Universal Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade (by Pixel Toys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Someone explain to me how multiplayer works please. Should I be shooting the enemy knight or shooting the little peons on the ground??

2. CampbellXL

CampbellXL Member

Jun 27, 2014
    You've prolly long quit by now, but here's the deal on fighting multiplayer. The idea is to generate the most fury before the charge attack happens. You can gain fury by shooting NPCs, modified by your valor gear's generation stat. You can also shoot the enemy PC to do damage and decrease his fury. I like to try and shoot enemies near my opponent to steal their kills - but just do what it takes to get more.

If you have more fury, the fist/melee icon will be mostly/all blue and you'll get a chance to perform a melee attack. If not, you just get hit for a lot.

Rinse/repeat until someone wins.

My question is how the heck is matchmaking supposed to work? I played for a few weeks and enjoyed 2 multiplayer seasons where I would have equal or less powerful opponents. Yay me. Usually would get me to Top 15% or better.

Now, with Season 18, everything is a total ball-breaker. Way more powerful than me. I figured I had some sort of Match maker rating that put me up with too hard competition regardless of re-scans, and went on a major losing streak. I proudly because worst of 25000 people or something. I managed to get one equally matched opponent, which I won and that immediately boosted me to Top 50%.

I'm guessing the game is completely dead causing matchmaking to be also totally broken? I'm only 2 tokens away from that Chaos Knight thing which sounded fun, but not if my progress in multi is just impossible now.

3. Fordonian

Fordonian New Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Progress lost after update

Hi all,

Seen a few posts about losing progress and things not being sorted to do with cloud saves. The app update two days ago and then wouldn't load, it got stuck at the screen with the two logos before crashing. I've seen some people say using their device offline worked but having tried several things, I scrubbed it and reinstalled and when I went back in it worked, but I was back the very beginning but all my purchases and things from drops (emblems, liveries etc) are still there to the point I've a level 1 knight now but after hitting restore purchases, it has a middle launcher on. What hasn't been kept is anything I've won through events such as liveries.

Has anyone else had similar and found a way to fix it or is that it and I have to go from near enough scratch? I've seen the FAQ post of "we can't help" with regards to the loss of a saved game but I've also seen others say that tech support has helped them. I've logged a ticket and updated that but... no response from Pixeltoys other than the automated standard.

4. Medugal

Medugal New Member

Dec 16, 2016
    For the last month or so I have been unable to connect to the server for Events or Multiplayer. I reset my iPhone (not jailbroken), losing my Knight, it still doesn't work. I installed it on a friend's phone... it also doesn't work on that iPhone.

Any ideas?

5. Medugal

Medugal New Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Reading through the thread it looks like this is an ongoing issue. I contacted Pixel, I guess I'll keep hacking away at the single-player until I can get my color scheme back and take a bunch of pics so that I can paint a real GW one :(

6. Nemiez84

Nemiez84 New Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Multiplayer

Is anyone else having trouble with multiplayer? It was working fine but now when I go to select my opponent it crashing right before it lists the players.

7. Major Disappointment

Dec 31, 2016
    Oh Well

I have tried playing your game for over a week and got to Lvl 25. But the constant game crashes before, during and after completing missions coupled with the game crashing anytime I tried to watch a video ( which meant no repairs, no bonuses, no extra salvage drop, no extra patrols, no swapping out players in Multiplayer,)plus completed items disappearing from the forge when you go to retrieve them, have overshadowed any good points.

Speaking of Multiplayer, when I did play I ended up 0-8 for the 30 odd battles i started (lots of crashes!) yet I was still matched against Knights up to 10 levels higher that me and always 200+ points more powerful sometimes over 1000 points higher. I am at a loss to explain how this can be expected to be fun for anyone whether they understand the game mechanics or not.

Anywho, was excited to find this game as I am a big 40k fan, but have now deleted it without spending any money to support your product as the constant crashes have become to frustrating to put up with.

Best of luck, I hope you get some new Gerbils to power the server and this game achieves better results than I experienced.

P.s. I noticed the game never ever crashed when an Ad popped up asking me to spend money on your product. Well Played!!!:)

8. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Daily Reward Bug

Every day I get this:

Daily Reward
    Cannot connect to game server. Please check your network connection.

Needless to say, my connection is fine and all other aspects of the game continue to work, but I can NEVER collect my daily reward.

Please fix this bug, it's been going on for months.

9. tcsnake23

tcsnake23 New Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Stuck in mission

Hi. i'm stuck on mission 4 chapter 4 "Overwhelmed ". Knight is not advanced. i kill all enemy that apear in the begining of mission and knight is not moved. He just stay there like a fool.

