Universal Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower (by Perchang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 3, 2020.

1. davegobe

davegobe Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Chemist
    Cleveland, OH
    I'd personally recommend waiting to summon at least one or two epic champions if you can and plan to play the game for more than a few days.

yury1975 likes this.
  2. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    This looked like an interesting thread to read because I saw some posts about this game on reddit, and as a big fan of Hunters and much less of a fan of WQ2, was absolutely devastated by how much I disliked this app. But after 3 pages (mostly due to the ridiculous staff-made posts), man am I glad I don’t rely on this site anymore.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Are we supposed to… mourn your loss or something? I guess I don't understand the reason you posted in this thread in the first place. You're like those people who super loudly and publicly unfollow someone on social media, like you have to make SURE that person knows they are not important to you AT ALL, except enough so to bother posting about how unimportant you think they are.

LiQuiD, BlueTrin, Ringerill and 7 others like this.
  4. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Oof... saved up for four rare summons:

1 4star Questor
    1 4star Darkoath Archer
    1 3star Darkoath Archer
    1 3star Chieftain

so basically 1000 summons stones and 3 are dupe classes :( gacha... gotta love it.

5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Just curious, but how many classes are there?

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    “But you’ve got to remember, our gouging gacha is different from other gouging gacha because we are special.”

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Perhaps it’s an artefact of the App Store, but I can’t see it anywhere within the top 200 free strategy games (where it was ranked until a while back).

If this is accurate (there’s no ranking on the app’s page) despite front game page listing that is a swingeing criticism and a half of some gopping gameplay decisions.

8. AirBear131

AirBear131 New Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Does this game not work on iPhone? In fact, does any Warhammer Quest game work on iPhone?

I purchased WHQ2 with my iPhone XR and when I open it, I only see a white screen with the loading wheel in the center. I’ve left it for 10+ min and nothing changed

I then downloaded WHQ Silver Tower and when I open that, all I see is the initial screen with the game title + copyright information. Same story - I left it for 10+ min thinking it was a long initial load and nothing changed or loaded.

For an iPhone that’s only 1 generation behind, I feel like the games should be running perfectly for me. Are these compatible with iPhone XR or does anyone have a fix for this? I have already shut down/turned on my phone, uninstalled/reinstalled both games.

9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I don’t know about WHQ2, because I am a lazy guy to download 2.3GB again just for checking, but at the least Silver Tower ran just fine on my iPhone 8 with iOS 14, a device that is even older than yours.

Do you happen to have a security or ad block software that uses VPN installed?
    I had an issue with other games before that the VPN function that was used in the Adblock app I am using.

If so, try disabling the app and see if it fixes the problem.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I had space so I reinstalled WHQ2 onto my iPhone 8+ and it works fine.
    I then installed Silver Tower and it also worked.

Perhaps a problem related only to the XR?
    Try contacting Perchang;
    [email protected]

11. OtterKen

OtterKen New Member

Oct 24, 2020
    Not a fan of the first one, but interested to know more about the silver tower lore

12. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    So it looks like the updates keep coming and more content is being added, but is there anyone here who has kept up with the game and can comment on if anything has been done to turn it into more of a strategy game and less of a slot machine? I REALLY want to like it, but am not interested in diving in again if nothing was done about the repetitive stages, constant ads (that can't be disabled) and predatory pricing.

Anyone have good stories to share?

13. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Hi everyone. Long time, no see. Hope everyone's doing ok with the whole pandemic situation.

Wanted to give you all an update with Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower. We've been busy working away on it since it launched over a year ago. It was our first free-to-play game, and lets say... quite the learning experience!

Thanks to lots of kind (and possibly not-so-kind) feedback, we've made loads of changes to game systems since launch to make the whole experience better. Major ones include, re-doing the difficulty for the campaign and daily quests, and completely revamping the weapon level system. Also, adding story cutscenes for the campaign was a big one.

We've added in new game modes, and a weekly challenge. Plus a new campaign (Hammerhal), loads of new champions, weapons, boons, and all sorts of things.

On the 2022 roadmap, we'll be re-evaluating the gatcha system to make dupes less common, and introducing a pity system for unlucky summoners.

Plus something that I really can't talk about, but is very exciting!!

We've just released a new update featuring the Witch Hunter as a new champion, and in a few weeks we'll be releasing a totally new tutorial opening section.

Anyway, I'll try to be around here more if you have any questions. Or you can find me on our Discord over on this link:
    https://discord.gg/v33SyxT

Thanks, and take care,

- Ben

WitchHunter_01.jpg

14. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Cool, glad to see you’re still working away at the game! I gotta say, Hunters, WHQ1 and Deathwatch remain some of my favorite games, and I had high hopes for this one. I’ll give it a re-download for another shot. Hoping for some good strategy and hero customisation without the slot machine feeling. Fingers crossed!

Pagan Fox and houseofg like this.
  15. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    @subgenius Great! I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Good and bad!

16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Wish Deathwatch could get updated for newer phones.

17. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Wow! I’m in!