We need Grim Fandango

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cause007, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Just a thought (and forgive me if this has been brought up numerous times before), but with Lucas Arts releasing updated Monkey Island games for most platforms, don't you think it's time for them to switch gears and give us a new Grim Fandango using the same principles... multi-platform (including iOS, of course) and, perhaps, episodic?

2. webshark3

webshark3 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    I'll second this. :) Although I've had a heck of a time getting it to run smooth on newer Intels. I could imagine a iOS port to be difficult.

Along those lines, we need to push the creators of Skeleton Story to make a Point and Click. :) They said they wouldn't becuase P&C don't sell well on the iOS platform, but we just need to change the thinking. :)

3. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    Yeah I brought this up right after the 1st Monkey Island Remake came out. Grim was an awesome game and would look great on the iPhone 4 and iPad!

4. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Ohhhh yes, love that game!! :D

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I hope to not see it on iPhone, it would be probably a bad port

6. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Well according to questionable sources (pocket gamer rumor miner) your wish might be granted :http://bit.ly/bW4Ah7

7. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Oh yes! Yes, please hear this LucasArts! Thank you SirAwesome for being so awesome! There's another rumour that I love, FF VI for iPhone within this year?! BRING IT!!!!

8. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Thanks I do what I can :) I cant wait for FF Tactics and now I can look forward to FF IV too

9. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I cannot see the most recent Monkey Island games going so well on the iPhone. Especially those in 3D. They really should have kept to 2D..

10. webshark3

webshark3 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010

I would love to be sooooo wrong about it not coming to the iPhone. :) Thanks SirAwesome.