Universal Warhammer Quest - (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Read in the upcoming thread that this was about 800 MB installed, wish they had made the initial file size smaller like 400 so I wouldn't have to free up 1.5 gigs. Oh well, now it's decisions for deletion time.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    In NZD

Warrior Packs

Erzmagier $4.19
    Trollslayer $4.19
    Warrior Priest $4.19

Region & enemy Packs

La Amenaza Oculta $6.49

Purchasable Gold

4,000 Gold $4.19
    18,000 Gold $13.99
    60,000 Gold $38.99

More IAP laden then I would have thought, not having played I don't know if it's a worry or not.

Installed size is 792MB

3. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Thanks. Watched about 2/3 of the 1st one and decided I'd wait and not spoil anymore. Love the look, feel and sound of it :)

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Filesize:

785.4 MB

5. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    For US folk, that's $3 for each character and $5 for the expansion.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Before people start complaining about DLC prices (and they will), consider this. You're getting a 25-30 hours of quality game for only 4.99. Many full price retail games don't have that much content. That $5 Skaven pack? That would probably be 10 or 15 on consoles.

So it's all relative. This isn't some casual IOS game with 0.99 level packs. This is bascially a full fledged hardcore game for $5, that if it was on consoles or PC would probably be $20-$60.

Those DLC prices are a steal

7. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Paying that much for extra hours content is fine, paying it again for each new character seems expensive.

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Could you provide any game impressions?

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow, just finished downloading. I'll let you know.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I hope game balance isn't affected too much by the presence of consumable IAPs. I was really hoping this would be an instabuy premium title, but I eagerly await impressions from people once they have spent enough time with it to know.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'll let you know, but all the hunters games had it and they were perfectly balanced, just really hardcore.

12. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    From everything Pitta said (and he said alot) in the upcoming thread the balance is ace and the hardcore mode is tough as nails. Purchasable gold always gets my back but from what I can tell its not needed and if anything probably detracts from the experience

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #34 Pitta, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    EDIT: I have no clue why this post was warped in another thread.

For what is worth, I've completed the game plus expansion and I'm sitting on a huge pile of gold.
    To be honest I'm not even sure who would even think of buying iap gold.
    Expecially in the beginning, you are a poor adventurer and being low on money adds a lot to strategy (will I buy that cool sword or that health potion?).

As for content, the core game is about 15 hours (technically it's infinite, I'm just talking about running through the main quest fast...and according to the beta I'm a good player because I would have increased difficulty while other asked for decreasing it....so 15-20 is IHMO realistic if you wander about a bit).

This is on normal.
    On hardcore it could take you YEARS to see the last black dungeon.

The expansion adds around the same content of the core game...maybe a bit more (and it's super cool IMHO, Expecially last two settlements).
    More because while having the same number of settlements, some dungeons are much longer.
    Plus they add many new tiles and new monsters.

I know this is the AppStore, but complaining about iaps/dlc before even having tried the game is a bit...disconcerting...
    Do you like it and feel content is enough to warrant your money? You buy.
    You don't like it? Well ok, spend elsewhere.
    But, at the very least, try the game first!!!!

As for characters, they are like the miniature in the boardgame...if you like the Trollslayer or the Cleric...you will buy those no question asked IMHO..

We can argue as we want about iap, but this is a hardcore game.
    A very high quality game, with a very low intro price IMHO (I was expecting at least 10 dollars for the core game).

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Have you EVER bought a Games Workshop miniature? Haha, yes. 3-5$ per unit for the small ones.

15. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Cheers again for the info Pitta. You will be in my squad as promised :)

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Too early to say much, but I'm liking what I've played, levelling up costs coin with XP, think IAP packs are a tad expensive, not sure about putting device in portrait for inventory, UI doesn't really make use of iPad screen real estate in game (journal etc are a bit on the tiny side but no major). Look forward to giving it a bit more time tomorrow.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You played that game not even 10 minutes. Are you trolling right now because you're mad about the IAP?

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Pretty please? :) ;)

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    So 30-40 hrs with expansion?