Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

I had the bug where every time I tried to load the game on my iPad it crashed or trying to enter a dungeon on my iCloud save on my phone it crashed but a reinstall solved it... and kept my saves.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @pitta: I upgraded to 11 in my late afternoon ;) and reinstalled only after the upgrade.
    Back into the fray!

Sidenote, unrelated: the iOS11 virtual keyboard sucks :p

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Sooooo many options, unbelievable. Comes with a free serving of f-awesome, courtesy of Perchang ;)
    I already found several different builds for most of my heroes; and all look equally viable: with different strengths and weaknesses, suited for different playstyles and different combat situations, etc.
    Expect me to start babbling and gushing like crazy once the game’s out :D

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Pleaseee for the love of god devs, do not make the game iOS 11 only.

I am sticking on iOS 10 simply because I will lose many, many games that are not 64bit compatible.

So far after a couple of hours testing this game I have had no crashes at all on an iPad Pro 12.9". #

So Nullzone, your crashes must be some other factor. #

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @stubby: I wouldn’t worry about that, I’m quite sure they’ll fix all this for iOS10 too. See Ben’s earlier “we are working superhard on this” post here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=4057472&postcount=453 .
    Other than that issue WHQ2 ran absolutely great on 10 I can confirm: no lag/slowness or sluggishness, super responsive, great graphics, the whole 9 yards.

Also, don’t forget I didn’t try if a reinstall and new game fixes it in 10 too.
    My best guess is that it’s not even Perchang’s “fault”, but some wacky Apple shenanigans - wouldn’t be the first time :p

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I told you to restart for a reason.
    I feel the same.
    Be sure to check if everything behave as expected.

On a side note, just had my second total party kill.
    I’m seriously amazed by the AI, especially humanoids.
    I need to seriously re think all my strategy.....

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Pretty sure iOS 11 isn’t mandatory at all.
    Must look GLORIOUS on a 12.9 PRO!!!!!!

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wish I had an iPad Pro to play on, I've only got the iPad Air 2 still and I'll probably play on that rather than my iPhone just because of the space requirement as I'm not sure I can free up nearly 2gig on my phone.

Glad to hear people are enjoying the game and giving a lot of feedback. Surprised to hear about the wipe I never wipe either as I always play pretty strategically and cautiously so it'll be interesting to see how it goes down. If your allowed to share, is there any punishment for a wipe or a death? Or is it simply you have to start the mission again?

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'm really sorry, I would love to but I prefer not to share any specific detail about the game and let you discover them by playing.
    But...it's a Warhammer game....it's brutal by definition so there are always consequences ;)

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I already had a wipe too, definitely feels harder than WQ1; even more so with the consequences pitta already mentioned.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'm really LOVING it.
    And I'm speaking about not only vs the original WHQ, but TBS in general.
    Some fo the key decisions here are really brilliant.
    I'm at work now and all I can think about are strategies, combos and new party compositions.

I don't know if it's harder but here every single AP spent matters.

I really regret now to have mailed Perchang that character X was overpowered :p
    I hope my mail went to the spam folder.

12. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Hey! Stopp spoiling us...! ;-)

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Good news! I just got an email back from Perchang, they might be pushing a new build out to Apple today already. Fingers crossed all goes well with that.

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    While not giving anything specific away, do any of the fellow beta testers find the selection and movement tapping sound annoying? It is very loud and on an iPad Pro only comes out from one side of the audio channel.

Compared to the normal tapping to select sound effect and the excellent audio in general it sounds obtrusive and "cheap" to me.

I am wondering if it is only specific to the iPad Pro or if it is noticeable on all devices?

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #475 Nullzone, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Seconding that, stubbie. I find the sound itself annoying like all hell, turned FX sound off after 5 minutes and left it like that. I wouldn’t notice it only playing mono or whatever if it hit me with a stick :p But even I noticed it is far louder than the other sound effects.

On the other hand, the music is great. It really freaks me out after listening to it for a while.

Oh, and Testflight beeped while I was typing this. But build number is still the same, so it seems it’s a Testflight hiccup again.

16. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Has any beta testers actually got reply for their feedback from Perchang ?

17. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Nope, I have sent a few emails and no response at all.
    They might be getting heaps of feedback.
    Could be a good or bad sign. #

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Yep, a few short emails that they are bloody busy with all the feedback they got and have almost no time to reply, but reading them all. Just as it should be :)

19. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Morning everyone. Quickly ducking in for some questions before continuing the great Beta feedback Quest!

Thanks to all our Beta testers reading this. Your feedback has been invaluable, both in short and long term ideas. My apologies that we haven't replied to everyone. I hope you all understand we're focusing on making the game as good as it can be for launch. Rest assured we do read everything we are sent.

@Nullzone and @stubbieoz, those sound effects are one of the many things we've changed. They are now more suited to the environment and a LOT quieter!

We've been getting some hilarious stories of player's adventures. People using the gameplay items and environments in super interesting and tactical ways... which is exactly what we were hoping for.

We'll be sending out an email with all the major new beta features and fixes.

Less than two weeks to go before everyone gets to play!! Can't wait to hear about your loadouts and stories! ;)

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Check your mails guys.

Ben, Pete and all Perchang....you are awesome.