Universal Wave Wave (by Tom Janson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Been looking forward to this for a while, but just watching appspys review makes me feel nauseas. Not sure if it's just the flu, or a permanent thing. Bummer.
    I think I'll have to pick it up anyway, just hope I don't projectile vomit all over the iPad.

2. Double

Double Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    After reading imps and watching some vids, I decided this was for me, and it did not disappoint.

This will go in my Madness folder along with Duet, WingDot, 14px and Unstoppable.
    Thanks Tom.

3. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Pretty good so far, playing is less sickening than watching others play.
    I like the large variety of leaderboards and modes.
    It always irked me in super hexagon, the robot voice saying random shape names didn't seem to help me prepare, but I do like in wave wave how the robot voice actually helps you prepare for what's about to unfold.
    Invert is just insane. Quite enjoying the game so far, but don't think I could stomach playing many hours in a row!

4. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    So I made a video showing off all the modes but also got a siiick galaxy run while recording. Right now it seems there is only one good strategy to galaxy. You can see it at 7:41

5. Masstertron

Masstertron Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    #65 Masstertron, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Congrats on the front page feature here in the US! :D

Attached Files:

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

"That's it. That's all I'm playing of this."
    Instantly restarts
    lol

8. Masstertron

Masstertron Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Whoa! Thanks for telling me!

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #69 JCho133, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    Ok these inverse transitions really need some work, I almost always die because they either:
    1) Come when really precise taps are required
    Or
    2) the transition is too slow and I can't tell when the controls have actually been flipped

Edit: Changed my mind. It's perfect right now

10. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Ooh wow I just saw the Triforce from Zelda and heard the music from Super Hexagon !!!

11. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    where can I listening to the soundtrack? Thanks!

12. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Also what does the "Fast Camera" do?

13. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Forget it, I found it, and god I loooooooove Corrupted!

14. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I want " crank, game over, begin, invert, game over, begin etc" as my ringtone on my phone #

15. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    +1 :)

16. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I have now played this on and off for a few days and I can still say that this is a great game. Inverse can be tricky as some people have mentioned but as long as you know what is being in inverted you have a better chance of dealing with it.

I used to think the controls were inverted when it's really just the board. Best thing to do is keep a timing of when you need to tap in your head and you won't screw up. Also, my first reaction to inverse was to lift my finger off the screen (or vice versa). Stay the course and don't alter your movements durning inverse and you will do better.

The game is great but I am wondering if I will actually get good enough to tackle the higher difficulties. Anyone who can get through them are probably jacked into the matrix and seeing ones and zeros =]

One tip for the gamemaker/s...make the menu a little more obvious for choosing the 3 game modes: All / rotate / fixed. I don't think most people know they can touch each word and it selects the mode. Maybe a arrow for *both* mode and difficulty? Either that or a button clearly showing choice.

Really great game though!

17. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I spent some more time with the game and I changed my mind a bit. It's a fantastic and addictive game but I can't play it more then 10 minutes, it makes me feel not good. Honestly I felt sick for a few hours because I played it for too long. I don't know, never had this before

Much respect for everyone with a time of 40seconds+. I've got no idea how you're doing it.

18. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    hehehe Magic.

19. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    I am sorry, I have to brag, I just got 76 seconds on Waves! What I do is try to get at least 60 seconds on each level before moving on to the next. Super Hexagon style.

Anyway, I got 50 seconds even before the nuclear mode. I got lucky with a slow motion and Wave mode and racked up tons of seconds.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Holy cow! Here I was thinking I had gone insane the first time I played Super Hexagon. Ermmm...this is just insane on a totally different level. WOW!!!