Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Hi all! Thursday. Nearly nearly the end of the week! Ok, answer time...

@Maelwolf, yes, each Warrior class has outfits, weapons, skills and items that are unique to the class. Outfits are totally class specific and really make one of the biggest impacts. For example, the Dark Elf has some robes that allow her to use Intelligence instead of Strength in all melee attacks! All Warrior Classes have different starting stats and HP too.

@Sloany, We'll be doing the first newsletter soon. Beta will be in a few weeks hopefully. Really hope the game lives up to your lofty expectations! ;)

As always, thanks for the questions. I'll keep dipping in here to answer.

Cheers,

- Ben

2. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Oh dear lord! Sigma must've heard my prayers.

3. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Sigmar is always watching!! ;)

Bit of a weekend treat for you lovely lot. We're unveiling one of the Warrior classes you'll be playing as...

The Blood Knight.

[​IMG]

Turned to vampirism many centuries ago, the Blood Dragons were among the noblest knights in the Empire. Now they stalk the lands causing death and slaughter wherever they go.

He's big, he's bad, he carries a huge shield. He's able to steal health from enemies... and sometimes friends!

Here are a few shots of him in action. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Vampires, very nice ;)
    Do you have enough goodies and baddies, that I can play with a full party of either?
    Or is mix'n'match expected?

5. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Holy crap that looks awesome!

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Awesome.

The in game screenshots (the angle, the furniture, the floors, the details) look AMAZING.

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

7. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Awesome. The Vampire Knight is a great character class. I did one for Demon's Rise 2 and it's a lot of fun to design. Vampire powers (teleport, dark magic, summon bats, etc.) combined with great fighting ability and the ability to regain health from feeding. It's a bit tough to balance, actually ... will be interesting to see how you guys do it.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I love health draining abilities, I always mained a warlock on WoW until a few years back and health draining and damage over time abilities along with afflictions have become my preferred way of fighting. Along with long range attacks, having preferences makes it a bit easier for me to pick charachters.

9. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Will it work support devices with 1 GB RAM like iPad 4 just like Tyranid invasion?

10. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Woo, chilling! I'm having goose bumps now.

11. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Happy Monday all! Start of another week! Only a few more to go!

So, getting into the answers then...

@Kenan2000, we haven't done a full list of supported devices yet. However, I highly suspect your iPad4 will be fine though.

@ste86uk, looks like you'll be choosing a Blood Knight with shield and heavy armour, along with ranged Warriors behind him then! ;)

@Nullzone, we have 7 classes at launch, with many more to come. 4 ones that come with the core game, and 3 dlc. Plenty to mix and match with. We'll also be taking ideas from the community post-launch. So, if you have any areas you think your party is lacking in, we can hopefully fill in the blanks.

Thanks for all the awesomeo comments. They really help the team, especially when we're in these last weeks of dev!

12. robert1025

robert1025 New Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I love your Games. I can not wait to Warhammer quest 2.

13. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I hope we get to see a few favourites from WQ1 such as the Warrior Priest, Trollslayer, and Witch Hunter. I'd love to see Dwarven Rune Priests or Dark Elf Corsairs too. Amber wizards could be pretty neat if they could morph into different animals. So many possibilities!

14. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    I don't suppose we'll be seeing the marauder again, yes? Seems that he started wearing a set of chaos armor in WQ1.

15. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Maybe he could be a special boss during some stage, kind of like how the hero turns villain at the end of Diablo.

16. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Morning everyone. Before I grab a coffee, let's do some Q&A...

@Birth1118, yes, the Marauder is very much in the realm of chaos now. As Maelwolf says though, it would be quite cool to see him as some kind of future boss perhaps.

@Maelwolf, yep I think it's a definite certainty that we'll be seeing some of those characters again! ;) Amber Wizards are cool, and we'd definitely like to do one. It is quite a higher "art spend" than the regular ones though, because of all the additional models they could turn into. Bears, wolves, flock of ravens, etc. One for the future list...

@Robert1025, thanks! Not long to wait now!

Quick question for you lot. Aside from iOS and Android devices, which other platforms do you play strategy games on?

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    No other platforms, actually ;) iOS-only since 2009.

If you aim at "what are platforms will we release on" , I pretty much took it for granted that you'll do a Steam Release at least.

18. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    I also play strategy games (like the total:war games) on PC, but in cases where a game is on PC and iOS (e.g. XCOM, Rome:Total war, the old Warhammer Quest) I will always default to playing on iOS as I just find it more intuitive

19. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    iOS and Desktop, but I have a Mac laptop, not a PC.

Really looking forward to this game; I was a huge fan of the first WQ. Best of luck, devs!

20. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

iOS and PC, but as others have said, if a game is on PC AND iOS I default onto iOS, unless the PC version is bigger with more content etc.