Universal WazHack (by Warwick Allison)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, May 7, 2013.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    David, is there a use you have found for a regular sack?

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    According to the wiki I've been reading it helps with reading and spell memory retention.

3. Nycteris

Nycteris Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Absolutely love this game. Can't survive long, but who cares? This is a Roguelike that actually deserves the title!

4. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    My dog got hungry. When I tried to feed it, I only got the option to give him
    potions and not food for some reason. Sadly, he got so hungry, he started
    attacking me . Needless to say, I met a grisly death.

Pretty awsome game! Every time I play, I learn something new.

5. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    That's odd. You can't feed him if he's not hungry, but should have been able to if he was - if you have food.

If it happens again, send a bug report in-game, that way I get to see the situation.

6. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    The dog will only eat some kinds of food. Not fruits and vegetables.

7. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I think it keeps the Leprechaun from stealing your gold if it's all in your sack. I was hoping that maybe the blessed sack weighs less than the sum of its contents, but there's no way to really know. The downside of putting stuff in the sack is that I accidentally sold it and I didn't really want to sell its contents. Oh well.

8. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Version 1.1.5 is up - fixes text input bug

This version fixes the bug reported here where text input could not be confirmed on iPhone and iPod Touch.

The two remaining major bugs are that Multiplayer is impractical to set up, and that the "Store" goes away after you first make a purchase (but is still available if you actually take a character to 300 feet). These have been fixed and are in final testing, so will be in 1.1.6 in a week or two.

Thanks for all your support to date!

--
    Waz

9. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #129 bigred447uk, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    Thanks for the update Waz !

Right then TA guild anyone ? I need some friends to play with ......

Edit : not sure how it works but my nickname is Parvizal if anyone wants to add me for multiplayer. Going to read up on multiplayer on the games website.

Edit 2 : ok just re-read Waz's post. Is mp possible at all before the next update ? Sounds like not ?

10. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Hey guys, i accidently zap my self with polymorph. A bat, funny. So, help? My dog is the boss now, since he do all the killing lol

11. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    If you have enough food to survive a long resting period, I believe you can rest until the effect wears off. I takes a while though.

12. REkzkaRZ

REkzkaRZ Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    TV Production / AV Engineer
    SF Bay Area
    Pretty sure this is a bug. I get this as well. Sometimes when I tap the pet and select 'feed', inventory shows meat & potions. Sometimes it just shows potions. BUG

Agreed, love the game. So far this is my fav roguelike on iOS -- mostly b/c it plays so well!

I posted my AppStore review to my blog -- rekzkarz.com

13. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    No, sorry, MP is not really possible (it is , but only on LAN and really I don't want to document it's stupid brokenness, because it's too embarrassing). The 1.1.6 release will be sent to Apple tomorrow which fixes it to work the same as other platforms - it's cross-platform, so sorry, it won't use Game Center, at least for now. The last update took less than a week to go through Apple review, so provided they don't have a "we're getting sick of this joker with no QA department" policy, it should only be a week away.

Note that multiplayer is not like anything else you have ever seen. It's an idea I came up with myself that preserves all the roguelike aspects while also giving a sense of co-op (in Co-op mode) or competition (in Competition mode). Don't go thinking it's WoW though!

Maybe. I need to get a game file to know. Pet's won't accept food if they aren't hungry, nor if it's food they don't eat (cays and dogs don't like carrots and apples, but a 'pet' human will happily eat them, for example).

14. auver

auver Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Is there a limitation on number of enchant?
    I used blessed scroll of enchant armor, then my precious +8 helm goes blown up! :p

15. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    The "knowledge" for enchant scrolls tells you that enchanting items that are already heavily enchanted is risky.

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    In the gnome mines now, and I think there is a bug. I kill the gnomes riding the machines, but the machines just sit there. Spells do damage to them, but they dont seem to die or explode. Normal +0 staff always misses. I keep having to teleport the machines away.

I left my cat somewhere and it got angry then started howling. I am not optimistic about that...

So far I have not found a key for the bottom door -- did skip two levels, so I'm going to go back and look.

17. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    If you think this game has what it takes to be your Game Of the Week, vote for it here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=188555

B]Please note:
    1) Devs cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members - no outsiders allowed. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.[/B]

18. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Wax hack is currently in the lead for GOTW with 25% of the vote ! (So far)

Come on my fellow TA'ers ! Lets show that rogue-like isn't a niche genre after all !

19. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I understand that the nature of a roguelike is to include permadeath, and I totally respect that, yet, at the same time, there is so much in this game that you can only figure out by experimentation (or by searching for online spoilers). I wonder if the game would benefit from having an "experimental mode" where you could revert to a previous save (possibly at some cost) and be disqualified from winning the game or leaderboards but you could freely experiment. What I feel is that I could spend 10 hours reaching the bottom of the dungeon and then die to misguessing how some element of the game works and at that point I'm probably going to stop playing rather than do another 10 hours just to discover a different unsuspected threat, etc.

20. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    If I recall NetHack had a similar mode where you can explore and experiment (and die over and over again) but did not score anything.