Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'll be refreshing this thread every minute until launch.

2. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm already on the same plan... lol... Cannot wait for this!

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Pretty much wetting myself w excitement here.

Not saying I've known how many hours it is til launch for the last two weeks but, well, I have known how many hours it is til launch for the past two weeks.

4. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    It'll be Thursday here in an hour. Does that mean I get this gem before you guys? I wish!

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    In a few hours many brave heroes will step on the familiar soil of the Old World once again.

Many won’t return their homes, their skulls crushed by chaos warriors maces.

May Sigmar guide their steps.

HAVE FUN GUYS!!!!!!!!

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    If you know the exact hour it will be out, share it with us!

7. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    As someone who still plays and enjoys the first Warhammer Quest I would love to hear if you beta players ever plan on revisiting that installment or if part two scratches that itch.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Part two has replaced the original WHQ in a special place in my heart.
    It scratches the same itch but mechanics are better here (IMHO), much more freedom, and technically it's a marvel.
    It's awesome looking with a TON of little details that I keep finding hours and hours later.
    And while content is already massive (equal to the original game with all expansions imho) there is plenty of room for adding things...and I know Perchang want to....so it will get better and better and even better.

Warhammer Quest: End Times is fantasy dungeon crawling at its finest imho, I'm probably not going back playing WHQ (and if you know me, you know it was my game of the forever...completed another hardcore run just months ago).

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I went back to WQ1 before the beta started, and stopped after a few minutes of playing. For the sole reason that I always found the “turn iPad to access inventory” unbearable, and my patience with such a terrible UI is down to zero these days :p
    Other than that, it’s still a really good game. But like Pitta already wrote, everything is just so much better in WQ2; so I at least will definitely stick with that.

10. dalbertson

Jan 25, 2011
    Great news, exactly what I wanted to hear!

11. dalbertson

Jan 25, 2011
    I was JUST playing WQ1 and as I rotated my phone to access my inventory I inwardly sighed...maybe for the last time.

12. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    In the first game I played missions over to level my guys up. However, when you reached their level cap I was disappointed
    that I could not do much with them other than find perhaps better items etc. Is the levelling system a bit more robust in WQ 2 ?

Sorry, I don't remember if anyone stated if this game will have iCloud save. I only have a 16 gig iPad mini 2 . Sometimes I need to take
    games off to make room to try others. But, I would want to install WQ 2 again and be able to continue where I left off.

Will it play on my system?

Thanks

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I don’t know if it will work on your iPad, but iCloud saves and sync are perfectly supported and worked flawlessly.

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Don’t know about iCloud or if it runs on a Mini2, you’ll have to wait for Ben to pop back in.
    Ah, Pitta answered the iCloud question already ;)

I didn’t hit the levelcap yet at level 13, so I don’t know yet how high you can go. It’s definitely better than in WQ1, though.
    The only downside (if they didn’t tweak the xp gains since last beta build) so far is that you can overlevel really fast and thus make it less challenging: my party was way too high level and seriously overpowered for the challenges and enemies thrown at them.
    However, I see a lot of options to restrict yourself to keep party power at a more reasonable level, and will document a playthrough with some self-imposed restrictions after launch.

Also note that I’m really good at this kind of game, and tweaked my party towards maximum destructiveness from very early on. I fully expect that less experienced players will have a harder time than I did.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sad face, got to go to hospital tonight now and might not be able to get the game when they release it they never have good internet : ( which is a shame as I'll be bored out of my mind

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Awh, best of luck! Hope all turns out well for you.

17. titivivi

titivivi Active Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Any news on how much time to wait for ??

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Sleep one more night till Santa Chlaus comes riding in on his sled drawn by demonic deer, bearing unholy gifts of the Dark Gods for all children who’ve been properly naughty? :p

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Best of luck!!!!
    Hope you will get well and back home soon!!!!

20. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    It's close now! Very very close!

@gemineye62, mini2 is the minimum spec and cloud save works across all devices automatically.

@ste86uk, really sorry to hear that buddy. Hope it's not too serious, and not too dull in hospital! The Perchang peeps send their well wishes your way.

Ok, I'll be back on when we hit the button. Just waiting on one last thing...