Universal Warhammer 40000: Regicide (By Hammerfall Publishing Global)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 19, 2016.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I simply tapped unlock.

Regarding the others being free, perhaps it's just the PC version.

2. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    When you open the game, there is an information Comm-Link on the first screen. It says that the 'New' DLC is free till May 30 and lists the last three items in the store - a faction, a map and a campaign. You should be able to currently get them free by tapping unlock.

@lilneo it also says a fix for not being able to access Spanish language is coming.

3. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    The DlC should be free until May 30 but all the priced factions give a 'there was an error processing your request' message. Only the last 3 dlc's in the list could be unlocked. Did I miss something?

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    As mentioned above your post, the game actually mentions that only the new DLC is free (and it is), but the devs post over here indicates that all DLC should be free (but that could be just on PC, coinciding with the PC sale)

5. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Yeah, can't download DLC either, get the error. This should be clarified, don't want it to be a little pissed about my purchase as I thought I could download the dlc. It's not uncommon to get deals like this early on!

6. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Spelling mistake in tutorial. Should be press on the Ork not press of the Ork.

7. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #67 Son of Anarchy, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    I didn't know before downloading that anything was going to be free, so those extras are a bonus. I know the devs post here seems to say it'd all be free but I don't think that's what he meant. Think he meant just the new stuff that actually is free.

You can also purchase the other factions with the points you earn by playing, I reckon it'd take about two days for each one. I'm guessing the 'error' message just means you don't have enough points yet. Besides that, they're only a dollar each.

I just bought them all anyway because the game really is fantastic, it's basically two different games in one (Classic and Regicide) and both are just as fun as the other. It could've been a horror fest full of consumable iap, but it isn't, and I'm thankful for that. One of the best games I've bought in ages.

8. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Could you elaborate?

As Steam version is only 4.99 and should have all the DLC for free, and the game takes at least 1Gb of my scarce iPad memory, I'd be inclined to buy it on my laptop first.
    And maybe later on the iPad, if the DLC are cloud saved somehow, and I get rid of some games.

I like this type of games better on the iPad for its convenience tbh.
    Anyone has played the PC version and the iPad one and could compare?

9. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Unable to access free DLC from the Australian store, anyone have any luck?

10. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    If you're sure the factions can be unlocked by playing I have no problems with the possibility of a payed shortcut. Personally I prefer the slow path as an incentive to dive into the the game. Thanks for clarifying.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Downloading in iTunes now. It says that the size is 1.1GB on the app info page, but the download is actually saying 555mb. I always thought the figure on the app info page was the download size..

12. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #72 Son of Anarchy, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Definitely can confirm that. If you create an online multiplayer account, each faction costs 6000 'points' each. Without the account, each one costs 6500 each for some reason. After playing two skirmishes and the first mission of the campaign, I had 400 points, so not too bad.

If you 'dive in' and play around with everything included in the base game + the free extras, I think you'd easily be able to unlock new stuff long before you'd even need it.

13. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    For me (as some already said) gives an error message when trying to unlock the "free" stuff so maybe it's something to do with the "online side" of the sale. Anyway no big deal because I already bought all the iaps. It's such a good game that is a steal at the initial price. I ve tried almost all the Warhammer games (except the free to play) and this one aside with Warhammer Quest and Armageddon feels so much at home!
    I like that is so much accessible and interesting even for the not chess lovers.
    Just decent!!!

14. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Managed to download the last three IAP's for free after playing one skirmish scenario, offline, so all good here

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    After install it's 1.0 GB.

16. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Luckystrikeguy2 is my name if anyone wants to play a match or two. So excited to get my rusty chess skills a spin. Remember that you can castle to protect your king from enemy fire. So far the ultramarines are my favorite faction. What about you guys ?

17. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Didn't see an answer but can anyone confirm game can be saved mid game??

18. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
  19. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Please drop it to ios 8 if you don't need an ios 9 feature specifically. Many of us refuse to go to ios 9, even though the GC bug has supposedly been fixed now.

20. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Supposedly? It is fixed.