Universal Warp Shift (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 25, 2016.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks girl ha ha, it made me proud of myself he he, and thanks to Isbit Games for such a wonderful game, it's a joy to play.

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    So did you manage to complete the game with all stars to unlock the "special" ending?

3. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh no, I am on level 4-10, the first level with 12 boxes, taking my time, some puzzles take more than an hour to complete, I don't want to use hints, well I used 2 hints because on those levels it took me more than 2 hours and that was to long even for me, and if the last world is the hardest it will take me another 15 hours.

Did you finish it, you normally are faster then me with these games.

4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Thanks @ISBITGAMES for the detailed explanation! I actually never noticed the little detail that @mr_bez pointed out until I looked at it today! Also, the more missing cubes there are that row (that represents one level), the less stars it has? I don't seem to see very much difference between 0 and 1 stars, and there are times where 1 and 2 stars don't seem very much difference neither. Is this intentional?

I would like to see the highest star record in the pause menu though, so that I know which levels to skip when tapping next after I perfected the previous level.

I get what you meant there by the story telling us about our world. ;) I'm just trying to understand the companion cube's world underground and in space. Hmm...

I'm stuck on 3 starring Level 4-10 now, so close though! Tier 5 levels are going to be insane.... Thankfully I managed to 3 star 3 of them on the first run through. :D

@y2kmp3, I think @ISBITGAMES made the right choice to give some leeway, especially so at the harder levels. I'm sure all of us don't want to solve in the REAL minimum move number, especially when it is like, 18/19 moves (referring to some of the tier 5 levels with 20+ moves given), as it's really frustrating when we are forced into one solution and only one way of thinking.

Can't wait to watch the special video by 3 starring everything! :D

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #45 y2kmp3, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    I finished up to Level 5-7 so far. All 3 stars. No hints. World 5 puzzles are insanely hard (particularly Level 5-5). Level 5-6 requires 19 moves!

In many ways, the game is made more difficult in that there is only a limited number of "strategies" you can learn from playing previous levels which you can leverage in subsequent levels. Many of the levels in World 5 require you to "move" certain cells far ahead, in such a way that they would later align in the right way. This means that your immediate objective is often not to move your player character but to figure out what other cells to move first before moving your player character or moving the cell where your player character currently resides in.

We need AppUnwrapper!

Roger-NL, watch out for 4-12 and 4-14! Took me a while to get those levels.

6. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am gonna 3 star the first 4 worlds, almost done, and then I am gonna finish world 5 without 3 starring it just to see the ending, and after that I am gonna 3 star world 5 for the special ending, but that may take a while.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Level 4-12 can also be 3 starred without using the portals.

I am the no portals user kind of guy he he.

8. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Level 5-8 can be solved in
    moves (par for level is 18 moves). :)

9. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    You all are way ahead of me! I'm still in world 2, and frequently experience "wtf" moments LOL, but do enjoy the game. Very well done! ISBITGAMES is on my radar for whatever their next games will be! :D

(I do doubt that I ever will finish the game, reading of levels where ~20 moves are needed. Unfortunately I simply have not the time for that complex levels. But it doesn't prevent me from highly appreciating the game for what it offers me already so far!)

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #50 y2kmp3, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Yikes! Level 5-12 has a par value of 21 moves! However, the level can be solved in just
    moves (first time a level can be solved at
    3 under par
    ).

Also, Level 5-10 can be solved in
    moves (par value is 17 moves)!

The mere fact that there are now 4 (updated) levels that can be solved under par is, to the contrary, a very encouraging sign I like to see in a puzzle game like this. This is because, unless the developer is deliberately raising the par value to give a margin of error to scoring 3 stars, their presence indicates that the solutions to these puzzles were derived manually and not based on an algorithmic search.

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just saw the end movie, awesome stuff ha ha, completed world 5 in two go's could not contain myself, I had to see it.

I got 3 stars on the first 4 worlds, now I take my time to 3 star world 5 and see the special ending.

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Nice work, Roger-NL.

I completed all of them with 3 stars using no hints except one level in World 5. So close and yet so far... ;)

13. You guys are awesome!! (Much Love from the whole ISBIT TEAM) @y2kmp3, what level in World5 is left to be completed with 3 stars for you?

