Universal Warhammer Quest - (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I see! I googled "crowntakers", but only saw steam mentioned on the first page. I assumed it wasn't on iOS, since usually the AppStore link is one of the top results.

I'll have to search through the comments on steam. Lack of touch screen support isn't a deal breaker, but playing with the keyboard attached is much less convenient.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.

2. lanedaughtry

lanedaughtry Member
    Patreon Indie

Aug 3, 2013
    Professional Developer
    Seattle, WA
    More Please

I'm sure this is futile as it's sat for a while and GW seems content to put out other games. But I would love to see more content for this silly game. It's my constant return to addiction. I have an ABSURD amount of hours logged. I want more stuff :)

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    With all due respect, you're aware that Warhammer Deathwatch just came out?

4. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    So what? I'd still snap up more WQ content if it came out. The two games are pretty different, and honestly, I think WQ is overall a better game. However, the reality is that WQ was abandoned when it was at the height of popularity, it seems unlikely they will return to it now.

5. Dongmaster

Dongmaster Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Love both WQ and DW, but have you seen a game under development called Quest Heroes?

I pray they do get it released because it looks absolutely awesome.

http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/19/quest-heroes-promises-dungeon-crawling-with-board-game-authenticity/

6. jamesp111

jamesp111 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2015
    What is the reason for this not being developed any more?

With 400 pages of posts, I assume it must have sold well and the DLC rounds out the game, yet it looks like they decided to not release the undead campaign and just release some of it's components.

Was it just due to moving onto develop Deathwatch, or did the DLC not sell well?

7. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Hope they'll come up with a second part and this time - just like DW- with iso view and not generic/random levels (that looked more of the size of my cellar than a dungeon).I was bored after a short while,still liking the hunter games more.And absolutely loving DW right now.Speaking just for me,i prefer they would focus on add ons for DW for a looooong time now ;)

8. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Abandoned at the height of its popularity. This is so true, and it always boggles my mind. It felt like they were on the verge of developing more content and then they just stopped abruptly. I wish they would at least update the item list periodically.

As an aside, I thought WQ was much better than DW. I hate the pace of DW and the lack of random levels totally killed it for me. I love 40K to death, but DW just didn't do anything for me.

9. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    WHQ had poor sales, so they had to cut it.

10. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I don't know about that, generally multiple expansions don't get released for games with poor sales. It seems more likely that Rodeo had a push to use the 40K license, and not enough staff to work on two games.

11. nexusphere

nexusphere Member

Dec 27, 2013
    It's in the top 150 strategy apps of all time, and it sold at least 250,000 copies.

I wish with all my secret heart that they release more content for the game.

12. killa1500

killa1500 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    The only platform WQ was poorly sold on was PC. It was very well received on ios

13. killa1500

killa1500 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Shame

It seems the WHQ is abandoned completely. Such a shame. WHQ was WAY better than Deathwatch ( at least you knew what you were buying with DLC in WHQ) and the big chunk of content for WHQ is nowhere to be seen. Moreover, new updates for Deathwatch doesn't arrive too. Total dissapointment with the developer

14. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    !!!

All my saves are gone...

15. inuse78

inuse78 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Any idea if the iap/ expansions for Warhammrr quest will become free?

16. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Any tips to handle necromancers? They're way too OP...

17. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Entire party (all level 8s) just got webbed to death. Met 10 spiders and one river troll, all got webbed every single turn and nothing I could do about it. Watching them die one by one completely helpless was horrible. Was hoping for some luck where I could keep my grey wizard and revive the other members but nope, it's just web after web after web.

18. iammike

iammike Active Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Middle of Vermont
    Crashes crashes crashes

Poor game hits crashes that you can't get past. A shame, it's a lot of fun, but not when you have to lose your progress every two hours.

19. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-FI/Warhammer-Quest-Silver-Tower

Meenwhile there is new tabletop Warhammer Quest. That would be a nice addition.

20. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Just a heads up, I'm playing this on a 6S+ running the new iOS 10 public beta and everything works fine, it just runs at double speed. Movement / battle in the dungeon and travel on the world map seem to be doubled. Actually makes combat better as I don't have to keep hitting the fast forward button.