game is a ton of fun, but totally unplayable on the 3GS. The sound is all off on the new phone.

17. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Prague
    We are aware of this sound problem under OS 3.0 and we have sent Westbang 1.1 update to apple 20 days ago and still waiting to be approved :/

There is simple workaround for this problem until 1.1 is released, in the options menu lower music and sound volume to minimum (but not to mute). This reduces the static and makes the sounds to play at normal level.

18. fantomik

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
    As I see it is a common problem with Apple (very late approvals) right now -- probably a hit from the 3.0 release and latest expo. Let's just all hope Apple will improve the approval process soon (or I'm the only one who have hope for that right now?).

Cheers,
    f.

19. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Cowboy Panic? You can actually overkill those bandits even when they are already on the floor lol..awesome!

20. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Prague
    #20 boovie, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    Definitely, but it seems only updates are delayed, new releases was fine...I'm a little concerned for approval times that await us at the end of the year...anyway westbang 1.1 was just approved, after 25 days, our "record" :) So anybody with 3.0 or 3gs can update now to fix the sound and music issues.