Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    So, it’s been awhile since I played the first Warhammer. I put ridiculous hours into that game ( and then in 40k from the old Rodeo studio ) so obviously I’m looking forward to this immensely.

Having said that, one of the things that drove me a little crazy in the first one was how “skills” were randomized on level up. One the one hand, this prevented munchkin-like min-maxing. On the other hand, sometimes I found myself force quitting and re-rolling the level up to get certain skills that I really wanted.

How is it handled in Warhammer Quest II? :)

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @trystero: Benjamin explained it somewhere upstream. No more random skills (yee-haw! :D) , instead your skillset comes from your equipment, and in two flavors: generic stuff for everyone (say, archery), and class-specific skills from class-specific equipment (e.g. "Purge the Taint" for an Inquisitor to remove Chaos corruption from a victim (made-up example, btw)).

3. trystero

Aug 11, 2009
    Ah, I see his earlier comments now. Thx @Nullzone.

It’s a better solution for sure.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Although I'm sure some things were still random like stats on level up. I'm not sure if that's stuck or if they have changed for fixed upgrades.

Personally I prefer fixed stat increases and just to indidividualise my characters by my gear, abilitiy and talent choices ect

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Friendly reminder that we are well into the new week :p

Just saying :D

6. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    I believe Ben said it would be toward the end of the week. But yeah I've been checking my emails every 20 mins hoping to find a sweet invitation to the Beta.

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    LOL.
    I'm refreshing since Sunday....you never know...a glitch in their mail server, a human error, Santa wants to give early presents.... :p

I'm waiting for the iPhone X since a long time, but I'm still more excited to see the new WHQ2 trailer this week.

Yeah I know trailer and maybe mailing lists are scheduled for end of week, but still...

8. trystero

Aug 11, 2009
    Was there a beta sign up form? I thought it was if you were registered on perchangs site for updates you would hear about how to apply for the beta this week. Did I actually miss a registration page for it?

9. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

As far as I recall if you sign up to the news letter your also signing up for a chance at the beta.

10. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    And maybe something happen (i.e. A new bug found at the last moment) might have delayed the beta as well. Or something like life (i.e. Hurricanes) might have impacted them as well. All will be revealed at the proper time.

11. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    *Develops RSI refreshing the page*

Can't wait!

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Refreshing all possible Perchang channels is getting faster by the minute.

13. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Playing Iron Marine from the developers of Kingdom Rush while I wait. Feels pretty good as a RTS on tablet. And Divinity 2 is coming out tonight. Why's that every good game seems to be released around this time of year?

14. lva

lva Active Member

May 25, 2017
    Ask for a beta test.Does this game something likedemon rise?[email protected] TX!

15. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
  16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Way better than I dared to hope.

It's simply stunning.

Like a living Games Workshop World diorama.

Can't wait to go home and watch it in the big screen, pausing for every menu.

Also, sexy voice :p

17. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Woo, the graphics are stunning! And it's the first time j heard Ben's voice.

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Graphics is fantastic.
    I had great expectations (the original WHQ is still a great looking game) but WOAH, they really exceeded them.

That fog!
    That zoom!
    Those details!!!

Loving the doors opening and the parchments story tidbits with hand drawings.

So good.

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Which device are you playing it on Ben?

I'm curious....did the Elf know anything about the Mace?

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For the ones that missed it, you can appreciate the line of sight thing when the Sorceress cast her spells and can't target the bats/rats behind the columns.

I'm in hype frenzy.