Universal WazHack (by Warwick Allison)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, May 7, 2013.

1. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    You can go into Multiplayer and either host or join a game. You can then choose Co-op or Competitive multiplayer. I haven't actually gotten to play with anyone yet, but I know in co-op you can trade items with each other if your avatars are next to each other in the dungeon.

2. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    How deep can we go? Is there a ending to this game

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I am at the part where I met the gnomish king asking me to slay a gigantic rat which I did.. Then I went back to him but he doesn't say I completed the quest.. How far am I from ending... I think I am about to die from hunger and nothing to kill

4. seeraphael

seeraphael Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes, there is an ending. A bit anticlimactic, really - I just reached the end, myself.

5. 3n+r0py

3n+r0py Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Philippines
    I couldn't put this game down! Well I didn't get to play Nethack in the past but this sure is refreshing.

Between the permadeath, hunger mechanic, randomly generated dungeon and the hidden item properties on every playthrough, each replay gives a sense of adventure.

The little nuances in the graphics department is also cool. Ragdoll physics for dead mobs, the way light radiates from a wand to your character and the surrounding environs, how you can bounce of your magic missle off walls to try and dispatch the ever increasing number of mobs that's coming out of an ominous door - all of that adds to this game's charm.

If you're on the fence because of the art style, give the game a spin. And see how fast you can get to 300ft.

Even my 8 yr old son is getting into this, appreciating the combat mechanics the game has on offer. We both play the wizard class.

And as several folks have mentioned, the way it's designed is pick-up and play friendly. Very comfortable to play with on the iPhone.

6. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    I hope you reached the 'Victory' screen, not just the bottom.

7. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    I hate this game.
    No well I love it, but sometimes it must makes me so angry.
    You are the best game ever!
    I have had it with you...you're getting deleted.
    Come back. I'm sorry, I don't mean it, I love you.

And that about sums up every time I play this game.

Oh and the update is great. Love the quick menu buttons.

8. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Did you kill "all" of the rats down there because on mine there were 3 or 4 of them.

9. 3n+r0py

3n+r0py Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Philippines
    #329 3n+r0py, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    throwable potions

Just realized while being a wizard levitating above a dwarf king, a werewolf, a troll, an ogre and a fire ant with just a hair's width of health left, zero mana and no more weapons to chuck at them -

that I could throw my negative-effect potions of paralysis, hallucination, etc towards my attackers! *facepalm* Should have backread this thread, i see several posts mentioning that the potions can be thrown. Ugh.

Should make it a little more easier on the next playthrough. Makes me want to buy xcom now, heard it's got permadeath too.

10. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Can any veterans discuss wishing for us? Also are the colors of the potions random every game?

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The WazHack Wiki is a great source for advanced information such as wishing without getting to spoilery here:
    http://wazhack.wikia.com/wiki/Wish

Potions are randomized every game.

12. Heavnsix

Apr 22, 2012
    Ok I've got another question: I managed to get polymorphed, how can I fix it? And what is a good solution to the food problems I keep running into as a class without gastronomy?

13. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Polymorph Spoiler.
    You will revert back to your normal form when you take enough damage. Get your butt kicked for a bit and you'll be back to normal.

14. Heavnsix

Apr 22, 2012
    Thanks for the info! Any tips for handling food shortage as an evil Mage?

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I just got into playing WazHack (it was in my backlog, if there is such a thing as a free download backlog) and am amazed; I should have listened to people here and played it earlier. Great game. Oddly it's cheaper on App Store than PC/Desura.

Between the Kingturn games, WazHack, 9th Dawn, Gurk III, Cavern 2.0, and several other gems this year things are looking really good for iOS gaming.

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Sheeeesh you should have certainly listened and played this ages ago its a great game. :eek:

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #337 undeadcow, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Reading through some of the eqrly thread...
    What does the future have in store for WazHack? The official page and Twitter seems mostly silent. I ask because I can't stop playing WazHack, not that I'm anywhere near mastering what is in place. Is 1.1.x coming along?
    Rogue class?!?

18. Xaliba

Xaliba Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Ok, I have picked up this game and tried to play it.
    Its confusing to me. I'm not even getting past 200 feet IF IM LUCKY.

Where's the best guide for this game? I need some noob help haha

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oooooo update

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yep, double the amount of characters now :) and it said some new items :D