Universal Warhammer 40000: Regicide (By Hammerfall Publishing Global)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 19, 2016.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #101 syntheticvoid, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    **yeah I just need to zoom in and pay attention...

But an option to click on enemies and see where they could move would be a very welcome addition.

2. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Hope the devs are still on here. But I think to make this game an a+ game we need the following things: All the purchased stuff needs to be offline. There needs to be away to toggle off the voices of the characters like the steam version. The grenade throwing controls on here are terrible. Once you press on the screen you can't choose not to and it gets mixed up with the camera cobtrols. Once you select an enemy unit you should be able to see their corresponding chess name and their movement options.

That's about it I think. I think it's great already greatvbut just needs be more polished and it will be perfect.

And maybe a graphics option so it doesn't kill your battery so fast:)

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks! I was referring to how it sounds like the IAP is only useable online vs offline which seems strange? Is this true? I am very new to the warhammer universe games but if the IAP are additional class characters (not sure of term) it would be great if you could use them both online and offline...?

4. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sorry if this is a stupid question... but is there any way to see what abilities do before selecting them and using them in battle?

In the ability select screen, you can outfit your abilities, but there doesn't seem to be anything telling you what each icon does... unless I'm missing something, we have to equip an ability, then select it in battle before we can read what it does.

5. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I knew it. That is the reason that some games will never be as good on a touch screen as they are on a PC with mouse and keyboard.

6. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Lockups

Getting a lot of lookups in first mission campaign. Down to last Ork. Enemy turn just sits there never takes his turn. Or every time I try to restart in the middle just says loading never gets there. Frustrating. Original iPad Air 128gb. Half empty. Latest iOS 9.3 1

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I keep wanting to come back to this... Right now, I've cleared the first 10 campaign missions, and it's really starting to click with me. I know my posts might make it sound like I've got a lot of issues with this one, but they're all really minor things.

I've realized that you can scroll down in the mission info to see what pieces are going to be placed where, and the grenade controls don't bother me as much any more...

Not knowing abilities is still something I'm trying to get with... But I dunno...

I might just wind up picking it up on Steam, as it seems more suited for Desktop play... I guess we'll see... But right now, my thoughts about the game are mainly positive. Enough to think about double dipping. =o)

8. DarknessFell

DarknessFell Active Member

Jun 22, 2013
    I'm really enjoying this even though i'm not really into chess # i do have a question though: how to buy new abilities? I have 165 skill points and cant see a way to use them.

9. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Totally addicted to this game. My only problem is that it's a plug and play game on my 5s. One game in campaign uses >30% of my battery. I just ordered a 6s Plus. Anyone playing on that? How's battery consumption there? Until mine arrives, I have to be plugged in to play.

10. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    I've never really enjoyed chess and, as a result, never been particularly good at it. Or maybe the other way around.

But this mix of chess, W40K and bloody, visceral violence just clicks. I think I've just played more chess in the last 3 days than I have in the last 10 years.

IAPs available in offline mode would be the only thing to make me happier.

11. DarknessFell

DarknessFell Active Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Somebody help please :D

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Is there loot / equipment to find and equip?

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #113 syntheticvoid, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    no.

there are abilities that you can choose to bring into 'battle' with you, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to buy new ones.

**edit**

I just read this on a Steam forum...

I haven't leveled up enough to unlock a new rank yet... =o/
    I'll get on it though!

14. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Thinking of getting this to teach my 6 year old son to play chess. How is classic pass and play?

15. dalglir

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Although the close up kill cam can be turned off, some parents might think the 'finishing moves' are a bit too visceral for a 6 year old. The board is usually covered with several patches of gore by the end of a game, including classic chess.

Otherwise, the AI difficulty can be gently increased from 'I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING' for beginner players ;) (works for me) and pass and play works perfectly well.

16. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    i'm soooo on the fence about this game. Someone give me a reason to buy it!

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Aside from all the reasons already listed?

I can't come up with any... If a sort of... Experimental chess game is something you'd be interested in, and don't have an issue dealing with the nuances (grenade control for example), then it's something you'll probably enjoy.

18. dalglir

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    From my perspective, it's worth it just for the classic chess mode:

It's the bloody and visceral next-gen Battlechess I didn't know I was waiting for. It's chess with 'finishing moves'. It's chess with a 'kill cam'. It's chess set in the brutal and unforgiving universe of the Imperium of Man. It's chess where Space Marines and Terminators battle Orks with boltguns, chainsaws and psychic attacks with a joyous and well animated variety of ways of turning your opponents into a large and lumpy red stain on the board.

It is glorious.

19. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #119 Son of Anarchy, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    I was just able to unlock the last three items in the store (an Ork faction, a map and the second campaign) for use in offline mode. So I'm very happy again with this. I don't know why it was possible now and not earlier, the other factions (purchased while online) still don't get recognised offline but I'm happy to earn those with points, something to aim for. Just thought I'd leave that info here for anyone who cares.

+ an update just came out.

20. clownaveli

clownaveli New Member

Jul 15, 2013
    I heard that if you buy this game before the end of May you get some free IAP. Is that true. I haven't seen any thing official about it. I'll Probably pick this up this weekend either way