Universal Wayward Souls (by Rocketcat Games) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2014]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 23, 2014.

1. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    You're almost there, dude. You only need one hourglass to destroy the boss. Just be sure not to get too near the body while backstabbing. The projectiles can still hit you before they disappear from the hourglass effect.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I almost got him. Damn!

Next time I am gona beat it.

3. WaywardSoul

WaywardSoul Member

Jan 26, 2017
    #4343 WaywardSoul, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Lord, please bless us with the Paladin this month. I'll start believing in you if you bless us with the Paladin this month.

4. Doovy

Doovy Active Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Congratulations, your first post has made me laugh :D
    Welcome to the forums!

5. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #4345 Kepa, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Wayward Souls PC version is ramping up. Still needs testing and fixing up.

I'll keep doing these videos until we get to the new character, the Paladin.

After PC version is out, the iOS update is next. It will add a lot of the stuff the PC version got.

We're thinking of asking for PC testers here, from people that have been posting on this thread 4ever. I'll let you know if we figure this out more. You'd need Steam as a requirement.

EDIT: I should mention that we're trying out the PC version being about 25% faster than the mobile version. You can (or can't?) see it in the above video. Mostly doing this because it otherwise seems way slower due to the bigger screen.

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY

Amazing!

7. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Good news to see the PC version, but please please don't forget about the Hook series, an update would be great.

8. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #4348 Dankrio, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Today I've bought my fourth copy and have gifted it to my gf. It should keep her occupied for a while. Lol

Still trying to beat catacombs with the rogue, but I haven't been playing it daily, since I was collecting idols on Punch Quest for a while. Gonna go back to it now.

9. Doovy

Doovy Active Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I laughed at how Kepa died, the Mage requires patience! XD

10. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    What a FANTASTIC run! I wasn't even touched by the enemies on the first 4 floors of the Catacombs. Unbelievable! Then I started to become a little nervous and was hit a few times on the next floors. Despite that, I was able to finally clear it with the Rogue.

Time for the Adventurer!

11. Doovy

Doovy Active Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Whaaaaat get outta heeeeere!

But are you a diaaaaaaaaamoooooooooond yeeeeeeeet?

12. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Lol, no way.

I am afraid to even imagine what awaits me there. However, I promised that I would only move to another level after I beat the previous one with all characters in order.

So, there remains the Adventurer, Spellsword and Cultist. Gonna beat it or have fun trying (and dying).

13. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    But, seriously, that run with the Rogue was one of my best gaming experiences ever. Really. It was way too fun. That magic moment when everything goes right.

And I used to dislike permadeth and hard games. Thanks, Rocketcat, for that! I've learned to enjoy even the defeat.

14. bhoylhogro

Nov 26, 2014
    This is precisely why I love Wayward Souls. The feeling of satisfaction in beating a hard game. Where dying is sometimes frustrating but always your fault.

With a lot more tools to use, I believe you'll do better with Adventurer in the catacombs.

On a side note, I just died on the City of Crushed Hopes on my 30-day marathon run in Death Road to Canada. It definitely was soul-crushing...

15. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #4355 Dankrio, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Finally did it with the Adventurer! Not as smoothly as my run with the Rogue, though. Time for the Spellsword now. And then the Cultist. After that, it is time to try to bring things to the next level.

I am gonna need a lot of luck, since the Catacombs are already very brutal as they are. I can only imagine the next step.

Also on a middle of a run on DRTC. Things are nice so far, too much ammo and Valkyrie on the group, but I suspect that death is surrounding at every corner. Lol
    It makes the game so much fun.

16. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Oh my! Beat it on my first run with the Spellsword. I think I met be getting a hang of "roguish" characters here. Or might be plain luck. Who knows.

Now, only the Cultist left. Then time to try the next stage.

17. bhoylhogro

Nov 26, 2014
    After beating it with Rogue, you're sure to play better with Spellsword. He's the most consistent character that doesn't change much with forges.

18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    And finally beat it with the Cultist. Even if she is the most powerful one, this time it took me a while.

Time for the next level and to be beaten merciless time after time until I get a little better at it.

Gonna try to beat it with all characters or die trying.

19. WaywardSoul

WaywardSoul Member

Jan 26, 2017
    Really awesome to see somewhat of a resurge of interest in this game on the boards lately. Still play the hell out of it all the time.

20. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Just picked this up again and its weird how the game's mechanics just stick with you. I was expecting to do terrible but i was doing just as good as i was before i stopped playing