Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    I'm not sure how you did it but the game looks even better now than it did in the last trailer!

October 19th can't come soon enough!

2. briansanderson

briansanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Oh My God after watching the trailer you just dropped. Simply can’t wait for October to get here.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Surely the only one in the world but I always pronounced Perchang wrong.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man wish this would come out on Switch too!

5. macsmister

macsmister New Member

May 15, 2012
    Is it safe to say this is going to be the best alternative to XCOM for iOS 11? What other games are in the same league for iOS 11?

6. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    For starters I would say Warhammer Quest 1. It was recently updated to support 64bit.

7. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Oh this is shaping up very nicely! I really hope to see a release on PC or console too!

Not sure what to do with this...

:drops bucket of drool:

:D

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #348 Pitta, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Am I correct in this?
    You now 'spend' all your weapon attacks on the same enemy, you can't 'divide' them between enemies.
    So your captain will use the 2 attacks of the long sword on the same enemy, you can't split 1 on a bat and 1 on a rat, right?
    Interesting huge difference with WHQ.
    Eventually of course, if you have AP left, you can make other, separate, attacks.

Did I got it right?

If yes, I'll surely revise my favorite WHQ strategy in hardcore: use 3 characters to open a way and then run in the middle with the Marauder and his 7-15 attacks to death blow everyone.

9. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    I noticed that too. The long sword hack and backhand swing and the multiple stabs with the dagger felt very realistic. Man, the animations are nothing less than amazing.

Also I think it was mentioned early in the thread that the cleave skill would be implemented sometime in future. Can't wait to get my hands on the Beta.

10. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    The Marauder was my favorite character too. Too bad that he's probably become a chaos champion by now. Would love to see him again as a mini-boss holding the evil sword Slayer of Kings with that many attacks blowing everyone around him to death.

11. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Goood morning all. Hope your weeks are beginning well.

Thanks for all the trailer love. Glad everyone like what they see so far! Question time then...

Just to clear up any confusion with the attacks. Here's how they work.

A weapon costs action points to use. You choose the enemy you wish to attack and "use" the weapon on them. The number of attacks should be seen as the number of chances you get to hit them. We designed this system to tackle the issues people had with the first game where weapons were very much a "swing once and hope" affair. So, let's take the Longsword and the Mace as examples.

Longsword costs 2AP to attack an enemy.
    When you attack an enemy, it swings at them twice.
    It delivers roughly 7 Damage on each swing.

A Mace also costs 2AP to attack an enemy.
    It only swings once though.
    It generally delivers a high amount of damage.

Soooo, you have to weigh up which weapon to use, depending on the enemy. If they have 7 Hit Points left, you're probably best off attacking with the Longsword, because you'll get two opportunities to deal damage.

Whereas, if an enemy has 20 Hit Points. Maybe you're better off going with the one swing Mace, because you could kill the enemy in one hit!

Remember, each Warrior has 5 Action Points per turn. And it's totally up to you how to spend them. Attack one enemy for 2AP, attack a different one for 2AP...then use the last AP to run away one square!

And of course, different weapons will cost different amounts of Action Points to attack with. There is a bow that costs 4AP, but fires three arrows into the target and deals looooooaaaads of damage. We affectionately call it the "Turret" in the studio!

Hope that helps explain a little. Don't worry, once you get to play with them in-game, they all feel very natural and easy to understand! ;)

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks for the explanation, Ben! By now, with more questions pretty much guaranteed, you could just put up the manual :p

Will there be ways to increase the AP pool, or is that fixed?

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Perfect.

Big difference from WHQ, where 'attacks' were number of attacks of the character, not the weapon.
    I like this, a lot.
    It's also graphically very pleasing seeing the swings and thrusts (to me anyway, I already anticipate people telling it's too long to watch like old DW-WHQ nonsense I never understood).

Seems like a nice blend of WHQ and DW/Hunters.

And also, seems to me much more adherent to Games Workshop recent dice philosophy with both Age of Sigmar, AoS skirmishes and both Silver Tower and Shadow over Hammerhal.

I can see the APs like Silver Tower character dice, and then number of weapon attacks like the rolls to hit/damage.

Can't wait.

No pressure but...do you have an idea of when mailing list/beta invites/actual beta will start?
    I guess invites this week and beta in 10 days or so?

You know, I must warn wife in case I'm in :p

14. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Thanks as always for answering our questions Ben. Quick one from me, will deathblows still be a thing in WH2?

15. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Check your emails guys! If you know what im talking about!

16. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Not received anything #

17. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

#357 Sloany, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Talked too soon #

Applied for the beta whoop whoop!

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Not sure if it's the game app icon but the logo in the mailing list (the black library logo in flames) is awesome.

19. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm definitely looking forward to this game. :)

20. Winko

Winko Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Still hoping for beta

Hi all.

Doesn't seem I have received the email for Beta ###
    Quick question , Will the emails be sent out in stages ###as still hoping

Thanks, and still so can't wait for this one. Warhammer quest is one of only a few games never deleted from my iPad.
    Roll on October