Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Got to have a dragon in there!

2. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Wow, where to start:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Mourngul
    https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Colossal-Squig
    https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Great-Unclean-One-Greater-Daemon-of-Nurgle
    https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Warpfire-Dragon
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Jabberslythe

3. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    I'm getting the impression people like Dragons then!

Nice list @Maelwolf, those are going to the char art department right away!
    ...and Colossal Squigs are always fun!

@WaveLightGames, the initial game will feature Beastmen and Nurgle. Future expansions will provide additional races / factions.

@Stelph, we do have different surface types in the game, so setting fire to an entire dungeon would be entirely possible... if not totally sane!

Ok, in other news, we've got a trailer launching today! Hit me up here to let us know what you think!

Enjoy! ;)

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    oh yes, the blood splatters! There are many games mentioning grim dark settings, and then when weapons collide it's nothing but a number on the screen. Autumn 2017!

5. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Will iphone5 be in the compatible list ?

6. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Just seen it, the graphics look amazing and I love the new camera angle which adds to the atmosphere of the game

At around 46 seconds as well it shows the increase in scale this time round really well, it looks like all the enemies can move at the same time which I think gives the impression of being "flooded" by enemies which is brilliant

Release cant come soon enough!

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'm unfortunately (well...I'm on holiday so not complaining) away from wifi and just on iPhone so I can't really see the trailer in its full glory but you had me at first screen when heroes enter the dungeon with fog moving from the doors and the (awesome) music starting with the blowing horns.
    Then it was an escalation of awesomeness.
    Use of fog is really a highlight, great stuff.
    Liked the moving fire from brazier too.
    Epic magic effects and a glorious return: blood splatter!!!

Autumn can't come soon enough.

The map is glorious too.

8. hazmatte

hazmatte Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Insta-buy!

Looks fantastic. Having played all of the Hunters and WHQ games, I can't wait to play this one!

9. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Just.... Wow!!

10. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Morning all,

Thanks for the awesome comments. Glad everyone likes the look of it!

@stelph, yes, we've improved on loads of game systems from the previous games I did at Rodeo. The "fast forward during enemy turn" always felt a bit cheap. So, now the enemy moves and fights together as much as it can. It makes watching the enemy turn quite a suspenseful experience!

@Killerluffy246, we haven't zeroed in on a final list of devices yet. We've created the game so it'll be playable on as many devices as possible. Hopefully the 5 may make the cut, but no promises.

For those of you who didn't get to see yesterday, here's a link to the trailer:

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just a heads up.
    Perchang released new screenshots as well, including first look at inventory and map.
    There is A LOT, and I mean, A LOT, of possible discussions on the game system just in the inventory screen alone.
    They look fantastic but I can't find them anymore in high res.

Ben, any chance for a link to high res versions of new screenshots?
    Can't find them on the website.

Thanks!!!!

12. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Ask and ye shall receive!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Really wish this was out already all the teasing is so hard to cope with lol

I can't remember from memory and these are too many pages to read it all again but were we ever told how many classes there will be or what any of the classes are?

14. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    So looking at the character screen, do characters only hold 5 items now? It's a little confusing as it looks like there are only 5 slots, and potions share them with equipment.

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I was finally able to check the trailer in its full HD glory and on bigger screen (also on 55 inches on TV :p, wife looks me weirdly).

It's GLORIOUS.

Besides the 'grim and dirty' art direction that I always loved in Ben's work( it's probably the best rendition of the Old World EVER imho), I immediately noticed the engine seems to support a way bigger camera tilt and way bigger zoom in (my two only gripes with Deathwatch, technically speaking).
    Looking forward taking hundreds of screenshots.
    Watching enemies approaching all together makes for some incredible and tense cinematic experience...everything seems like a Games Workshop World diorama coming to life.

Which are the four characters in the party?
    I recognize the empire captain and the sorceress, but can't figure out the other two (one looks smaller and the other one (up right) looks like a...barbarian of sort with a shield? (Drooling already).
    Enemies variety seems already great...it's fantastic to see same monster types with different outfits and weapons....so realistic.

Speaking of the character screen...I get same vibes of Hunters 2 mixed with Deathwatch.
    So I guess you can bring very limited things in a dungeon...no more a caravan filled with weapons and potions.
    So I already smell UTTER BRUTALITY AND HARD CHOICES....which is good. SO SO GOOD.
    I already imagine myself staring at the inventory screen before entering a dungeon hours and hours.

Really pleasantly surprised by the September timeframe also....CAN'T WAIT.

16. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Hi all,

Hope you all had good weekends! To answer some questions then...

@Pitta, thanks! Glad you like the look of it. There are four classes at launch. Empire Captain, Dark Elf Sorceress, Wood Elf Glade Guard and one mysterious other that we're not announcing just yet. Think big, blood-sucking, heavily armoured tank!

We'll also have three additional dlc classes available at launch (just like WQ1)

The cool thing about the enemies having different weapons, is that they actually use them! So, tackling a Beastman with a hand axe is a very different experience to fighting one with a spear and shield!

@Maelwolf, we've taken a very different approach to equipment this time. Those item squares on the inventory page, we call them gameplay slots. Each character starts with 4, and can gain more through levelling. Gameplay slots can be filled with ANYTHING that a Warrior is allowed to have (Some classes have exclusive gear. Captain and his pistol for example). What you take into a dungeon dramatically alters how the Warrior plays. For example, the Wood Elf can be equipped with bows, health potions and dodge skills, which makes her more of a support character. Orrrr, you can equip her with knives, Action Point replenishes, and armour, and create a deadly close combat Warrior!

Remember that you can have more than one Warrior from a class in your party as well, so you can have an entire party of Wood Elves each fulfilling a different role!

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #217 Nullzone, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    @Benjamin:
    The party & equipment system you describe sounds really good. I predict lots of theory-crafting and talk about interesting and good combinations ;)
    And I really like the "you can have multiples of the same class" approach. Always fun to play a themed party.

Question about gaining additional slots:
    Do you have to pick what you get per level, e.g. additional slot or new skill? Or do you gain those at fixed intervals?

Now, I think I asked that before and forgot about it :p :
    Will stat & skill increases use the same terrible random system as WHQ1 (that was its greatest flaw)? Or will they be fixed this time (much better) ?

Oh, and can you tell us already what the 3 DLC classes are, or is that still a secret?

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    It may be just a coincidence or a sign from Destiny, but I actually bought a Wood Elf Glade Guard battalion 15 days ago and I'm going to paint it soon, to be used in skirmishes with my son.

This game can't come soon enough.

Drooling at the gameplay slots idea, I like it a lot.
    It adds a cool strategy layer and let people go wild with tens of possible hero configurations.

The fact that now the vast majority of items and weapons but some specific ones (if I'm understanding it correctly) can be used by everyone makes additional characters DLC much cooler than the previous WHQ additional chars imho.

19. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

@Benjamin, one question about the equipment, I understand your saying that you can take only 5 items (more at higher levels) into a dungeon, but outside of the dungeon do we still get more armour options (armour amulets rings etc.) to equip out characters with that are then unchangeable during the dungeon run? Love having more armour options etc.

20. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    I reckon yes Sloany, otherwise you'd have some very tough choices to make every time you found a new item!

Will items we find in dungeon be equippable on mission? What's the limit on the number of items we can carry out of the dungeon?

One last random question but you mention items that replenish ap Ben, I'm going to presume they're stackable but I was wondering if there's going to be a stack limit on consumable items?