Well the iPhone has nothing to fear from Nintendo/ Sony.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, Jun 2, 2009.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The DSi is a clumsy attempt to shoehorn digital distribution on a platform with limited memory and can't even get a opera browser right.

And have you seen the new PSP Go? No 2nd analog stick, no touchscreen, as ergonomic as a knife stuck in the face, they just reshuffled the buttons of the old one around.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    So the fact that these products are on different markets has nothing to do with it?

3. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Also please mention that they placed the Start and Select buttons for the PSP Go! in the worst place ever. Imagine you and this comp you're raising against is neck in neck and when your about to hit nitro you hit the start button by accident and you have to click it again and by that time when it phased out boom you lost to the comp because you let go of the speed button for one sec and came in second place

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

Seriously...

5. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    actually psp go is a gaming device
    the ipod touch is a multi-media device
    i will own them both

6. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Actually inferi22, while for the most part the PSP Go is a gaming device it does have a lot of the same multi-media abilities as the touch.

The one and biggest reason I want to get the PSP Go at the moment is LittleBigPlanet. If the PSP version gets good reviews and is anything close to the PS3 version it's an instant buy for me.

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Kamazar wins topic.

DSi and PSP Go are still portable game systems in the portable game system market.

The iTouch/Phone platform is in the mobile market.

There's a difference.

8. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    If you already own a PSP, you don't need a PSP Go to play the PSP version of LittleBigPlanet. Again, PSP Go isn't PSP2. It's just another PSP redesign. A more drastic redesign, but a redesign nonetheless. It isn't a true next gen PSP. And if you already own a PSP, you can download games on PSN anyway (Patapon 2, for instance). PSP Go really is for those that don't currently own PSPs.

9. inferi22

Jan 11, 2009
    agreed

10. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I don't currently own a PSP I sold my old one pretty early on because of lack of games. But recently some games have caught my interest like Resistance: Retribution, God of War, and the Final Fantasy remakes. LittleBigPlanet will throw me over the top but I want to see some reviews on the PSP Go before I decide to buy it, otherwise I minus well just get the PSP-3000

11. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Im going to get the psp go because I like what it looks like and I wanna play LBP on the go.

12. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Uhh, not quite. You can rent or buy movie via PS Network, has a 16 GB Mem. stick, bluetooth, 43% lighter than the PSP 3000 and a lot of cool games are coming to it too. Although I am a bit disappointed with no dual analog sticks. Does it really need a touchscreen? It if had one, it'll be too similar to the iPhone, and might steal some of Apple's iPod touch customers.

13. inferi22

Jan 11, 2009
    now you can get movies and tv shows on an old psp plus ff7

14. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    I take back saying PSP Go was really ugly... Looks better in person. ;P

Off topic ish but it's about e3

Anyways, Project Natal Looks amazing.
    What was weird was when that kid in the trailer that scans his skateboard into the game.... Wouldn't his fingers get scanned too and be on the digital board? In the trailer it didn't scan his fingers.

15. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm pretty sure they said it was that much lighter than the PSP 1000 at the E3 presentation.

16. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Uhm, I got this from this Gamespot article. But if I recall correctly, it was 43%.

17. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks extremely cramped. And looks like you need teloscopic fingers to reach the L/R buttons.

Bad decision Sony, hang your head in shame

And as for Nintendo, pah. I get enough brain training at school and I have a real dog, thanks.

18. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    lol. thats not even a real pic of it. geez.

this is how it looks like:

[​IMG]

looks awsome to me.

and as many other said. the iphone/ipod touch is NO WAY NEAR comparable with either the PSP or the DS. PSP and DS are devices firstly made for gaming, the iphone is a mobilephone and the touch a media device. as simple as that. do not compare!

19. JustinFic

JustinFic Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Game Designer / Programmer
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've yet to pick up and hold a PSPGo but it looks really hot. Much smaller form factor, and they've finally ditched the UMD drive.

I agree that the PSP/DS are not remotely similar enough to be compared. I carry both my iPhone in my pocket and my DS Lite in my bag. The lack of d-pad and buttons on the iDevice means there will always be games that play better on the DS/PSP.

Once the hacker community gets a hold of it, the PSP Go looks like a perfect homebrew machine. I would gladly plunk down the $250 for this bad boy.

20. bc142

bc142 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    me too, if theres a jailbreak for the psp go