Universal Warhammer Quest - (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    It's just that my DLC weapon isn't showing up. It's saying on the menu it's purchased but it's not in my inventory.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I had the IAP weapons in the inventory. What I don't remember is if they show with all the characters or just the ones which can carry them.

3. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Restore purchases and it'll appear in your inventory. Do it every time you die and lose the weapons.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wish there was a Warhammer Quest 2, anyone know what these devs are working on at the minute?

5. thecmancan

thecmancan Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Telecommunications
    NYC
    Quick impression of the game.

After buying the game on a whim, I haven't stopped playing this game. I have taken my phone from 100% charge to 0% 3 times playing this game.

The fun is in the challenge. Yes, I find the game pleasantly difficult enough so that decisions actually matter. I really don't like out leveling and out grinding the AI in RPG's and grind for loot that I don't care about.

This game really shines compared to games that I've played like Chaos Rings or Baldur's Gate in that:

- Each character having a unique flavor to them. Luck being a big factor in combat, blessings, long corridors hiding an army of vampires etc.

- Money is not easy to come by but every time I feel short, I usually manage to score some in the next dungeon.

- The quest is meaty and you can farm some gear to extend the playthrough. Trying out different characters is fun. Finding the right combo of characters to work as a unit is a nice meta-game in itself.

- Very simple combat system but there is depth there because planning out each turn is important if you want to survive attack of the CC'ing Spiders.

- I love the blood spatter, the Game of Thrones-esque intro animation to the towns and the spell effects are pleasant to look at.

- Nice graphics, great music, interface is fairly well made even on a iPhone screen.

Some quick issues I take with the game:

- Luck counts for a way too much in every aspect of the game. Those endless waves of mobs that just pile on really is tough to prepare for even for RPG veterans. Plus, I only know now that skills are randomly doled out to leveling characters at set intervals. I'm at level 5 with certain characters and probably should've hard reset for better skills. This was not explained well in tutorial.

- Certain spells are hard to select on the iphone screen. Picking out Shadow Bolt instead of Healing Mist is not easy for my regular sized fingers. Sometimes you deselect the character completely and have to find him, and find the spell again. This adds some frustration to the experience. Although not a deal-breaker, it certainly should be addressed.

- Leveling characters can be frustrating. Low level characters have trouble hitting high level enemies. What I end up doing is just Cyclone of Silencing the last enemy every turn hoping my Level 1 Shadow Warrior can hit it to level up. Again, not a deal breaker. However, if I'm spending good money on IAP characters, I want to be able to use it fairly quickly without having to slog through multiple dungeons dragging him along. Perhaps another IAP potion can be made to give 1 level to your newly minted Bright Wizard for 99 cents?

- IAP is pricey. If I were to purchase everything it'll be well on its way to be a full priced game in line with PSP/DS prices. I don't know if the production values and gameplay is quite up to that standard. I have no complaints otherwise since IAP is balanced as can be. I never found myself unable to heal or run a dungeon without forking over a dollar.

This game tickles my dungeon crawling, loot-mongering itch incredibly well. Without any dealbreakers and only minor annoyances, this is actually the perfect mobile RPG - easy enough to play on the go but deep enough to satisfy some hardcore fans of the genre.

I give it a 5/5 for RPG fans and 3/5 for casual gamers. Definitely would tell people to buy it and spend at least 10 bucks on IAP to get the most out of it.

Thanks for reading!

6. hourglass

hourglass Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I have four level 6 guys, and I am constantly being barraged by Orc Big Boss ambushes. Four or six of them kind of just appear every two turns, and it is starting to piss me off.

7. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Yep I hate it when I finish killing them then another ambush appears

8. thecmancan

thecmancan Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Telecommunications
    NYC
    Some dungeons are just like that. I found that if your first encounter in a dungeon throws 4 big bosses at you, then just leave and come back. Sometimes you'll get easier spawns. I may be wrong but that's the impression that I get.

Also, those annoying little "lasts 1 dungeon" debuffs will fall off if you just go into a dungeon and pop back out. So will all your blessings but at least you fixed your warrior's cracked skull.

9. thecmancan

thecmancan Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Telecommunications
    NYC
    #3969 thecmancan, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  10. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    has anyone got an idea what developers are doing now? i heard that it's gonna be another warhammer title.

11. HazeTI

HazeTI Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    The only announcement that has been made has been the news that the next title will use UE4.

12. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    It's an existing GW title apparently, and considering Rodeo's Hunters and WQ game engines, likely it will be Space Crusade.

13. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Is it just me or does the IAP bow miss a lot? I use normal bows with my waywatcher and his hit rate is a lot higher.

14. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    Anybody try this out on a 6plus? How is the text size compared to it on a 5?

15. Hajuken

Hajuken Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Behind You
    Restocking of items in the Market

I don't understand how the Market works..

Do the items there restock itself ? When I bought a Potion Of Healing, it just disappeared.. thought I could buy another but no.

16. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Travel to another town and back, the item will reappear. You can only buy one of each item at a time.

17. Hajuken

Hajuken Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Behind You
    Thanks for the tip. I am still stuck at the 1st town though.. Hopefully I can survive haha :D

18. Hajuken

Hajuken Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Behind You
    #3978 Hajuken, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    okay this is insane.. met a river Troll with 58 hp ??! when I am only level 2..

Edit: Wasn't that bad after all, the Marauder's Battle Shout helped a great deal, a "free" turn helped alot.

19. Hajuken

Hajuken Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Behind You
    #3979 Hajuken, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Sadly the ring of regeneration does not appear to stack with another one.
    Edit : It does stack, my bad.

Shadow Warrior ftw :D

20. Hajuken

Hajuken Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Behind You
    Hmm it appears that resetting of skills has a limit sometimes.

For instance, when my Bright Wizard is levelling from lv 4 to 5, he is always given either Inferno or Rise From the Ashes.. I resetted around 20+ times.