Universal WazHack (by Warwick Allison)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, May 7, 2013.

1. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I own the PC version, if I buy the IOS version too can I use the same account? I'll definitely play with you guys also.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh! It's probably best to use game centre or something, I set my score to always without even thinking.
    I'll change it back to something reasonable :D like the default 10k

3. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    No, they're separate. Just add a '2' to your nickname is the best I can suggest.

The trouble is that anything I use really needs to be multi-platform. Probably should always post MP regardless, and also show them at end-of-game instead of having to go to the website.

4. logik2000

logik2000 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    The answer appears a number of times on the same page on which you asked the question. *wink*

Also, note descriptions and options of some non-gem items.

5. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    I really like this game, but death by gnome train is stupid. The controls aren't good enough to decide if you are on the tracks or not. Death by bad decision is fine, but death by poor UI is not.

Also, I'd love a save mode. Gasp! I know tht is supposed to be sacred, but that's lame. Just have a save mode for if you die and want to continue without your score being postable or improved. It is, after all, a game.

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmmm so they stay as normal gems until there identified? Because I've found a fire stone once or twice but mostly I just find plain old gems, guess ill have to start identifying things more.

7. Styrixa

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    You can often iD gems by simply dropping them. It works for portals, gas, and others.

8. Styrixa

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    Check out the Wazhack Wiki. It is sparse now, but feel free to sign up an add to it.
    http://wazhack.wikia.com/wiki/Wazhack_Wiki

9. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Gasp ! No ! A multitude of games have this so play them instead. This is sacred. There are only a few games with this mechanic .. so let them be for the people who like this.

You wouldn't like it if I was insisting all games had this mechanic so don't try make the tiny minority that don't conform. Please let us keep this genre for the few that cherish it.

Long live permadeath ! Er... does that make sense ?

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice, makes total sense :D

11. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Thx for the backup. This game is what it is. Permadeath rules as a shard of integrity in a choppy sea of middle of the road guide you by the hand IAP driven crap. Losing or dieing is a big no no in games these days. Tsk. Modern bobbins...

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Agreed, the whole reason I love rogue likes and permadeath games is becuase I know there's an end somewhere but in reality I'll probably not reach it, but it never stops me coming back and trying again and with the random generation every game is different.
    It's the only genre that I don't buy/finish then delete, probably the best value for money games out there. Especially Waz Hack its fantastic even each character class makes the game feel totally different.

13. Styrixa

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    Having a secondary backup after the first death doesn't change your ability to play with permanent death. Juat have it as a preference and everyone can enjoy. You sound unnecessarily elitist.

14. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    I'm sorry if we sound elitist, I think everyone here certainly didn't intend to be. It's just that permadeath (non-voluntary) is a hallmark of the roguelike genre, which we are anxious to preserve and is all too rare on the App Store nowadays.

In any case, your question has been asked before; the dev (Waz) has made his position on the issue very clear: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2824757&postcount=150

15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Just started giving this a go. Having a pretty good time. Love how random it is. Though I fear repeating the early stages over and over again could get old?
    I just went to zap a goblin with my missile wand and it bounced and got me and I died lol.

16. deejayjaw

deejayjaw Member

May 14, 2013
    Haha! Someone else who met the same fate. I was super frustrated when it happened to me, but I know I won't be making that mistake again.

The save mode has been debated in prior posts. If there was one, I'd use it, and I'd be done with the game already. As it is, I can't get enough of it. I'm not some roguelike superfan or anything, I played a little Fargoal and that's it (if that even counts), but it is what it is because there is no save, and it has its little niche that way. If you could save, it becomes a very very short RPG.

I mentioned being able to save one item in the past, and Waz said he may implement something in the future. I think that would allow you to at least build on a prior playthrough just a little bit more.

I added a bit to it, but I don't have that much experience with updating Wikis so some of the pages may be ugly. Please feel free to edit and beautify.

17. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Why would you do that? Lack of self-control?

18. deejayjaw

deejayjaw Member

May 14, 2013
    Yes, exactly.

19. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Don't know if it was mentioned (or asked) but any chance of adding GC achievements? :)

20. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Looking for multiplayer buddies. My username is Richard