Universal Warhammer Quest - (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Already got the deathwing and tyranids addons. :D, just haven't picked up the space marine pk1 and mission pk yet.

Only 5 1/2 hours to go :eek:

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #142 undeadcow, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    Here is a brief rundown of the IAP classes from online descriptions of the board game:

High Elf Archmage / Erzmagier
    [​IMG]
    "The Archmage is the high elf healer class. They are masters of all the winds of magic and can deprive the adversary of energy - this is then used to heal.
    An Archmage is both offensively and defensively, a powerful wizard. However, it must be ensured that the manipulated by forces him to stay in balance. If the Archmage only weaves powerful healing or destructive spells, he is tired and no longer be able to support allies in emergencies. If the Archmage sent using his power but at critical points, he can create a reserve of magical energy, with which he can support his allies even where normal magic would be exhausted long ago. "
    From http://www.warwiki.de/wiki/Erzmagier (translated)

Trollslayer
    [​IMG]
    "Wielding a huge axe, Trollslayers seek heroic death in battle by attacking the largest, most savage monsters in the dungeon. Like all Dwarfs, Trollslayers have a strong sense of honour, and will fulfill their quest or die in the attempt."
    From http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/43978/warhammer-quest-dwarf-trollslayer

Warrior Priest
    [​IMG]
    "Their presence at the forefront of all battle serves as a constant inspiration to the soldiers... Through their attacks, the Warrior Priest generates "Righteous Fury", called down from their God in Sigmar. This allows them to not only destroy all enemies in their path with powerful blows, but also heal their comrades as well as themselves in the thick of battle. Damage dealer and healing master, these masters of holy power never say never and will always press their enemies until the bitter end. "
    From: http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warrior_Priest

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Now THAT was what I was expecting from a Warhammer Quest thread!!!
    Glad to see other fans of the boardgame getting out their old lairs in the open sun if the Old World!!!

May Sigmar guide your blows!!!

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#144 Bronxsta, May 29, 2013
    How's iPhone 4 performance?

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So the very dude that started this question answers it for all of us with panache and pics, thanks!

6. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #146 oldgamer dude, May 29, 2013
    So cool , gotta love theTrollslayers beard. They all sound like they could be really powerful. I actually looked up some info for Warhammer lore on the Wiki and I found it pretty interesting .

7. Bronxsta

#147 Bronxsta, May 29, 2013
    Any more detailed impressions?

8. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Love the detail on the monk

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

What does this play like guys? Hunters 2 is the closest example? I will be getting it but just want to hear of other games like it.

10. Bronxsta

#150 Bronxsta, May 29, 2013
    9 hours to go

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Did you guys know that most of the names of the old world came from Germany? Also, the Old World itself has many similiarities from Germany in the dark-/middle ages.

And yes, Erzmagier is the Archmage.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I always thought some day I could get the car and after some forests and mountains I could enter Boghenafen.

;)

For being based on a dark, cruel, bloody, fantasy version of middle age Germany/north European countries, I always loved Warhammer setting as my favorite.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #153 Vovin, May 29, 2013

I am deeply in love with you, bro.

Well, to be more exact: not the whole old world, but especially the Empire is inspired by Germany and its language.
    For Germans, some names and specific terms are very funny. Other countries would wonder about Germans playing Warhammer RPG and start to giggle occassionally, but without obvious reason.

14. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    Lol , didn't northern Germany get influenced by the Norse too ? And Goths Visigoths , all bad a**es .

15. Bronxsta

#155 Bronxsta, May 29, 2013
    How's iPhone 4 performance? Any lag or downgraded visuals?
    ---
    Not sure if this has been asked already, but are you totally passive during the enemy's turn?

Or can you have your warriors to guard or protect himself, make your mage lay down traps, set your archers to overwatch, etc.?

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Those guys are so metal \m/

17. Bronxsta

Hey, any more impressions?

18. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    The font size is really really small.

19. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    I was afraid of that , it's readable I hope .

20. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    I know there have been lots of repeated questions, so apologies for another, but I just went through 16 pages and didn't see an exact answer: what's the installed file size?

Also, omgomgomgomgomgomg nearing 8 hours! so much want.