Universal WazHack (by Warwick Allison)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, May 7, 2013.

1. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Of course - the IAPs are permanently associated with your Apple ID by Apple - just use the Recover button in Options/Store.

I hardly ever use running when I play (as Skully says, patience is a virtue and running will get you killed), maybe that's what I need to look into. Certainly it uses more CPU when running (all AI etc. also speeds up, its not actually running). Maybe try just tapping to play and it will be better in multiple ways. Meanwhile, I'll look into this clue. Maybe the retina resolution also causes more touch events per second or something similar that doesn't show up on lower-end devices but the game is somehow sensitive to. Thanks for the tip!

Now I'm definitely suspecting running!

2. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    My dog dropped in a level below.. Can't climb the ladder.. How come? All dogs can climb ladder can't they?

Also why aren't there any information in spells and items?

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I ran into this as well. I hit a dead end and had to ascend to go down a different way. The dog wouldn't follow me even though he usually does. I checked his status and he was "happy", just wouldn't climb so I had to leave him behind.

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Maybe this is what the whistle is for. I have been testing the whistle, but so far I cant figure that one out!

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    My new most ridiculous death is from uncursed gauntlets of fumbling. I didnt realize that a non-cursed item could be harmful, and somehow thought I kept hitting the wrong thing and dropping my weapon.

My new idea is to try throwing the mushrooms at monsters. They are too % toxic to eat without the skill, and identify seems to only do one at a time.

6. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I think not all whistles are the same, but if it identifies as "magic whistle" then it brings your pet to you. However, I don't see why the pet wouldn't follow you if you find it; this is for the case where you get separated from it and can't find it.

Blessed scroll of identify can identify everything you're carrying, I think.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    So far I havent seen any wand/potion of polymorph - if those arent in game, maybe add em. Such a fun but desperate item :)

8. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    The wand of polymorph is there... I got one

9. midian3x

midian3x Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Any one know how to dual wield?

Everytime I try to give the warrior another weapon it just replaces the one he is currently using.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Go to the equip screen (press the button with the armor/sword/shield icon) and tap the second weapon, make sure both weapons you want to equip are highlighted, then press ok.

11. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I don't really understand when the pet follows and when it doesn't, or when it attacks and when it doesn't. Sometimes it will sit right there when an enemy is present and do nothing. Sometimes it will sit at the bottom or top of the ladder and not follow, but if I keep moving it will catch up with me. In the game I'm currently playing I have the "magic whistle" so it's really no problem.

I also don't really understand how my dog can carry two suits of armor and six weapons and four spellbooks and not even be burdened....

12. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I poly morphed a kobold into a strange walrus like creature which I defeated after an arduous battle that gained me three levels ! This strike of luck was soon to be thwarted when against my better judgement I decided to try on the mummy bandages that dropped from a mob leaving me blind and unable to read spell books :/

Curse curses !

13. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Tames attack based on relative Level and their own HP. Unless they are attacked, then they will fight back. Dogs can't climb ladders... well, they can but they look so stupid doing it that they never do it while you are watching. (Actually, I just made them magic up the ladder in an early version because I hadn't done climb animations for them... and I found it amusing so I left it that way!)

Each creature, including the player, gets a carrying capacity based on his size, STR, and CON.
    Put simply though, it's like that because its more fun. As I always say when people ask for any game "But where does he put all that loot/guns/ammo/iron ore?' --- well, in his Inventory, of course! :p

14. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone notice this unity 3D engine is a battery drainer? 20% drop within 10 mins of play

15. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    My char died from hunger.. Duh.. How do I overcome hunger? Also are there shops in this game

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Eat creature flesh before it rots even if your not starving. Not rabid rat or slime flesh, and probably not bat flesh either.

Dont carry more than you need to -- give some to pet. Seem to burn more food if carrying a lot.

I have yet to die of hunger, but I sometimes take gastronomy anyway.

There are some shops...random when you encounter.

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    1. Why do shopkeepers buy cursed stuff?

2. What does blessed do as opposed to +/-? Had a -1 blessed item.

3. Suggestion: what about adding a potion that makes you bigger or smaller? Are + gold finding items in the game?

4. What does Wisdom do?

Best roguelike, even if I stink at it!

18. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    That seems excessive. What device? Most active 3D games use nearly 100% CPU and GPU - do other similar games gives better results?

--
    Waz

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I agree with point 3 that would be cool if you drank a potion that made you bigger or smaller.
    And agree with the best rogue like, I've had some terrible luck in this game with dying early on and in strange ways but still I love the game and keep coming back for more.

20. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I haven't had any battery problems. Played for several hours on iPad Retina and used maybe 30-40% of charge.

Blessed and cursed are entirely separate from the attributes, plus or minus. E.g., you could have a cursed +1 mace or a blessed -1 mace. The former would still get an attack bonus and the latter an attack penalty. Cursed items when equipped can't be unequipped. Blessing a cursed item makes it uncursed, but you need to bless it again to make it actually blessed. Some types of items get specific benefits when blessed. E.g., blessed scrolls generally have a stronger effect than normal (uncursed) scrolls. Blessed identify scroll will identify more items, blessed enchant weapon scroll will add a larger bonus, etc. I don't know if cursed scrolls and potions are less effective or even harmful. Spending $70 each to bless these types of items at the priest's altar can be a good idea. I don't know if blessing your weapons, armor, etc., has any specific effect. I blessed my Midas Sack and it seems to do good things for some of the stuff I put in it now. I couldn't tell if blessing a regular sack makes it lighter.