WARNING X Explicit Language X See what this awful dev wrote me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Lavender, Oct 17, 2015.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Some analytics put woman at 52% of gamers overall, some 48%, whichever it's pretty even depending on age these days and makes the initial attack by the developer even more dumbfounding and probably a good part of the reason he would like it all shut down.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    That's how first world we are these days, nothing better to do than blame a gender for plotting the demise of a hobby that's never been healthier statistically.

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
  4. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #44 Lavender, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Hello all! :)

I have been reading everything here.
    Thank you to everyone for your kindness and support.
    I love that the thread took on a different course to something so much more important then me.
    I appreciate that the thread was not deleted. (Thanks for that squarezero and Eli)

A couple of people have asked me for an update. So here it is: The Dev has not ever contacted me after this. Obviously, he preferred to threaten everyone else to get any traces of bad behavior removed. He never wrote an apology to me either. It is what it is. I did report it to admin in the forum he wrote to me in, and they banned him. That's it.

My heart goes out to all the women (and some men of course) that have been affected by online harrassment due to their gender. Gaming is an equal oppurtunity event for everyone regardless of gender, race, or choice. And; so is respect.

I am so pleased that this thread went beyond insignificant me, and opened up an important discussion. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of that and again; thank you for your support and kindness.
    I am reminded again.... what a great forum Touch Arcade is!!! :)

5. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    >Reddit

Well there's your problem

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    People here at TA are respectful and nice in general, and when a user arises who's unpolite, rude, etc., he/she's usually banned quite fast. That's what makes TA forums different to others :) Of course anyone can have a bad day and post something unappropriate, but in general peace returns after a few posts.

Reg your issue, as everyone else said, just ignore & forget it, it's the best you can do ;)

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #47 rIcHrAnDoM, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Well now, just stumbled across this thread. Read it in its entirety. Despicable actions by an under-educated developer. Women in gaming, I feel, is absolutely vital to the entire ecosystem of the AppStore. Honestly, these forums have some of the best female presence I've encountered. Very useful impressions of games, and gaming related issues.

I know that TA has been and will continue to be hospitable to all persons who have an interest in iOS gaming and the desire to inquire and share info concerning it. I'm not a big forums poster, although I've certainly sought out views and info on an array of other sites for PS, Vita and Nintendo gaming, as well as other sites for iOS gaming news.

None compare to TouchArcade! They all seem so impersonal and misinformed. I can only imagine if something of this nature were to happen to any member of the TA forums be they male of female, that not only would Eli give them a piece of his mind and then ban them, but most importantly the community would CARE, and be supportive.

Thank you Lavender for not just chalking this one up to "bad internet behavior" and shrugging it off, but instead bringing it here and making us aware of this type of behavior that is still going on out there.

Richard