Universal Warlords of Aternum (by InnoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Aug 15, 2016.

1. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Just wanted to share, I found out from the forums that the battles refresh every 2hr, you get 2 new battles, but if you have cleared all pvp you get 3 new battles instead. I think so, not really sure though as I didn't really read it through properly lol. But yeah I'm only 30pts behind 50 now.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I noticed I'm on 225 trophies but haven't had my platinum chest yet

3. limmyfox

Sep 11, 2011
    Woohoo I finally got my 6th which is a mage. I'm so going to train them for a 2mage team. And yeah ate a chunk of my cash upgrading them lol.
    And I think you get platinum after season ends.

4. limmyfox

Sep 11, 2011
    You receive your platinum chest when you reach top50. :D

5. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Completely addicted to this. Hope more characters/regiments get added and also asynchronous pvp or some implementation in those terms. Really good game for me but kind of underrated.

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #86 Nullzone, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Coming back to add that I stopped playing after last weekend.
    I didn't have much gametime on said weekend, and when I got back to playing, I couldn't get into it anymore. Mostly because it became too repetitive and quite a tad boring (common problem with this type of games):
    Upgrade unit, collect resources, upgrade some more, rinse repeat.
    With the battles being very similar across the board and not bringing anything new to the table, I lost interest.

Still, it was good for about 2 weeks of intense playing (2+ hours per day, which is a lot for me).
    And overall was a fun and engaging game while it lasted. I don't regret dropping a few bucks on the 30day pass, even if I only used half of it.
    If you don't mind not "completing" a game, and are fine with "play as long as the fun lasts", I can definitely recommend it.

7. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I’m sure this was out ages ago

8. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    About 2 years ago, yeah.

It was a fun game then and it’s still a fun game - they have done pretty regular update s on it. If you’re looking for a solid turn based strategy game with PvP and PvE campaign check it out.

Just be aware that PvP might be a little imbalanced, with most of the player base having played for years.

Original thread -
    https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/warlords-turn-based-strategy-by-black-anvil.292652/

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Didn't realize this already had a thread, I searched but used its newest name. The two threads have been merged now.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I had this game when it was originally released but for whatever reason at the time I deleted it. It then became unavailable in Australia. So I was happily surprised to find it re-released back here.
    I have been playing for a few weeks now and really enjoy the turn based combat. I have paid for the 30 day gem drop two weeks ago, as it seemed really good value compared to the other gem offers, but I haven't yet needed to use any. The free gem drops have been sufficient so far, though I can see me using those bought gems as I progress.
    For a FTP online game, which I would normally run miles away from, I am really enjoying it.