Universal Waste in Space - Endless Arcade Shooter (by Moony Baboon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MoonyBaboon, Feb 24, 2016.

1. MoonyBaboon

MoonyBaboon Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Italy
    Received a 1 star review on the AppStore this morning complaining that Facebook is needed to save progress:
    I don't know if the reviewer is a TouchArcadian and can read this, but I'd like to point out that, despite the unfortunate "Login to Facebook to save progress" message we show in the title screen, he does not need to login to Facebook to save his game progress.
    He just needs it in case he wants to share his progress on all his devices.
    I guess we should change that message text in the main screen ASAP..

@LordShad0wz:
    Thanks for the wonderful review, very appreciated..

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. Yea. Wings of Heroes is STILL on my device. You guys are 2 for 2 with me! Lol

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wings is on my device too. I actually paid for the all included IAP. It was a great deal for only $2. It's a really fun game.

Devs,

Is it possible in a future update to color outfits? Seriously you made iron man purple? Lol

I'm #6 on the Global leaderboard. I'm going to get to number 1!

Where are all you TA'ers out there? Come on and play this game!

Billy

4. MoonyBaboon

Nov 11, 2014
    Italy
    Hehe, two early supporters!
    About Wings of Heroes I wonder if any of you finished the game.. we are very proud of the ending sequence but I guess very few players actually saw it.

He's purple because he's not Iron Man, he's Tin Man! Very different.. :D
    About the "color outfit" feature, we thought about it but we decided it messed up the style of the game too much.
    We'll surely add new ranks, acrobatics, characters and gravity hats if the game does well though.
    I'm on the global leaderboard too, and if you played Wings of Heroes you'll guess the nickname easily.. :)

We need more players for sure, but something is starting to move: some reviews are popping up here and there on the net, let's hope it gains some traction!

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    You know, I don't think I ever finished the game, but I plan to now. Wings of Heroes is a work of art and you should be proud of it. It's in one of my "all time" lists. It's a true gem IMO.

Not to take anything from this game. It's a great sophomore release!

6. MoonyBaboon

Nov 11, 2014
    Italy
    Thanks for the kind words, we are really proud of it.

Getting back to Waste in Space, it's kinda strange that no other TA'der (except in the first few posts) stepped in to say what they think about it.
    We had far more contributors in the upcoming thread, and traffic should be much higher here. :confused:
    Maybe they don't like it and they don't wanna ruin the joyous mood of the thread.. :D

7. MoonyBaboon

Nov 11, 2014
    Italy
    #27 MoonyBaboon, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Pro tip #1:
    There's a semi-hidden feature (actually there's a space tip about it) that's quite useful in certain game situations.
    When you hold the touch on the screen and you are attached to an asteroid, you can slide your finger left or right to impress a force to your character. This allows for a fine grained "manual" control, useful to avoid incoming trash, perform acrobatics and flips etc.. It works as soon as you attach to an asteroid, therefore it can be used also to slow down or accelerate your swing.
    It can give you an edge for climbing the leaderboards.

8. MoonyBaboon

Nov 11, 2014
    Italy
    4 days ago we submitted version 1.0.2 for review.
    It fixes the issue where purchasing special characters (scrooge and piggy bank) allows earning more coins only when player selects them.
    Now the fast earning mode is enabled for any character and gravity hat selected, once you have purchased a special character.
    This new version should be available in a couple of days I guess, we'll let you know when Apple approves the release.
    As I side note we'd like to inform you that this evening (GMT) we'll also release Android version.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Nice!

I've been playing everyday. It's been a pain in the butt to switch back and forth to get the extra coins. In happy the update addresses this!

I'm going to get to the number one global spot if it kills me lol

Billy

10. MoonyBaboon

Nov 11, 2014
    Italy
    The Apple review process is taking a long time.. 5 days today and still waiting for review.

About number one global spot: watch out, competition will get fiercer with Android gamers! :D
    Global leaderboard is cross-platform, and you can also sync progress cross-platform with Facebook connect.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    3rd place now. Lol

I'm gonna get it!

Billy

12. MoonyBaboon

Nov 11, 2014
    Italy
    Just released version 1.0.2.
    Let us know if you encounter any problems with it!
    Thanks.