Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm pretty sure Warhammer Quest 1 is available on Android, isn't it? I've seen it in the google play store while browsing.

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    iOS only for me since long now.

Can't wait to see all the avaible classes...hoping for a classic fighter (armoured or not, preferably human....finger crossed for something Bretonnia) as marauder was my favorite character.

Wait is killing me but seems it's not long now....are you still aiming for a September (I guess late September) release, which would be most probably together with iOS 11 final release?

Is iCloud (or anything else) sync in by any chance?

3. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Totally understand. Are you able to reuse art and models from WQ1? I'm wondering how easy/hard it would be to incorporate enemy models such as Orcs and Skaven to add further diversity without breaking the budget.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Haven't bought a console since the playstation 1.
    My last handheld was the 3DS but I developed arthritis and could not hold it.
    I built my gaming pc nine years ago and now only occasionally play a game that can run on it. Plus it uses enough electricity to power a small town.

My iPad Pro 12.9" is now my main gaming device. #

5. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I imagine not because of the difference in polygon count.

6. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Do we have comparability specs yet? Will this run on my 4th gen iPad?

7. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Morning all, Q&A time then...

@Heavnsix, We're still going through the optimising process. So, no final specs yet. We'll try and get that info out in the next few weeks.

@Maelwolf, we have salvaged the critter models from WQ1, however as WaveLight says, everything else was too low poly. Our new process of making characters involves making a super high poly version in ZBrush, then baking it down into a lower poly one we can use. Means that we have a high-poly reference for the future if we ever need it.

@Pitta, Bretonnian knight is certainly on the list of dlc characters to get done at some point! Cloud sync went in this week.

@stubbieoz, I love those big iPad Pros. Definitely on my Christmas list this year!

Interesting that most people are iOS and PC. I'm very much the same. Although I did get a Switch recently, and a little late-night Mario Kart while waiting for Quest 2 to build is lots of fun!! As I've said before, we're just focusing on the iOS launch right now. As long as everything goes ok, we'll be looking at other platforms after that...

As always, thanks for the kind words and support!

8. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    I have a switch but after playing through Zelda ive not really found the need for many other games - plus an ipad/iphone with a gamevice is slowly becoming more tempting to me than the switch so I think ill sell the switch and maybe get a wii U for my ninty fix!

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Awesome!!!!
    Thanks!!!!

10. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    +1 for a Switch version!

11. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    Don't do it! Just this year, we have a ton to look forward to on the Swtich:

Sonic Mania
    Sonic Forces
    Mario + Rabbids
    Rayman Legends
    Mario Odyssey
    Skyrim
    Sine Mora
    Axiom Verge
    Tiny Barbarian
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
    and more!

12. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Sorry this is going off topic a little but TBH this is an example of why I think its not for me, bar Mario Odyssey which does look like fun none of the games listed are of that much interest to me bar and Skyrim which I have on PC - Its a shame as I love the concept and implementation of the switch with regards to the portability but its just not got the games I enjoy. I find the combination of iOS for "away from the TV" and then an alienware alpha R1 fulfills all the "at the TV" HD "console" gaming I need so the switch gathers dust sadly

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Nintendo generally have excellent games especially for people that have friends and don't just want to play online with their friends. That and nostalgia are the reasons I'll always love Nintendo.

Anyway back on topic, thinking about booting up my old WHQ and starting a new game just to get back into the swing of things. Anyone else done that?

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I completed the n-th hardcore run just like 2 weeks ago.
    Still stellar.

15. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Morning all, hope you had good weekends. Back into the work thing then...

@NINTENDO, as soon as they start releasing SNES games on the Switch, basically all production in Perchang towers will cease!! ;)

@ste86uk, I've been playing the old WQ game a bit recently as well. It's crazy how different it feels now I'm used to the new version. I still really love the quest loop though... Look for good rewards on the map, complete dungeon, get new loot...maybe just try that in another dungeon. Rinse and repeat!

Right, I need to run. We're packaging up all the game text for localisation today. And I need to proof read 13,000 words of quests, items and events! Where's my coffee pot...

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    That's one of the best (among many) best things about the original WHQ and that made its staying power so big.
    Those moments when you go to a 4-5 branch town just to see not one but 2 or even 3 items you want.....decisions decisions....

Also the length of dungeons was a key thing here.
    The 'just one white quest' factor is still out of the roof imho.

That also very well captured the spirit of the original boardgame.

I hope End of Times will be similar in that regard (while at the same time I hope for handcrafted story quests also).

17. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Nothing new to share? Haven't gotten my daily dose of WHQ2 goodness in a couple days. Super psyched for this release. Hoping the beta comes soon and I get a chance to try it out! Keep up the amazing work.

18. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Mainly iOS these days, some games on my laptop. I used to have a desktop and was a FPS fiend but I can't really justify the cost of a high end machine just to play them. Maybe if Homeworld 3 ever comes out I'd be tempted.

I have a couple of questions for you, one to be fair has been asked a lot already.

When do you expect you'll sending out beta invites? Next few weeks or up to a month?

Can you (pretty) please do a 5 minute video of you or one of the team playing the game describing features, the combat system, weapons, armour, things your proud of etc? I really really want to see how the game's going to play!

Thanks once again for taking the time to come here and answer all our questions!

19. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    One of the posts about AR at the start got me thinking about how it would be pretty cool if Warhammer Quest 2 had an AR mode – obviously in gaming in the single player it wouldn’t be that great a way to play, but being able to switch to AR view when the enemy are moving would be pretty cool

AR could also help you set up a D&D type multiplayer with one person taking up the DM role and setting out the dungeon/enemies using QR ID codes?

20. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    No update for over a week now. I bet something big is coming up, say a second trailer!