Universal Wayward Souls (by Rocketcat Games) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2014]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Myrkul

Myrkul Active Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Was wondering the same thing myself...

2. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    No, as far as I know. They don’t offer cloud service for any of their games, iirc.

3. EmilianoDTH

EmilianoDTH Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    That sucks.

raravan and ioso like this.
  4. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    REALLY wish they’d offer a slightly easier difficulty setting. I want to love this game but I never made it past the mines and lost interest. Then got it again a year later, never made it past the mines, lost interest. Just got it again to encourage the developer. And having such a hard time getting through the mines. Frustrating.

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Bug fix out for those of you having issues with the prior release.

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

42A1A2B0-5699-4A1A-8D6F-1E104F419879.png 4CC71ED4-28F3-4C45-9AD7-401C0EE7C58C.png I tried it out after the update. Still having the same UI issue with the scroll/item counter. Also, at the forge, the pictures of the two optional weapon forges aren’t visible. The top of the ‘Hats’ menu is also cut off.

iPhone 7+ iOS 12.1.4

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Playing great and looks fantastic on my XS.

Love having this game back. Still can’t do squat in the Catacombs, but having fun getting all the characters there again.

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Same on iPad Pro 12.9”

9. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #4449 Guise, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Same issues here. iPhone 6+ iOS 10.3.3

EDIT: New update fixed the UI issues. Hopefully others with + phones will have issues solved as well. Thanks, Kepa!

Anotherkellydown and raravan like this.
  10. Anotherkellydown

Working perfectly on my 7+ now. Thank you!

I had this game on my mini 2 when I was playing it a ton. Needless to say, my data was wiped after installing on my iPhone. So I’ve been playing from scratch and saving coins for those permanent upgrades. Still as fun as ever! Beat Humphrey today so I’m getting somewhere :)

ramzarules likes this.
  11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    since there are no cloud saves, i did the workaround : in their fb page, some time after the release rocketcat posted cheats that give you maxed characters so you dont have to coin farm again - but you still have to gather the hats, that worked fine for me since i had the characters maxed on both devices, and different hats.
    No cloud saves hurts me on Drtc, but i have anyway stopped it and waiting for some kind of easy mode since i cant get past siege3 :)

bx59 and Anotherkellydown like this.
  12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    You can download your save file onto a pc using iTunes or similar if that helps.
    Wayward Souls allows Apples File Sharing system and the save file is stored as a .DAT file, accessible in Apps.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  13. Anotherkellydown

Wow, that’s very helpful. Thanks to you both for the help!

14. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Still no news about the paladin update ? :(

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmmm.... now that the Steam version has been officially released, does that mean the iOS build will be getting some attention again? Or will you be too busy trying to deal with any bugs/issues that arise with the PC version for a while longer?
    **note:;: I'm not trying to be negative at all, we've waited this long, a bit longer won't hurt, and I've got the PC version as well, so either way, one of the versions that I'll be playing will be getting some attention from you guys.
    And... just want to say:;: this game is AMAZING on my laptop!!! Thank you for all of the hard work you all did getting it ported to PC and adding everything that you have throughout the early access versions up through to the official build. I LOVE playing this on my larger laptop screen and the game looks absolutely fantastic! And after playing the Steam version, I'm even more excited about the iOS version getting updated with all the new and incredible features/content (not to mention, the Paladin!!!).

houseofg likes this.
  16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I don't have the Steam or any other version but am still holding out the tiniest bit of hope that the Paladin will arrive someday.

Last I heard, his being added to the iOS version was dependent on how many users actually downloaded the latest iOS update and/or were still playing the game. If there seemed to be enough interest to warrant the time and effort needed to add iOS Paladin and new content, then iOS Paladin and new content would be added. Not sure if an official verdict has been announced.

Hook on.

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    hah on monday i see their fb "new update and all content coming over to ios this week" and i am like
    :O :O :O
    then i see
    DRTC
    blehhhh

18. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    The paladin update won’t be coming to ios, we have been strung along for ages saying they will update the pc version version first, and now the pc version got so many updates and changes that they don’t find it worth their money and time to update the ios version anymore. The game is still good without those updates, but it still kinda sucks.

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  20. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Awesome news that they took the time and effort to give us the Paladin update after all. I wish they made it a paid upgrade so we could support their effort, but seeing how they finally decided to hold sales on their ios games i hope that they can make some money.