Universal Warhammer Quest - (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    If someone, after some time with the game just to have your feet wet, wants to taste how was the boardgame and some real challenge....just try the hardcore mode.

Try to finish the campaigns with that!
    AH!

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Bear in mind that this is an adaptation of an actual dungeon-crawler boardgame, not an RPG, so you shouldn't expect too much in the way of character skills and abilities.

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#83 Bronxsta, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    13 hours to go in the US
    I was on the fence between buying this or saving for upcoming games, but all the impressions and info has sold me

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While lack of meta stas might be a bit annoying, that desciption of hardcore mode is enough to make the sale for me. I love REAL CONSEQUENCES to my failed attampts. :)

5. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Cool, it's out in my local app store! Downloading now

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yeah.
    You never choose the skill to pick up next level too, it's random (as in the boardgame).
    Skill, active or passive abilities, spells...
    So two playthrough with same character can be different.

While it can be very RPG-ish, it's NOT an RPG.

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

@echoseven:

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Be sure to secure your iOS device to something before playing.

Sometimes I just wanted to throw my iPad away when I was ambushed and insta killed by some Orcs because I was without healing means and I just 'tried the luck'.

Sometimes I just hover my finger over the screen for minutes in fear of the consequences :D

9. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    #89 soldat7, May 29, 2013
    You want a lengthy, beautiful game chalk full of content, graphics, and sound? Then ya gotta pay the space price. Complaining about iap is one thing (if done poorly), but file size? smh

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    If you were to buy the IAP characters in real life as miniatures for the boardgame, they would set you back around $15 per character plus then you would probably want to paint them. The boardgame itself would set you back several hundred dollars.

Anyway, on topic I can't wait to grab this at 11, looks like this is all I'm buying tonight but I am also buying all the IAP.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Uh... it's an example as to how much change i was expecting off the different characters, buit i guess i used the wrong examples.

I was also more interested in the character balance which was already answered, so i am throwing my $20 into this :D

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #92 undeadcow, May 29, 2013
    That makes sense, thank you. I'll probably spring for the IAP characters but do agree $3 per character seems a tad steep versus initial cost of game, expansion cost, and typical iOS character unlock costs .(i.e. 100 Rogues and Dungeon Plunder have $0.99 character unlocks). However, all together this seems like a steal if Warhammer Quest delivers on being deep and full of content).
    That's an interesting point about the relationship between real world physical media and it's digital counterpart.
    +1

13. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Guys do you think they'll eventually make it work with IOS 5?

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'm fine with people throwing money at Rodeo, because I love the game and I think they deserve it...
    Be sure to get what you think you will use...they do not level up togheter.
    So if you change mind at level 5, be warned you will have 1 character at level one that you will have to protect and cuddle like a child :D

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm not into any particular genre per se, but I can tell you my favorites would not have the word "strategy" in them for sure. :p I also am clueless to all things Warhammer related. >_> I'm all for trying new things out though and the setting certainly is appealing. I guess it's not so much if I'd like it, but more of "hey, I'm a n00b...can I play and get it?"

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
  17. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    What would be their motivation? Do older devices not run 6?

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Well...I'm pretty a hardcore TBS and Warhammer fan, so I'm not the best people to ask.
    I think it's a VERY accessible game but I can't really say for sure being already experienced in them.
    I'm sure tonight reviews will flow tough.

19. akimyst

akimyst Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Is it exactly like hunters but Warhammer world?

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I understand that Apple's compiler no longer supports older iOS editions and hardware; which is kind of a sham because it compells supports to upgrade to the latest version. It may not be up to the developers although some have found a workaround.