Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Happy Friday everyone!

Firstly, thanks for all the name suggestions for the speed / follow-on mechanic. We'll be trying out a few over the next week to see how they fit.

Ok, this whole pricing thing then. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I would recommend trying the game and experiencing the content before making up your mind. Then, if you find the pricing to be unfair, drop us an email or start a discussion here. Suggest some changes. Maybe even describe a new pricing model that we could use in the future.

We're a small developer and welcome all input, both from players who enjoyed our games and those who didn't.

On a personal note, it saddened me to see the last few pages of posts. I highly enjoy coming to these forums and chatting with you lot. They provide me with a fun place to talk about Quest, and serve as a reminder as to why I make games.

Let's be our best selves.

- Ben

2. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Hey Ben,

I'm going to read into what you haven't said and guess that the beta invites have gone out, damned shame as I'd been really looking forward to it but congratulations to the lucky few.

As for pricing I thought the area IAP was spot on pricing considering the amount of extra content you got, the warrior IAP was a touch too high in my opinion and put me off purchasing them all.

Have a good weekend and all that.

3. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Yes same with me, I purchased all area content. I didn’t purchase any characters, they seemed pricey and just added new ways to experience the same content.

Same as with Talisman. I’ve bought all the expansion content, but none of the individual characters. Same with Pathfinder. Bought all content, and only bought a couple characters and only because I could buy them with in-game gold. :)

Edit: so I would almost say you would do better including characters with content and just bumping up what you are going to ask for that content. I’d pay more without knowing that it’s actually costing me more if that makes sense :)

4. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

#424 Sloany, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Edit: so I would almost say you would do better including characters with content and just bumping up what you are going to ask for that content. I’d pay more without knowing that it’s actually costing me more if that makes sense :)

^^this would be a good way or even doing them individually but with bundle deals being available as well I.e content+character+weapon for x amount (slightly cheaper to be an incentive)

Though to be honest I bought all the IAP on the first and some gold as well when I restarted just to bump up the speed of progress.

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Guys don’t panic.

When everything seems lost, have faith in Sigmar.

You will be rewarded.

6. trystero

Aug 11, 2009
    Pitta is clearly in the beta ;)

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I’m not so mean, I didn’t mean that.

Just have faith.

8. trystero

Aug 11, 2009
    I know hehe, I was just kidding :)

9. cyllwynn

cyllwynn Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Don’t be sad :)

I thought the pricing was totally cool for the first game.

I don’t know why it saddened you. Honestly, one dude who never played the original game popped in and was a little rude/brusk for no good reason and people who have been following you, rodeo games, and perchang have a clear vested interest in having your new game be given the chance and accolades that I am sure it will deserve. We prolly should have just had all of that popped onto a warhammer quest 1 thread.

I think you should be thrilled to see such a dedicated group of people that are so happy to not only see your success from Perchang rise from the ashes, but also are all rooting for you to knock this one out of the park as well and hopefully receive both the same level of critical acclaim as before as well as have as much monitary success as possible.

I for one loved the games you have made up until now and can’t wait to get my hands on the second take on one of my favorite games of all time (WQ) with some much needed refinement to the flawed original WQ board game rules. (Deathwatch also sucked away dozens and dozens of hours of my time. )

Anyway, cheer up! You have a steadfastly loyal group of supporters who can wait to see what kind of joy and entertainment your next game brings them. That’s pretty darn cool in my book!

Sam

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    That sounds fair enough and it will be exactly what I will be doing.
    But just a couple of suggestions beforehand please;

If you release a Steam version of the game as well could you make the pricing the same across both platforms? The higher total cost for everything on iOS compared to the Steam version was a bit unfair I feel.

Also could you offer a total bundle that includes everything for a somewhat reduced price for gamers who like to purchase everything you offer? Sort of like a small reward for people who totally support your game. #

Thanks for considering.

11. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Season pass for DLC would be great.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    The time has come.

Check your scrolls guys, and may Sigmar protect us all.

13. trystero

Aug 11, 2009
    Nothing here :( Chaos consumes me...

14. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Me right now.

Attached Files:

15. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Got the email from perchang just waiting on apple now and test flight whoop whoop

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    A herald comes running into the castle's courtyard. "Sir, sir! We have an urgent message from the kingdom of Perchang. King Benjamin bids you his best wishes, and requests you partake in some arcane ritual, a ... beta? What kind of foul sorcery is this supposed to be?" ;)

Thanks folks, very much appreciated!

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #437 ste86uk, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    I just cleared out all my spam folder before seeing this, although I doubt I got in as it may not have gone to a spam folder.

Also Ben don't let the pages of discussion on price get you down people will never all agree so hopefully people will just try it first. I never really remember having an issue with the first games prices. Can't wait for the game.

18. Winko

Winko Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Well done whoever got the beta invites.
    So looking forward to hearing from the testers to see how the game plays .

19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    waiting......waiting.....wake up Apple! #

20. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    I know the review is supposed to be complete within certain time period. But then it could mean the working hours. So, 16 hrs could actually take two days. And the weekends dont really count. Also, remember that Apple is based in CA. Sigh. I'm just gonna hit the gym hard tonight so I could fall fast asleep without having to endure the wait.