10. Medugal

Medugal New Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Yeah I'm getting the same. As of a few days ago I've been able to connect with the Daily Event... but only after a few tries. I can get to the selection screen fine, once I click on it I very quickly have to hit "DEPLOY" or else I get sent back to the main menu.

I don't get my rewards, however there are many Quests that require you to complete Events.

I have sent emails and Facebook messages to Pixel, I only heard back once asking me to describe the problem, then nothing after that. in their FAQ's they have a section about cheaters being banned, I hope I was not somehow banned. I don't cheat, but I'd been doing well at Events, getting Top 5%/ 10% a couple times...

11. SneakyGumbo

SneakyGumbo New Member

Jan 10, 2017
    Yeah my biggest problem is making an item in the Forge and being told it's done only to go get it and there is nothing there. All resources are back to where they were before. I scrapped all low level items yesterday and my inventory was empty. I forged an Epic time that had a time of 1 hour and 30 mins. Went to bed and everything is right back in my inventory and no item. this happens a lot when I forge and leave the game. Getting lame real fast. Also, cheap forums, they should be broken down in to different sections, i.e. help section, feedback, mulitplayer and such. Great game concept, shitty execution.

12. Medugal

Medugal New Member

Dec 16, 2016
    I've been trying to forge a "Warden" style helm and despite forging 15 of them, have not been able to get one

https://i.imgur.com/gUU4yj1.jpg

Do you have to be at a certain level to get this one? I feel like I had it before Lv 43 last time... man I wish I hadn't reinstalled

13. yoothreepio

yoothreepio Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Well, what an odd year it's been. After giving up on getting any answer from Pixel Toys about my account being locked down, since none of my emails or phone calls or bulletin-board messages had been answered, my final message got through to actual humans and...after determining that I indeed had not been cheating, I got my account fully restored.

On top of that, when I pointed out that I'd basically been locked out of half the game's lifetime for reasons beyond my control and could have made 1,000 gold during each of the 10 months I'd lost, they sent 10,000 gold. Plus 5,000 valor tokens for multiplayer and 15 relics to unlock Chaos Knights. Color me impressed.

Anyhow, I never quite thought I'd be writing this, but...I'm back. And I would STRONGLY recommend that anyone unable to connect to multiplayer or Events as I was email the following people:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Now, if I could just figure out a way to more routinely raise Pixel Toys staff again for suggestions, like letting people designate and save combinations of wargear as preset Knight loadouts, or increasing the game's item capacity now that people have to forge and assemble multiplayer as well as single-player and Event lineups...

14. Skyrar_Darkwolf

Skyrar_Darkwolf New Member

May 10, 2017
    Becareful

love getting double purchases and making a purchase with no items received.. and try to contact them through face book. and facebook wont send it. and they dont respond from direct contact. hmm another micro screw ya game.

15. Lechain

Lechain New Member

May 27, 2017
    Gameroom

In the facebook Gameroom version of Warhammer freeblade there is a bug that makes the whole screen pink and prevents people from playing. Can you look into it and Find a SOLUTION?

16. Blaine

Blaine New Member

May 18, 2016
    UK
    Am i the only one who cant connect to game sever on iphone, i have restarted my phone and router still nothing,

17. RWM1974

RWM1974 New Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Valour Chests and Valour Medals...

Hi everyone, first post! Loving the game though a little frustrated!!

Despite not always being given Medals when wining in one on one combat... I've just "Spent" 300 Valour Medals on 5 chests to be given only 3. I'm also finding that I trend to receive a lot of revive awards more than anything else and when I do receive Wargear, it's of a really low value and practically useless. The Forge is also of interest too; when I've forged an item using nothing but Valour Items, I'm returned with Wargear with no Valour at all.

Are others also experiencing this?

18. Mikebass

Mikebass Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Not happy

Warning guys, since the latest update the game has been starting up from the very beginning
    Last few time a message option comes up to reload saved position from icloud
    But today it did not happen. I have lost everything 2 years worth.
    I can still download my perchases but nothing else

I’m still in shock

19. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Have these issues been resolved yet? I see a number of similar complaints in the App Store reviews. However, there have been recent updates for the game, so maybe all is well. Maybe?
    I've been playing for a few months now, and would hate to lose my progress. Plus, there's a good in-app sale with my name on it, but I don't want to part with cash if the data loss problems still exist. Any official word?

For what it's worth, I love this rail-shooter. It's pretty spectacular on a 12" iPad.