Universal Warlords of Aternum (by InnoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Aug 15, 2016.

1. brando

brando Member

May 8, 2012
    Anyone having an issue with the game where it crashes repeatedly after the title screen? So frustrating, so I had no choice but to delete it. It's a shame because I am really digging the art style and I love strategy games. Hopefully the developers will have a fix for this soon.

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Perfectly stable here. Aside from the standard reboot and close app suggestions, I would post your device type and iOS version.

3. kmb08753

kmb08753 Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Quick battles, hero upgrades, not too bad on iap. It's a good game... But I've hit a wall. After a day of play Ive hit a point that all the available battles are too high level for my characters.
    Ive cleared many pvp maps, the brigend island is open and the second boss is open to attack. My characters are all 11ish, rank 3-5, except one that's around 16. However, the boss one hits all my heroes, the brigands whoop me, the two other map sections open are 3v5 level 16ish characters and 3v3 32s!
    These missions are blocking m from opening other areas and you can't replay areas to level up. I'm a bit stuck atm.

4. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm not quite there (haven't beat second boss yet) but 3v5 16s doesn't sound so terrible. I've gone back and beaten the first boss two more times. Got a bronze on bandits level 1.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm on the second boss now too and he one hits all but one of my units. I'm thinking the trick is to kill all of his allies then have that unit that can take a few hits on a town block....probably will lose though.

I don't want to spend all of my gold upgrading my current heroes ect because there are better ones to unlock later, although I'm starting to think I won't get that far.

Worried about what I'll do though with missions drying out, ones I can do at least.

6. brando

brando Member

May 8, 2012
    It's an iPad 3rd generation and running iOS 9.3.5. I've deleted the App and reinstalled it a couple times now and same result.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Works perfectly fine for me too, seems like your the only one with it for some reason but 3rd gen is getting old now.

8. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    That's a f2p done right. Good game, really good game. The improvements of troops are still regular for me, I've got everyone except mage at one star, between 16 and 22 guys per unit, and nearly after each battle I gain something that improves my army. Mechanics are nice, bought the 3€ iap to have 100 diamonds a day. If the game continues like that for a while, colour me impressed.
    I don't know if iCloud is included, but doesn't work with me, ios 10 on both devices.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I keep wondering if I should use all my upgrades or save them for when I unlock different armies, although it seems it'll take a little while to unlock them.

10. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I don't know how much better the later ones are. On the other hand, it takes making progress (or lots of gems) to unlock them, and if you are doing it the long way, I suspect you need all the help you can get to get them unlocked

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh I've started spending some on upgrades now although don't want to use the forge too much on common gear. I guess the later units only seem to differ in visual appearance and some in abilities so it depends on which tactical style suits you.

But as you said I'm going to need to spend to get there, I still can't beat that second boss but doing the new pvp season and playing missions still.

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Pretty good game so far, I like it.

@everyone having problems with the second boss:
    Takes a while till you get there, two days of playing several hours each for me. When the number of skulls showing the difficulty went down from 3 to 2 for him, I beat him soundly.
    I still don't have a sixth unit. After getting the Mages as 5th, it's empty land for a good while. Still didn't find the King's Guards, for example.
    So, spend you gold on upgrades. You get more than enough, and it's worth upgrading what seem to be your core units for quite some time.

In general:
    - Keep opening up areas, to get more fights.
    - Upgrade equipment, but choose wisely. E.g. I prefer the lower-grade weapon with 30% critical hit chance but lower damage over the one with 10% crit and high damage, as the latter triggers less often.
    - Upgrade units: focus on getting rows filled, instead of spreading the upgrades around. Plan a bit who gets upgrades.
    - Ships and Merchant: Both a good source of stuff, and gold sinks ;) I found it worth it to buy the Mechant empty every time; but only Gold items, nothing that costs Crystals. Same for the free ship. I usually spend the 675 Gold to get one 5-pack everytime a new ship comes around.

13. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    @Nullzone second boss is definitely beatable at 3 skulls. I had a 9k mythical item at the merchant, lol.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #34 ste86uk, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Thanks for the posts, I had a 9k item too but needed high stars to use it just like a blue item currently there too but I also buy him out of items for gold also. Although at the moment just normally priced things not those that are really expensive.

I'll wait to see if that second boss drops to 2 stars at some point then. I keep playing but lately it seems to be my mages getting slaughtered they are so weak currently and then I have to wait nearly 20 minutes.

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @misguided: Good job ;) I didn't try again at 3 skulls. Just kept upgrading my units - all the other stages available kept me busy enough. And at some point difficulty dropped.

@ste: Mages are glasscannons. They keep dying really easily, so you need to pay attention to where you place them, i.e. always out of range of enemy Archers. I lose my Mages most of the time I expose them, too. So I tend to keep them hanging back until I can kill any Archers, or a really good opportunity comes up.

16. Sanderok

Sanderok Member

Oct 2, 2016
    Nice game. 5/5. Love it.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    My mages seem really weak even in attack but maybe they just haven't been upgraded enough yet and that's why they are pretty poor.

Starting to not have many stages left now most the ones I do have the ones I'm fighting are 25-30odd and I like to get crushing victories.

18. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Manage to beat the 2nd boss at 3skulls (could've beaten him at 4skulls but the second time around it went down to 3), if you really need advice just fireblock the middle access road while sniping everyone else but with a priority on mage/archer on boss. When he gets near the swamp (while middle is blocked) you can swap him into swap or knock him back into swamp w good troop placement and focus fire.

If you run out of things to do just wait or keep exploring. I kept upgrading my troops btw, with the assumption 100-200 gold isn't a big deal, I'm guessing the higher levels require like 10k or something, so just stop the urge to horde and let it go ^_^.

My mages died ALL the time until I started to keep them faaar back or keep them in the forest at all times and only getting them out for finishing kills. Mages help heaps to get crushing victories as well.

Regarding upgrading, make sure you save your upgrades until you can fill a line for the bonus, and choose which troops you like to receive that upgrade as it's rather difficult to upgrade all of them. Also don't forget to have a look at future upgrades as a rare item could be used for a better line in the future.

Loving this game, I love tbs games like hunters and this is a great example of well done f2p and in bite size! It might be easy at the beginning but in the later stages things do get pretty hard as you're constantly battling higher leveled teams.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    He dropped to two stars and I beat him pretty easily, anybody using that lighting sword? Seems like it'll be worse than having the crit chance unless you can bunch the enemy together?

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    re Lightning Sword

I've seen quite a few folks in PvP use it.
    While it gives reliable extra damage for every hit, I find at least the starting damage spread too large: 7-70 or so damage. When you get the upper end of the range, it's good; lower end...not so much. And I don't want to waste Gold on upgrading it only to find out it wasn't worth it - it's rather expensive.
    The +30% Critchance weapons seem to be the best currently. I think I'll phase those out when the crit damage is less than 10% (or even 5%) of my regular damage. When they aren't worth it anymore, basically.