Universal Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower (by Perchang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 3, 2020.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’ve got enough games to play that are more fun including other freemium games so it’s been deleted from my device now.

2. Winko

Winko Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Hi all.
    Wanted to post my view on this game. I have played both warhammer quests, hunters and deathwatch (which I loved the most) and I have played all these to death.
    As a fan of all these games I wanted to offer my support for perchang. Though not as in depth as those titles I am still loving the game and daily quests. Great in short bursts.
    I don’t mind f2p games as I play and enjoy Langrisser and fe heroes.
    However I was wondering is there any way to twist the camera round and also can we change the heroes names as per all the other games. Also looking forward to see where the game goes with future updates. I think slightly easier ways to gain summon currency would go along way to improve the game (especially if more heroes are to be released) . All in all though I’m currently enjoying this.

3. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Well, I was attempting at least to be balanced. After playing more yesterday though it became clear that winning/losing is only about getting crits and lock of deathblows. Like I said, maybe there’s more to it later, but I’m not going to grind my way there with the brutal monetization they have in place.

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    “I totally get that you are sick of the countless gouging f2p titles that claim that they’re going to do something different and highlight that they have ‘lots of free content,’ however we have made a gouging f2p title that really is different and which has ‘lots of free content.’”

I literally bought a new handset to get access to whq2. I loved whq that much, and the specs requirements of 2 were pretty groundbreaking.

This shite? Straight in the bin. I can’t even. @Ringerill nails it.

Ringerill and Alex DeLargest like this.
  5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well for what its worth I kind of like it so far... I mean would I like it more if it was premium and such of course but its a pretty cool game. Don't try and sit there playing all day but hop in and out while having your morning coffee instead.

6. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Loved WQ1 and bought everything else the devs put out to support them. I enjoyed their other titles, perhaps not as much as WQ1, but ST is the first one I’ve found to be flat out dull. My main non-freemium issues:

1. Every hero (that I’ve seen) has the same amount of action points, making their turns feel a bit same-y. Would be more interesting if tankier characters had less actions but hit harder and faster characters had more but hit lighter.
    2. Summoning is so valuable at drawing enemies out and delaying that it doesn’t allow for many other strategies.
    3. Range over-watch really reduces the value of melee. Enemies often hide out of range, so instead of an exciting fantasy battle, fights devolve into bait and wait.
    4. I actually appreciate short quests, but it would be nice to have some longer ones too, and perhaps more variety. Also several times I’ve had the end turn button disappear and there is nothing you can do but close the game and start over.
    5. I really don’t feel like I’m working towards anything. Grinding is so slow and loot is just generally uninteresting with few exceptions. Maybe throw summoning shards into chests too? Something to make me want to grind.

I realize this will never be WQ1, but I do hope it can see some improvements to be more in line with the quality the developers have shown us in the past.

7. Maelwolf

Mar 18, 2016
    #67 Maelwolf, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Yikes, now the game is bugging out during enemy turns too, occasionally freezing up when an enemy enters over-watch range. The game needs a better save system so I can at least reload a turn or two back rather than have to redo the same stage half a dozen times just to get through without it glitching.

Also about 2-3 times now I’ve seen enemies enter and occupy the same space.

8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Tzeentch “Everything is according to my plans, or may not!”

9. Maelwolf

Mar 18, 2016
    Well, had to quit a quest line as the stage just kept glitching right at the end.

Another issue I noted: if I have a melee unit next to an enemy that can counter attack, and I shoot the enemy unit with a separate ranged unit, it will actually trigger a counter attack on my melee unit...

Melee seems to have really been shafted in this game. Enemy units generally don’t move up but rather just keep hiding, this means you need to make your melee units vulnerable to attack to have a chance to participate. Heck, I drew a 5 star Wardancer unit, his special is to teleport, but his special uses up an action, so if he teleports next to an enemy, he only has a single attack remaining. Melee units seem to die as quickly as ranged units, and you never want to end a turn beside an enemy, so basically my melee guys spend most games hiding around corners or by spawn points hoping for some easy hits. Maybe for melee units they should have 3 actions or one free move action, or ranged shouldn’t be able to move and shoot. Currently I have 2 ranged units I always use, one can summon pets, and these 2 win every game just baiting and getting free attacks. Meanwhile when I try to use melee units they generally die or take so much damage going out they have to hide for the rest of the map.

10. Kaai

Kaai New Member

Dec 1, 2012
    #70 Kaai, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Pay attention, if you play on multiple devices with enabled Game Center. Today, I lost my in-app purchase, pulled champion and some progress. I guess save was overwritten from one of my device with previous progress. I played many games, but first time encountered such issue. This is unacceptable, especially in gacha game, when you could lost your in-app purchases and pulled heroes.
    UPDATE. I contacted devs and they said that knew about such issue, it will be fixed in the future, also they compensated my losses. At least, they have good customer support.

11. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    If that is the case, you should contact Apple support. At the least your IAP can be refunded.

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ahhhh, all these posts have reminded me that WHQ2 had game breaking bugs and a strong tendency towards gouging / borked IAPs for *an age* after it started up.

In fact that - persistent game breaking crashes and gouging failed IAPs - were, i suspect, part of the reason that I could never get that into it. Because it was so much blander than 1, and utterly broken constantly.

At least this suggests a consistent direction in development.

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Solidly charting at 51 in UK strategy subsection of the App Store, just after “weed factory idle” and “will it crush idle player.”

14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Actually, I played WHQ2 with all the IAP characters earlier this year on iPhone 8 without a problem. You might want to check if the game still crashes.

Quoad likes this.
  15. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I’m sure it doesn’t. It was the early frustrations - repeated game freezes and game breaking bugs, including with IAPs - that put me off.

If the first days / weeks with a game are raddled with failures, forced restarts, and mandatory new save games (to avoid bugs or because IAPs don’t work if you don’t) then, I’ve got to say, I don’t have much chance of getting into it after that.

Why take a sixth bite of a shit sandwich? I did play it a fair bit more in the end; but only after a year or so, to let the disappointment ease!

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  16. Maelwolf

Mar 18, 2016
    All the bugs and issues I and others noted are annoying, but what really killed this game for me was the enemy spawners. You can’t destroy them, and they don’t stop pumping out enemies. I suppose they are meant to force you to hurry through stages, but considering enemies often hide, it generally makes it so the best strategy is to dump a summon as bait and just run to the end points. Kind of takes the fun out of strategic combat.

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    What continues to amaze me is that we got a game as rich, deep and balls-out high quality out of the shitheap that has become Perchang. Hunters, Hunters 2, WHQ.... then pffffwwweooooooo.

Gameloft did similar, I suppose. Was a time when you could say gameloft titles were “instabuy,” because they could actually be bought.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Oh how I wish they’d revive some of those old Gameloft games with modern device support, etc. The early Dungeon Hunter games in particular were great.

Ringerill and Quoad like this.
  19. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Using 3 ranged units currently. Doing well in most maps with their reflex shots and long range shots.

20. yury1975

yury1975 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Do you usually summon epic champions (250 stones) or ordinary (100 stones)?