Universal Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade (by Pixel Toys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    There's a lot of Iap but doesn't seem like it's needed to finish the game, looks like Iap is for purchasing skins and colours which if you really want to build more custom parts, besides that it's not intended for anything else.

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Decent parts and continues, too. And "loyalty rank" bonuses.

I bought the beginners pack for three legendary supply drops. And the £5 pack last night primarily for x (3?) epic parts.

Make a big difference (!)

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ok, I'm back in, found a reason to play now. Great game.

4. sabre31

sabre31 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    No you don't but you are missing the point. My point is I don't mind spending money on games but single player games with endless IAP is a bad idea and what is wrong with mobile gaming.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Where do you see those in the store? I never saw a beginner's pack that I can remember. The £5 pack is the Warpbane Pack with 5 purple Epic items that they offer today, I assume?
    Still on the fence about buying it: looks nice enough, and I don't mind dropping some more money on the devs. But so far I am doing good enough without buying anything. Even got lucky with a drop or forge and got a nice Epic item from it.

6. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Works great on my phone, but is consistently crashing on the iPad Air.

I can only get in by turning off wifi, though when I turn it on, it crashes.
    I can't tell if it has a device sync or not as the games crashes immediately on Facebook login

D

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I'm on an Air1 too, iOS 9.1. While I get the rare occasional crash, overall it works fine.
    As I use Gamecenter, it could well be the Facebook login. Did you try with GC if that works?
    Are you jailbroken? iOS version?

8. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Has anyone noticed that the difficulty of missions you can repeat jumps when you go back to them? I'm finding timed missions in chapter 1/2 that weren't timed before.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Yes, that is the "Tier 2" of missions I keep referring to. Per "Stage" if you will, you get 2 missions: 1 "Campaign", which is the first you play. And another with a different name matching its theme (e.g. "Storm" for a fast time-limited mission).
    These are shown on the left of the mission screen. You can tap them to change missions.

You did notice that those are a lot harder than the Campaign missions?

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Anyone know why my iPhone doesn pick up cloud saves but every time I load my ipad it sees the old iphone level?
    I decline that cloud save, play on my ipad some more and when I load the phone back up, doesn't even register a cloud save. I've linked with FB and GC but nothing for the phone to pick up my latest save from ipad...
    Anyone have any reason or know how to fix?

11. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    9.1 here too
    No jailbreak
    But crashes soon after I enable wifi

12. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I hesitated on this game for a week or so. Obviously we've seen a great deal of Warhammer games lately and only one has really grabbed my attention. But after further investigation I realized Pixel Toys was the Dev behind Gunfinger. Another random game that I really enjoyed. Both this and Gunfinger have IAP's that you can purchase or avoid a bit with grinding. However with this Warhammer game I've found that buying a few upgrades (items) has really made the game a lot more enjoyable. I'm sure at this point in the thread everyone is trying to work through the levels. But I just wanted to put my cents in as I'm really enjoying the game as a whole.

13. Spartyfan6262

Jan 4, 2015
    Which upgrade pack did you buy?

14. Spartyfan6262

Jan 4, 2015
    Thanks Nullzone. Now I see the option to change back and forth. Think this will make a huge difference. Time for me to get an IAP to support the devs.

15. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I saw it asked earlier but didn't see a response - does anyone know how to activate the carapace weapon? I find myself accidentally using it but not sure what I'm doing to activate it. Thanks.

16. Spartyfan6262

Jan 4, 2015
    I think that one is activated with a quick double tap.

17. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Ill try that. Thanks!

18. The Grey Knight

The Grey Knight Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2014
    it looks like once you hit level 15 you dont get to watch videos for bonuses or speed up repairs.
    And my first weekly quest was a really bad one for a new player.

19. abazigal

abazigal Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2013

My phone gets warm, but never uncomfortably so. Don't think it's anything to worry about. The metal casing is there to dissipate heat, after all.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I have only seen the limited time IAP once, anyone seen more pop up?