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #54 y2kmp3, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    It is one of the last levels in World 5. I don't want to disclose which level yet, as I don't want to risk someone inadvertently posting spoiler screenshots (I can reveal, however, that the level I am stuck on is not 5-15 (the last level in the game with a par value of 26), which strangely enough, took me only a few minutes to solve, perhaps by sheer chance). Because of the built-in hint function, it is too easy and tempting to use it. It is a level that I am constantly stuck 2 moves above target for 3 stars. I found half a dozen solution variants, but they are all above par. I assume that there is some blindspot I am somehow not seeing.

Can you share from your best-testing any data on the relative difficulty of the levels from World 5? I am asking because there are many earlier levels which I found to be more difficult than the later levels. I may have to shelf the game for now and to come back with a fresh perspective...

Also, I presume you saw my previous posts about the different levels in the game for which I found alternative solutions that are below par. Were you able to discover these solutions and confirm my finding? Any of them known to you during development of these levels?

15. tamas.papik

tamas.papik New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    It looks pretty cool, however the cool graphics could not make me forget that this game is kinda same as any pipe and water line fixing maze style table game. Sometimes i am really surprised how people would buy the game they played many times before again and again. :D

Nice graphics! Good job btw. :rolleyes:

16. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #56 y2kmp3, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Completed game! All 3 stars! Saw bonus ending... I agree that the bonus ending reveals a "big" twist that gives a profoundly different interpretation of the normal ending. :)

[​IMG]

@ISBITGAMES, the level I was stuck on for days was 5-13. For me, this level was tricky because the second move was counterintuitive. After the first move, there were three other possible moves that were at first glance to be far more advantageous. This misled me to keep experimenting with those other moves which obviously led to a dead-end. Once the "correct" second move was made, the remaining moves rapidly fell in line to lead to the correct solution.

Also, as I stated in my previous posts, in my playthrough, I discovered alternative underpar solutions that were more efficient than the "presumed" stock solutions in 4 levels (3-14, 5-8, 5-10, 5-12). Were you able rediscover these solutions?

Someone has posted all of the "stock" solutions (using the built-in hint function) on YouTube. I have since seen these solutions for a few of the game's later levels. Obviously, my underpar solutions necessarily differ from the stock solutions for those involved levels. Notwithstanding this, I was still quite surprised to find that many of my solutions were dramatically different from those intended solutions as suggested by the hints, despite the same efficiency (same number of moves). Have you investigated this? A good example is 5-15 (the last level). My solution (at least to me) is far more intuitive and does not require the initial "complicated" setup moves used in the stock solution. I suppose this is good, since anyone who claims to have truly solved the game all on their own is expected to have at least some of their solutions different from the stock solutions (a good litmus test).

17. @y2kmp3 Thats super impressive! the last chapter is really tricky! and we are also very happy that you liked our extended ending. Would be great to hear about your interpretation of the story (with intro, memory fragments and outro)

aaah, 5-13 is a tricky one! =) On that topic, What levels where your favorites?
    Regarding levels under par, we have received some data that people have completed some levels under par, and its very inspiring to see the different solutions! One of our main discoveries during internal and beta testing was that people have different way of "seeing a solution". For example, Some people love to try to create a nice passage for Pi and navigate to the exit trough several rooms, others like to have Pi staying in a room as much as possible and then move around everything else. So the cool part is that everyone seems to have a preferred way of trying to solve a level.

What we tried to do when designing each level was to satisfying all of these different "mindsets", but especially surprise the user with new ways of thinking. For example, one of my favorite levels are 3-10, because it suddenly forces you to do something that isn't expected.

One of our favorite moments when we played the game was when we designed a level but someone in the team completed it under par! this created new ideas of solutions and level design that we used during the development process.

Regarding potential future updates, what would you like to see in the game?
    We constantly want to listen to the community and make sure can provide the best possible experience for our users.

And thanks again for completing our game and we are super happy that you enjoyed it!

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    An undo button. Look at Puzzlepops which released recently for an excellent example. You can undo your last couple of moves without having to completely restart. It makes a huge difference on later levels.

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Congrats y2kmp3 for completing the game, I just 3 starred level 5-2 took me awhile, but it's great when you finnaly see it, to fully complete the game I think I will need 10 more hours or so.

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #60 ROGER-NL, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Just finished the whole game, 3 starred everything.

It was a great game to play and a polished overall package, left you a 5 star revieuw in the Dutch Appstore.