Universal Warhammer Quest 2 (By Perchang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I thought I had the same problem--tapped the Purchase button and nothing happened. Then I worked out the tap box on the Purchase button is really, really small. (At least on my system: iPad Air 2, iOS 10.3.3.) Try tapping the very bottom of the button, on the line, even. Tap all around and see if it works for you.

2. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Thanks man, it sounds great to me. Seems the UI needs a bit of work but as long as the game is stable and fun, I'll support it for now and hope it improves.

3. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Could not agree more on line of sight comments. Super frustrating to not see line of sight clearly delineated in the ui. Otherwise awesome game so far.

4. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Something a lot of TBS games do that would help is allowing you to select an enemy and see which spaces they can attack on their turn.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #105 Nullzone, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Line of Sight is something I reported during Beta, and I’m sure others did too: I asked for a LoS display for enemies and heroes, would make life a lot easier. But given the very tight deadline and the bugfixes they had to focus on, I can understand that it’s not in at launch and hopefully comes with one of the first updates. Why nobody thought showing LoS is a good idea during design is a mystery to me, though :p same as some of the UI issues folks mentioned already, like f-long lists of equipment and heroes you have to scroll - different system would’ve been a lot better. But oddly enough, it never bothered me enough to make improvement suggestions during Beta - and I usually am a real bitch about crap UI :D

Note that you can jump to categories with the slidebar at the bottom, that makes things a little easier at least.

Oh, and just in case you didn’t notice yet: you can rename your Heroes by tapping on their name on their Inventory screen. I put NO USE as prefix on every hero I never intended to use, and BENCH/BACKUP on my second tier. I even gave them prefixes according to their role, e.g. “Flamehammer” for the guy with the Helsturm Mace, or “Gunny” for my Pistol Captains.

6. Majya Loken

Majya Loken Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Same on iPhone 6+ won't get any further... is an iOS version issue?

7. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Man I instabought but may have to wait for some QoL changes before actually playing much. Sounds painful!

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    From what people wrote here so far, yes. Seems to be an issue with 10.3.x on some (not all) devices.
    If you aren’t affected, it’s perfectly playable though.
    Also, Ben wrote upthread that they already submitted the first patch to Apple.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Lol!!!!
    BROTHER!!!

That really didn't bother me much, but I know out of memory who has what (you haven't that much items anyway.
    But the equipped items, you can fast see what you have (not equipped) just pressing the sell button in the shop.
    Again, it didn't bother me at all in over I think 50 hours now, not ideal maybe, but not as 'turn your iPad upside down for inventory' bad.

I may be wrong, and I reported some odd situations to Perchang (I'm pretty sure we all had the same odd experience in the very same room) but I think the game really traces a line of sight between character 3D heads.
    So ideally (not sure tough) it works like Age of Sigmar miniatures work. You can shoot an arrow over a barrel, but not behind a big character (like the Vampire).
    You can shoot between the space of two 'small' characters diagonally.
    If you equip you ranged weapons you will see which enemies are hittable.
    That's what I thought while playing at least.
    Not ideal but hey....sometimes in the heat of the battle you can't really see :p
    Hopefully they will come up with better implementation but I don't want to see where I will be able to shoot BEFORE moving.
    TBH I would prefer as it is now, even if a bit obscure (some unreachable spots that you think should be reachable could be just a bug anyway, maybe taking a screenshot and sending it to Perchang will be the best way to have a clarification or a better system).

No in game journal (would be cool for sure).
    Yes you got it right, STR decrease for 3 turns when stepping on poisoned Nurgle air.
    Beware that if you step on it again it resets.
    If you press the little 'i' on near you char name (bottom left) you will see all effects on your stats and what is modifying what, including armor resistance.

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Are people having problems jailbroken by any chance?
    Because it could be memory related and JB doesn't help for sure.

11. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Is it possible to farm/redo areas for more gear/xp/gold ?

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    If by areas you mean quests, yes, those are infinite.
    White quests are always different, red ones are the story ones so some parts will be the same, but you can replay them as well.

13. thommat

thommat Member

Mar 10, 2012
    How can i kick some heroes from my team?

14. dirtschmooz

dirtschmooz Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    as others have said, ditch the ‘your turn’ screen. looks awful and distracts from gameplay.

Also any option for fastforward on ui turn like first game?

Other than that great looking and fun game that can only get better

15. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Another suggestion..

Assuming enemies in other rooms can't enter your room on their own, perhaps when no enemies are in sight turn mode goes away so you can move as much as you like, once an enemy is in-sight it switches back to turn based?

16. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    #116 Bullwinkle, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    More UI fun: It appears that different towns have different locations. Not all towns have a trainer, for example. But when I tap on a town, all I get is flavour text, no list of town locations. So am I expected to memorize what's in each town? Really?

As strange an idea as that was, it is worlds better than this. At least I had a way of seeing items. Saying I can see them in the shop is only useful in the shop. Which I'm almost never in. And even there, I can't equip items.

Saying you don't carry that many items doesn't help, either. Look, here's an example. I just picked up the Amulet of Sea Gold. It says it's equippable by "EC, GS, SL, GG". That's all very nice, but I don't know what those stand for; I'm not familiar with the class names. So I have to memorize all four letter combinations, go into the party screen, look at each character and match it to the abbreviation. Now what happens if you couldn't remember which abbreviations were on the card? Too bad for you! Now you'll have to Inspect each character one by one, then tap on a slot, then hope you got one that matched the original abbreviation. Ridiculous.

What if I'd like to change who has an item? Here's the process:

Tap on the party icon.
    Scroll through the cards to find the character who has the item. (Don't remember who it is? Have fun finding them!)
    Tap on Inspect.
    Tap on the slot with the item.
    Tap Unequip.
    Tap Back.
    Scroll through the cards to find the character you want to give the item.
    Tap Inspect.
    Tap on the slot where you want to place the item.
    Scroll to the correct item.
    Tap Equip.
    Tap Back.
    Tap Back.

You have got to be ******* kidding me. This is genuinely the worst UI I've seen in any modern game in recent memory. I've been waiting for this game since 2013 and it's fighting me so much right now that I honestly don't want to play it.

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. I'll stick with the game because of my experiences with WHQ1. If I came to this game sight unseen? Deleted.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I agree the UI could of course be better but for me it doesn't spoil the game at all I can still happily play. It's just really some quality of life improvements it could use....especially since I like to micromanage.

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

hey Pitta, how many DLCs are there and how long is the base campaign (without any additional dlc purchase, i mean only the initial $4.99)?

19. Slaanesh

Slaanesh New Member

Oct 19, 2017
    What a shame, I had very much look forward to purchasing this game. I guess I will wait now until the bugs have been fixed and perhaps the UI has been improved, it does not sound intuitive at all. Without wishing to upset anyone I did question the wisdom of choosing beta testers who seemed to only praise the game, but what's done is done and I am sure the Perchang team has lit the candle at two ends to fix things.

When I am looking at this game in the app store I cannot see what IAP is included and the price? Is it just me? Could someone please be kind enough to tell me what they are and cost?

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Well I’m really sorry all this ruined all the fun for you.
    It doesn’t mimic my personal experience (over 50 hours now) AT ALL, hopefully you cope with that tough.

Anyway about the bomb, it’s explained in the help screen when you first find/equip it, can’t rember.
    You have to DRAG the red squares around.
    Be warned it has a range too (other AoE items do...didn’t use the bomb so I may be wrong) that you see outlined in red on the floor, so you can’t move it everywhere.