Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The announcement email doesn't really tell me anything I don't already know, it's more for people that haven't been following the forums.

2. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Just says it is launching iOS this Thurs and will launch with DLC right out of the gate which includes additional areas and adventures.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just wondering if Ben pops by, the release says thursday, is it going to be released with all the other apps at midnight in each country or is it going to be a manual simultaneous release?

4. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Hi everyone. Soooooo close now! Feels a bit like Christmas over here right now! The team is super excited to share the game with everyone. Ok, quick questions then...

@ste86uk, Launch day is always a funny time, you plan to do something, and inevitably those plans will change! We're currently planning to do a simultaneous launch on Thursday.

@kdawg, we're just focusing on iOS at the moment. Android news will follow at some point.

Just to alleviate your concerns about the Warriors. That's our term for the "heroes" in your party, not that they are all fighters. In the core game you get:

The Empire Captain.
    The Wood Elf Glade Guard.
    The Dark Elf Sorceress.
    The Vampire Blood Knight.

As people who've played the Beta can attest (and share their stories on Thursday), Warriors can take on a multitude of roles because of the skill, stat and item systems. This is to allow freedom to create your own parties and do whatever you like. We've had some properly crazy combinations from the Beta, and it's going to be really cool to see what other people come up with.

Other dlc Warriors further open up the mix and match system by bringing their own items. The Empire Greatsword for example has "sigils" which can increase one stat, but decrease another.

Ok, will be back online later with some more dlc news. So, fire away with any questions about what you can expect at launch. ;)

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Hi Ben, i realise this is nitpicking but i tend to do it only when i hold the game and its developers to a high standard - will there be battle animations when an attack misses? i noticed from the gameplay trailer the monster/character just stands there when there is a "miss"
    And so, when you say multiple roles, is there a possibility for a melee dagger sorceress?

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @ramza: I just checked back quickly and saw hit, miss, and death animations for the first monsters you encounter.
    But I don’t know if all enemies have miss animations. And, frankly, in over 50 hours of playing, I never missed them if they aren’t there.

Also, I think I can safely say now that yes, you can do a melee Sorceress with bladed weapons (though technically, I’d qualify the ones I saw so far specifically for her as shortswords and similar, not daggers) . But I didn’t try her in that kitout yet, so I cannot comment how good she is with it.

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yes (can’t remember if everyone but generally yes) and resounding yes.

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thank you very much awesome beta testers :)

9. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Nice!

10. Volk13

Volk13 New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2015
    Any chance the game will drop early? It looks awesome and I still play the old one on occasion.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    WOAH!!!!

I have absolutely no clue how much I played the game so far.
    Restarted 6 times from scratch and completed all campaigns once.

And yet.....I *just* found something incredibly cool I never found before.

This is really something special.....they put their love and soul in this game.

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @pitta: check the dev menu in the beta version, it has a line for “hours played”.
    Also, now I wanna know what that incredibly cool special thing is ;) Send me a PM or Discord?

@Ben: Funny I totally forgot that till now. Please include the hours played somewhere. Ideally, on the main menu screen both a total over all saves; and per savegame slot, too.

@Volk: Patience, young Padawan ;) it’s only two days.

Also, yes about sharing stories: I took lots of notes, will start writing a guide when I’m back from vacation next week.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Hopefully a Thursday release actually will be Wednesday night....

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I’m not sure I’m reading it well.
    I played a lot, but not 255 hours lot :)

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    That’s weird. I could have sworn that last time I checked it said something like “48h 45m”.
    Now it reads wacky stuff too, “110.456789” format.

16. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Back once again for your questions and queries!

@PeopleWhoLoveTime, time stamps won't be in for launch (neither will the dev menu!!). However, if it's still tracked, we can see about putting the amount of time played somewhere.

@Pitta, the campaigns are really the starting point. There's some really cool stuff to discover in the other parts of the game. Our aim is to keep adding to that post-launch.

@ramzarules, the beta testers have been totally awesome! Massive, huge, thanks to any of them reading this! Also, we don't have "miss" animations. Maybe something for the future. Also also, yes you can totally have a melee dagger Sorceress. Daggers use a Warrior's speed rather than strength to work out damage, and you can totally equip her with some robes that deflect hits...maybe even an amulet to replenish Action Points...and some spells just in case! ;)

@Volk13, I'll shout on here and on our twitter (@PerchangAreUs) as soon as the game goes live.

Ok then, our first dlc region is...
    [​IMG]

Chaos to the North. Skaven to the South. Your Warriors are in a lot of trouble!!

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yeah.
    I’m actually in a non campaign quest right now and it’s simply amazing for reasons I’ll have to wait 2 days to tell.

Not that I would start arguing with the dev :p and maybe I understood wrong what ramza asked...but actually there are animations and effects for when enemies....don’t hit.
    And sounds too ;)
    And imho they are pretty awesome.
    You *really* feel the combat.

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Took me basically the whole last night to recover from TPK.
    I was sloppy and I really paid for it.

Awesome.

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I hear you ;) I almost TPK’d myself 2 days ago, same as you: got sloppy, didn’t pay attention, did something very stupid and entirely avoidable involving both fire and AoE damage.
    Folks, note the “myself” in there :p yes, you can kill your own guys with your actions. No need for the enemy to kill you, you can do an admirable job of it all on your own.

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Eh.
    A certain plate mail saved me several times already.
    But you can’t really count on luck in this game :p