Universal Warhammer Quest 2 (By Perchang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #61 Nullzone, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Seconding what Pitta wrote already:
    Sorceress and Mage are the two spellcasters currently available. Both can focus on ranged attacks and support spells.
    Gladeguard and Captain can both use Bows. For the Captain, you get a Bomb that does ranged AoE damage during the tutorial. And, you can kit him out with Pistols too: that’s what I did with my all-Captain party, two guys with pistols (didn’t find enough for all 4) and two for melee; the Pistol guys were killer, often blasting a whole room to chunky bits before anyone got into melee range ;)

Slayer, Bloodknight, Greatsword are melee only.
    For the Vampire Bloodknight I saw a lot of great equipment that can turn him into a very tanky melee monster, ideal to deal with ambushes.

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For the ones with latest devices be sure to check the tons of little details Perchang infused the game with.

One of my favorite I only recently noticed?

Equip a ‘glowing’ spell (like Pain Word) on your sorceress near an Empire Captain with a shiny armour (like the full plate one or the Sigmar one)....and watch all the lighting reflecting on the armour and helm following all curves and recesses.....or cast the spell so it pass by two armoured men and watch.
    It something you notice only zoomed in (on iPhone at least, must be glorious on bid iPads Pro) but shows the attention to detail.

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I really feel for you guys that are having crash issues. ☹️ It will be of little comfort but I'm sure the devs are frantically trying to sort out the probs. Hopefully they will make a posting here soon.

In regards to the extra characters you can purchase.
    The beta testers only had access to them late in the beta. Unless you are a diehard gamer like Nullzone # you probably didn't have a lot of time properly testing them.
    I put about 5 hours into them and I felt that the default four characters were better. Personally I wouldn't sweat over getting them straight away. You are going to enjoy the game with just the original four.
    I would however recommend you get the area dlc asap. It opens up a lot more quests that you can access whenever you want.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #64 ste86uk, Oct 19, 2017
    So would it be viable to use both casters along with the Bloodknight and another? I prefer bows to pistols for me. But would 1 melee character be enough?

I love a tactical slow play and don't rush things, also love having more options to do different things and casters usually seem to be the most varied on these types of games.

Edit: and yes I'm still waiting for the download, it's looked like it's halfway forever! Good job I own a few anker battery packs.

5. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Thanks for that

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    So it works with iPad 4?

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #67 Nullzone, Oct 19, 2017
    The great thing is, everything works ;) I did an all melee-party, just as viable as an all-ranged.
    And with the awesome skill system, even the fighters have a ton of options and aren’t overshadowed by spellcasters’ versatility as usual.
    As I mentioned earlier, the only one that currently falls short in my opinion is the Greatsword.

However, I have to say that - with a few exceptions - in general range-focused is easier to play: if nothing can hit you because you shoot everything down that comes close, your survivability just increased by a huge margin :p
    And yes, it’s perfectly possible to have a tank focused on ranged attacks. Just like you can build a glass-cannon melee hero.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    An all mage party should be interesting.
    Probably harder at first but.....hmmmmm.

BTW there is one spot in the game where you will want to re create LOTR Balrog scene with Gandalf.

I know I did :)

9. Patros

Patros Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Stupid question...

Playing on my iPhone 6s (running 10.3.3 with no issues) but it is hard to read... I might have missed something but how do you level up?

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #70 stubbieoz, Oct 19, 2017
    You go to a town that has a Militia Headquarters, its a pinkish/purple icon with a cross. If you have gained enough exp you can level up with some gold.

And I also just had the missing character model graphic bug happen. Really disappointed they didn't fix that yet. #

There are also a couple of things I suggested to the devs but were not implemented.
    The inventory/merchant system is very clunky and you really need a pen and paper to keep a track of things. When going to a merchant you cannot compare weapons and items for sale with what your characters currently have. You have to exit the merchant screen, open your character screen, make a note of what everyone has, and then go back to the merchant and compare notes. I mean really?!...it's a 2017 game not a 1987 one.
    And also, if you use a potion or a bandage it doesn't show the current cooldown period, it just shows the original cooldown period. Not user friendly at all.

Sorry for the rant. I really like the game, but in some ways it is really in need of some tweaking. #

11. Patros

Patros Member

Oct 19, 2017
    I'll answer my own question: you need to visit the 2cnd town.

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I find myself reloading the game already when levelling up and getting poor stats for someone. I got str on my sorceress who I don't plan to use in melee.

I see in cities the other classes are for sale for gold? Is that only if you've purchased the IAP or can you get them for gold?

13. friscoltu959

friscoltu959 Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Iphone 6 plus. Ios 10.2.1. Same problem as other users. My game crashes after introduction...

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
  15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Hello everyone! Can anyone please tell me how to know the speed dexterity strength etc stats do where they are good effective at and where does slashing piercing etc damage and weapons are good against at? Is there a wiki for those things?

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #76 Nullzone, Oct 19, 2017
    I saw that, you know :p

Seconding what you wrote about the merchant system and the cooldowns. I’m reasonably certain they’ll address that in an upcoming update, after the worst kinks (like the current crashes) are worked out.
    They can only do so much, and reworking design flaws is harder than avoiding them from the start.

Re: Leveling up:
    I’d like to point out that you do not have to levelup your starting heroes.
    Sidenote: I made that a rule for my current game: no levelups while I have other options.
    You can hire new heroes with higher levels (and better stats, even) from the Inns. Yes, they look expensive at first. But, often they also come with great (read: rare and/or expensive) equipment. Levelup costs get high pretty fast, too.
    So frequently it’s more cost-effective to hire a new hero instead of leveling up *and* kitting out one you already have.
    Especially early on, I highly recommend to get another AP or two, same for equipment slots. E.g. another slot where you can put a great skill or item is worth more than a +1 to Strength or 5 more HP.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that you can also get new heroes as sidequest dungeon rewards.

Now that I think of it, it should be possible - but difficult, sure - to win the current campaigns with level 1s only. Have to try that sometime ;)

17. popcornpete

popcornpete Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Hello Everyone,

Pete from Perchang here. Thank you to everyone that has bought the game! We're really sorry to hear about the issues. Especially those of you that have not been able to start the game. From what everyone says it seems to be a memory issue caused by a combination of device and OS. An OS update *may* fix the issue if you can't wait for us to sort it out but I know that's not a great solution :-/

We have already submitted an update to apple. It is mainly small fixes and tweaks but it has an important crash fix and some memory savings. The update might fix the start up issue due to the memory savings but I'm not 100% at the moment as we're still investigating. We'll do our best to get another update out as soon as we can to fix everything that has been reported here.

We'll be checking back and reading this forum but if you want to speak to us directly about any of this stuff you can email [email protected]. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Pete

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #78 Nullzone, Oct 19, 2017
    I did the reload for better stat gains too in my games so far. I suggested to Perchang very early on (even before the Beta started) that they should just let us pick from a list. Really hope they do that in an update, and soon. Random statgain is a huge design flaw for this kind of game, at least in my book.

UPDATE: almost forgot, about the heroes for hire:
    You only can hire the DLC classes if you unlocked them via purchase. Don’t know if they don’t show up at all if you didn’t (as it was in the first beta build), or if they show with a lock (as it was later).

Same as above, I hope they add a manual asap.
    No Wiki so far ... hey, it just launched ;) I didn’t take my notes along on vacation, but definitely plan to write some guide stuff.

Let’s see...
    Damage types:
    Each enemy has a display with its resistances when you tap on it. As I wrote earlier, try to get at least 2 damage types on everyone (with some exceptions).

Stats:
    STR is for your melee damage, DEX for ranged (don’t know if it also adds tohit chance), INT for magic. SPD controls how often you get a free Deathblow extra attack. High SPD can get totally crazy: I tried a Speed-focused Greatsword. He very frequently scored 3+ Deathblows in a row, and often went as high as 6 or 7 on one attack, and a combined 10+ on two. Especially against all the low-HP enemies, SPD/Deathblow is the best you can get, even before high critchance. 5+ low-damage attacks that can crit are much better than a single high-damage one.

Also note that there are quite a few special weapons that e.g. use INT instead of STR for damage calc. If that is the case, it’s mentioned in the item description.

19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow! That was fast and very very helpful!!! Thank you so much!:D

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I don’t know.
    I’m firmly in the camp of random gains when levelling up.
    On of the best thing about the original boardgame and the two digital incarnations is (for me anyway) coping with what you have to save the day.
    I’m even the type of person that ditches the most powerful item for another one that’s better looking on my char, I never thought about reloading.

I would have never discovered some (killer) combos if it wasn’t for that....I would just have pumped STR in melee, DEX on archers, INT on mages.
    Then SPD on everyone because deathblow is too awesome
    Also...it’s random but NOT that random and you won’t end with a super intelligent Empire Captain anyway, and there are many items that switch stats or improve them.

For example...Elves can be incredible melee fighters, and the Dark self Sorceress can be insta kill a Minotaur with a special dagger.

Getting a new slot is a lot whole different than just a +1 stat or an extra AP.
    But all 3 are great if you think on how best use what you have.
    Also don’t underestimate INT on melee characters. Potion effectiveness depends on it, and Sigmar knows they need it when distant from the party, in the middle of the action.

Just my 2 cents....it’s what gives the game extreme diversity and replay ability.
    Also, it may be just random but I’ve noticed that if I have levelled up chars with just AP and slots (no stats)....soon an uber char (stat wise) appears on a tavern near you.

For reference I completed the game on level 6 without ever reloading.
    Now I’m level 7-8 and the game just got a LOT more intense for reason I won’t spoil (I like it difficult).