Warhammer: Arcane Magic (By TurboTapeGames)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SwipeNova, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    New video!

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Looks great! I can't hardly wait until "soon" to play it.

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I do hope a Slaan mage priest is in consideration for this.

Anyway, we do get all the lores in this game right?
    (Aside from faction specific ones.)

4. LoadingTurboTape

LoadingTurboTape Active Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Hey folks!

Fredrik from Turbo Tape here, taking over for Slem for a while, since he is in the very happy circumstances of having become a father! ;)

I've read through this tread now, thanks for all the support! I'll try to be as vigilant as Slem has been in the times ahead, and respond to your questions.

This is a short list of stuff that I have seen you've been asking so far, that I hope to shed some light on...

Release: It will be... soon... hehe. But seriously, really soon now, like really, really soon! In that we are nailing the date as I write, and that, barring any serious bugs emerging, the game is complete and ready!

Slaan: At launch we have two campaigns, Elven Ruins (in the Empire woods) and the Chaos Wastes. We're working on the first DLC already, and it will be set in Lustria! So, yes, Slaan mages priests will make it into the game before christmas, along with a couple of really cool monsters.

Price: We're going premium, at a (for iOS) fairly high price point. You'll get a lot for the money, though, and the game will in no way or form require any further purchases (at game start you have two wizards, a total of three is allowed in your adventuring party, but you will unlock two more, for a total of four, by completing campaigns). We will have IAPs as well, like someone mentioned they do it in Quest, e.g. you can buy yourself some super-cool wizards in case you want to try other flavors. All wizards have unique spells, so getting a new one should add a lot of replayability.

I think those three are the ones that needed updating since Espens last post... I'm here if you want to know more. And, oh! We just launched a stand alone website! Earlier it linked on to a sub page of turbotapegames.com. You now find us at arcanemagicgame.com! have a look, we'll try to update frequently.

5. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    Oh, forgot one!

It is in fact NOT an adaptation of the original game. It only bears the same name (and obviously share a lot of the theme - duh). But the gameplay is original.

6. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Fairly high price point + IAPs? That doesn't sit very well with me. Fairly high price point isn't necessarily the issue ( I have all FF titles and DQ series) if you're getting the whole shebang, but when you have to fork out more dough on expansions and more characters etc.

Hopefully you and I have a very different idea of what fairly high means and that the IAPs are reasonable

7. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    I totally understand where you're coming from, I think like that myself. Like I mentioned, the IAPs are far from needed to play the full game to completion, many times over. Through gameplay you will own more wizards than you can actually bring at one time.

The way we have reasoned is that we could have launched the game with no IAP options, and that would have been good. We saw the opportunity to make more nice characters, though. However, that has a cost for us that needs to be covered. So then, we feel it's better to actually include them for whoever wants to buy them, than to force them on everyone by further increasing the price, or omitting them all together, which would be good for nobody. :)

PS: We JUST uploaded two gameplay videos showing how the game plays on iPad and iPhone! Have a look! Hope you like it!

iPhone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtYUZJ_Zmy4
    iPad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDiSM3QjEGE

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Please be iOS 7 compatible.

Other than that I'm anticipating this release.

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Soooo this week kinda soon?:rolleyes:

10. Dongmaster

Dongmaster Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    My favorite games are just like that, Warhammer Quest, Armageddon, and Deathwatch - premium with optional stuff that I always buy.

I was scared this game would be free with horrific IAP, but now that it isn't, support you I will.

One question, is there a RPG element through cards or stats?

Och skål för böveln!

11. PocApp Studios

PocApp Studios Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    Looks well-made! I like the music!

Goodluck!
    Tim

12. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    Thanks for the kind words, guys.

The cat is out of the bag, BTW... Launch has been announced for July 28th. So next Tuesday!!

- Not really RPG elements, yet. Basically, you acquire wizards and load them up with lore spells that you unlock as you play.
    - iOS 8. Sry.
    - Yeah, very happy with the music! Those of you who have followed us for a while probably know that we're pretty passionate about that \m/

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Really looking forward to buying this when it releases, hopefully tomorrow night at 11.

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Well it's July 28 where I am

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, since we didn't see the normal regional roll out release, I think we'll see it released simultaneously world wide whenever TurboTape pushes the button. They are based out of Western Norway, so it will be during their business hours.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    it's coming up to 5am there, so here's hoping they're early risers!

17. Seigman

Seigman Member

Jan 6, 2014
  18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011