We Really Need Folders

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Phil_Synowiec, May 21, 2009.

1. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

I think this would be an amazing addition sometime in 3.0. So you could put your games in to folders, organize your apps etc.

I know theres catagories on jailbreak but its really slow. And I run OSX so i cant run the 3.0 jailbreak without windows.

Anyways, I hope that Apple does this.

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I have to agree with you phil, I hope there is at least something they do to streamline my 9+ pages of apps. And for anyone about to chime in with the "what do you really need 9+ pages of apps for?" comment, yes I would like folders or something. I'm sure/hope apple has something up it's sleeves, if rumors hold true about a new hardware revision with bigger HD, then I would think they would almost have to figure a better solution...

3. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
  4. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Yep yep yep, great idea

5. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Well, isn't there a feature in 3.0 to search and launch from a list? Spotlight I think the feature is called. With it you can apparently search through whatever apps you have on your device and launch them from that list instead of searching all of the pages.

I figure if it lists ALL of the apps on your device it should be able to launch ALL of the apps on your device. So while you wouldn't be able to see the apps past the 9 page limit going page to page, you should be able to "see" them in Spotlight, and if it does launch the apps from within Spotlight, you should be able to launch those "extra hidden" apps.

I think if it is so, it's a pretty okay way to work around the limit.

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I think it's dumb there's a limit, folders would be great. But something else that is a thought is that, you have like 2 pages: One for the search and another for a indefinate list of apps. Like you keep scrolling and scrolling thus having unlimited number of apps on your device and just scroll till you find it. Unlike where there is 9 pages full of apps.

7. Phil_Synowiec

I have the 3.0 BETA 5, i rarely use spotlight.

8. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Agreed that a limit of 9 pages is silly.
    As someone who own a 32gb Touch, I can easily put 18 pages of apps, and if I buy them all, I should be able to play them all when I want. It's a Portable gaming device (at least that's how they're billing it these days) so I should be able to "portably" bring all my games along. :)
    Also, allow me to get rid of the "stock" icons. I don't need weather, I dont' need stocks etc. That's in the place of 2 apps right now!!!

All this to say I agree folders or some type of solution to the 9 page limit would be great.
    Now didn't I read somewhere 3.0 has 11 pages or am I getting this confused with something else?

9. Phil_Synowiec

It has more pages, i think its 12, but it mightb e 11, sorry, i havent filled up yet. I used to be like that, i used to never delete my apps. I had about 18 pages of apps on my jailbroken iPhone, I had to use catagories to throw half of em is there.

10. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    But does spotlight do that?

I mean...it lists and launches apps from within spotlight, right?

So wouldn't it list and launch even "hidden" apps (those that can't be seen on the 9 pages because they're over the limit)?

Can you check, please? :)

11. yes it does..have 300 of them and launch them just fine with 3.0 OS. I don't really want categories...used to be a fan but no longer. Rahter I just want an option to sort them alphabetically (ascending/descending) on the iphone itself.

12. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

u should tell apple bout this great idea!