Universal Warhammer Quest - (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    A little help please guys? I purchased the two region packs. Do i have to start a new adventure for them to unlock? Or they are applied mid-game? I already played 6 hours and do not want to lose my progress :(

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #4042 sobriquet, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    They expansion packs should just open up more of the over world map. It shouldn't effect your game save at all. I believe you have to unlock them by playing and eventually you will hear about a job or be sent by someone to a location on the on a new map. The difficulty ramps up in both expansions so you have to level up appropriately. I suggest holding off on the vampire add on unless you also get the monster hunter character. I can't remember what he is called but he has a flint lock pistol and he's the only character designed specifically to fight the vampires. Wooden stakes, bullets that cause fire damage, spells that cause extra damage to undead, etc.

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!!!!!! Very helpful answer :)

4. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Went to check the AppStore info and saw I purchased this. It must have been around the time it first came out, looooonnnnggg time ago. I don't remember anything about it and I'm sure I didn't beat it, can anyone explain the iaps? Or at least the important ones? Like the most recommended to buy if I were to.

5. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    @pitta is the fountain of all knowledge for this one so hopefully he will chime in. Version 2 (new app) scheduled for release in 1 month though :)

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just start playing the base game, which covers the very first region and the 1 chapter of the long main quest (it has its own ending anyway).
    If you like what you see, you will want to buy the 2 expansions which add a whole new region each and continue the main story till a great big ending.
    To add variety to white dungeons, you could buy Vampires, skeletons and undead (each adds new enemies and tile sets).
    That is the whole package.

You can additionally buy new characters and that makes sense only if you want to play with them (no reason to buy the Ogre if you don’t plan to use it as a character).
    The base game has the Marauder, the Iron Dwarf, The Waywatcher Elf and the Gray Wizard.
    Forget about the rest, unless you really want a special weapon (you will find better ones in the game anyway).

Be sure to play hardcore (permadeath), true to its boardgame heritage and for super thrilling and deep gameplay (you can’t really appreciate all the nuances and skills in normal imho)
    The whole game (start to finish last final quests in Averland) takes around 50 hours to complete, but I had runs around 80hours, while my fastest was 34 if I recall well (there is a ton of content anyway).
    34 hours speedrunning the game in hardcore knowing everything about it (but I had hundreds of hours in the game already).
    The new Warhammer Quest End of Times is out next month and looks glorious (but this one is imho still an awesome game).

Hope it helps!!!

7. robcaduk

robcaduk Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Revised price on the first game.

Is there any chance all the add ons for the first game will go cheaper now the second game is out?

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Wouldn't hold your breath. The two games are not by the same dev/publisher as far as I know.

9. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    The name of the company is different, but they are by and large the same team. Having said that, I’m not sure they will go on sale, I don’t believe the IAPs have been on sale often if at all.

10. abazigal

abazigal Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2013
    I recently got back into the game, and I find myself being completely overwhelmed by the undead region patch. Is there any way to remove in app purchases after they have been purchased? Or switch them off so they don’t apply? Being completely overwhelmed by zombies and necromancers here.

11. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Sorry for reviving a many year old topic but I just redownloaded this game in the hopes of replaying it but this game no longer runs on my iphone 11. It crashes at the title screen. anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it?

12. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #4052 Son of Anarchy, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    I used to really love this game so I thought I’d have a go at getting it running as well. But unfortunately I had the same experience as yourself (except I tried on a new iPad). I thought everything was going great till I tried restoring purchases, then it crashed. Now it crashes immediately everytime.

There’s a few games I’ve tried now that don’t work on iOS 13, Aralon: Forge and Flame was the last broken game I found. It’s sad but it’s also a typical problem within iOS gaming these days. The gaming history of the AppStore is destined to be forgotten, countless hours of developers hard work and creativity, gone... just like that.

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #4053 Talbs, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Chiming in. Full Disclaimer: Not exactly a fan of this game anyway.

So I thought it was strange to see you guys suddenly having issues, because it’s not like it’s the 32 but apocalypse or something. Im on iOS 12.4.1 still and haven’t played the game in a few months, maybe more. Basically because I think it’s just an effortless grind. Pretty sure I posted here about that. So let’s not go in to that.

Anyway, I was curious, especially since I wouldn’t have thought an iOS update would affect this game anymore. So I loaded up the game. And sure enough my progress is gone.

Good bye. Ain’t no way am I giving this lame ‘RPG tactical game’ (btw it’s totally not), a second go.

(Sorry to those that genuinely want to play, but fwiw this is confirmation there has been some strange issue and it seems to come out of the iOS updates more so than any game update which I don’t even think there were any).

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    And that is why I recommend people should always treat iOS games as temporary games.
    We all know that any iOS update, even if it is just an incremental one, can totally break a game.
    It is one of the reasons I don’t mind subscription models such as Apple Arcade for my iPad games. You can never really expect to own a iOS game forever.

In regards to Warhammer Quest. I just tried it on my big iPad Pro 3rd Gen running iPadOS 13.1.2. and it plays fine. Though I don’t dare to touch that Restore Purchases button just in case. Luckily I already have my purchases working in my current game.

And I also tried Aralon: Forge and Flame and it’s also working fine?! o_O

15. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I definitely see all your points about the game and they are all correct. When it first came out I went hard and bought all the iap, which meant I was going to play the thing till the end whether I liked it or not. I learnt to love the grind and in the end I enjoyed my time with it. Not so much the second one. Either way, we’re all different and we can’t all like every game that comes out.

I wasn’t interested in iOS 13, but I had a couple of PS4 controllers laying about that I used for Steam, so in the end that’s what swayed me to update, not Apple Arcade. I’ll throw my iPad in the bin before I try that. I tried the iOS beta first and to be honest, I really liked it. I never, ever thought I’d be using a controller to play iPad games because that’s just silly, but you know what? It works amazingly and suddenly all the games I never played because of terrible controls became new again, like all the LEGO or GTA games, & the many Duel Stick Shooters for a start.

I’m rambling on here so I’ll finish. I have noticed at least 10-15 games that don’t work on iOS 13 so far. I keep meaning to put them on a list. I assume it’s the OS. Others are slow to load or have weird stutters that weren’t there previously.

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Oooo, that sounds just like my career!

#academicresearcher

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Just to add to the data, the game is loading fine for me (progress intact) on my X running 13.2 beta.

18. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I see houseofg (above) doesn’t have any problems with WHQ also, wonder why it works for some and not others? I’d experiment more but I can’t realistically see myself playing it again anyway. And I apologise, it wasn’t Aralon I had a problem with, it was Ravensword: Shadowlands. For me it loads to the menu and then the screen is totally unresponsive from there.

19. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Something else is happening your end. I just fired up Ravensword: Shadowlands on my iPad Pro and all is working fine.

20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Haha.
    I just put some spare funds into my AppStore account (must have had a major brain fart) and figured I might gift some early Xmas pressies to myself.
    Checked if any old games I liked had some iaps that I wanted.
    So I started this game up and casually tapped on the restore purchases button to make sure my past purchases were up to date.
    I had completely forgot about this thread and the problem with restoring purchases.
    Yep, game is now totally broken and crashes as soon as I open it. :mad:

At least my Steam version will always work. :cool: