Universal Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade (by Pixel Toys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Well, the first hour in this game is real joy, but then comes f2p with all its arsenal. Thats to much, I think.

2. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    lol same here...
    double tap or something ? or i think i don't even have the shoulder mounted weapon installed yet?

3. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I take it this game doesn't run correctly unless you have a 6S or 6S+? I only get about 30 seconds into the game before it crashes in the exact same spot every time on my 6+. Sucks cause the game looks like it could be fun... Oh well...

4. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I have an iPad Air and at least for me the game looks great and runs fine. I haven't even had one crash.
    On the other hand, I've made it past the second campaign but still need medals to unlock the third and I'm finding it really tough to earn the ones I still need. Either I get killed or can't destroy enough enemies in the allotted time. I keep upgrading or forging equipment but the timers just SUCK when forging.
    I understand that the dev will probably make more $$$ making this game f2p because of whales and such but it just seems like there could be some middle ground for those of us who would just rather buy once and be done. There MUST be some reasonably fair way to do it.
    GOTW, ok, I can see that. But the f2p elements with the timers are abundant and definitely hinder you. It's just a shame. Between this and the awful Zodiac fiasco it's been kind of a sad week for iOS gaming.

5. wilyone

wilyone Active Member

Nov 7, 2012
    It gets you to the end of Ch 2/start of Ch 3. Maybe others are much better at this than I am, but I was hoping the starter pack would go farther than that.

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #86 Nullzone, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    I'd like to know that as well. I thought it's doubletap, too. But doesnt't work reliably for me, so I guess it's something else.
    I think I got the Carapace/shoulder weapon after Ch.1, but didn't pay enough attention to remember the exact spot/time.

Other than that:
    I play at a pretty leisurely pace, rarely more than 15-20 minutes in one go. Like this, the timers are almost not noticeable.
    Chapter 3 and the second tier Ch.2 missions are tough, A lot of my equipment needs upgrading. But it's not much of a problem. I move forward at a not too fast, but steady pace. Perfectly acceptable for my playstyle.

When you play without Internet connection, you don't get the video ads all the time.
    And if you are willing to take it a bit slower, so far it looks perfectly doable without IAP. I bought the smallest gold pack because I prefer to pay for my games. If I play longterm, I will drop some more. As a premium game, this could easily be 15-20 bucks. The quality is definitely there.

7. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I have nothing against F2P but after more than an hour of gameplay I found that this game is turning into pay to win. In my opinion the graphics are cool and so is the combat system, but having to pay to progress is anything but gaming for me.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So why not make a purchase I mean the devs have to eat too? Or are you saying it will be endless purchasing?

9. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I know the majority of gamers won't agree but for me only games I can complete are fun, the rest of them being time wasters. I don't think investing 15 or 20€ will guarantee that I will complete the game but will make it more easy to progress, in which point I wonder what fun could I have. So in my opinion a game with this pay model (buy something to progress without having the possibility to purchase the whole game at a fair price) isn't worth my time. Warhammer Quest and Deathwatch were very good premium games and iAP were optional and I guess I had too much hope for this one as well.
    Also I apologize for my initial rating, it was disrespectful for players who like the game as it is.

10. sabre31

sabre31 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    I don't mind making purchases but the issue with these IAP games or most of them is that they are developed to be an endless pit. You can spend 50 or even 100 and it won't be enough to finish the game. And yes I have spend probably 500 by now in clash of clans but that is mostly because of the friends I have in clans. It would be ok if they made these freemium game where you spend 50 and it gives you enough and no need to spend more but they are intentionally developed to be a cash pit.

11. banjankri

banjankri New Member

May 18, 2012
    Neat game. Plays a bit like a tech demo for force touch, but it's cool to see developers continuing to explore what can be done on mobile.

Gameplay is a bit shallow (point at the things to make them die. Point a lot harder to make them die faster)

Being constantly asked to watch a video, inform friends on Facebook that I'm playing, or pony up cash to unlock some gadget or something really detracts from the experience.

I haven't hit a point yet where I feel like I *need* to pay to progress, so that's balanced.

I do feel like it has its digital fingers in my pocket every couple of minutes, which makes me disinclined to continue.

I'll buy $5 worth of something or other to support the obviously heavy development investment and will probably delete it by the end of the week.

Worth playing even to just see what the 6s hardware is capable of.

12. sabre31

sabre31 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    Clash of clans is build around social gaming this game is not. My point is games like this should not have endless pit of IAP. Different concept.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Well, despite the F2P stuff that I typically don't like, I wanted to check this out anyway. But I keep getting crashes on my Mini 2. First couldn't get past the intro. Now it crashes towards what I assume to be the end of the first mission.

Anyone else having issues on the Mini 2?

14. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Completely agree,turning a non-social game like this into f2p fest is a bad idea.

15. flashsuper

flashsuper Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Yeah I have iPad Air 2 and I've gotten 2 crashes so far.

16. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I read someone early on saying it crashed on their iPad Air but on mine it runs fine. Maybe something with OS version?

17. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    The only thing I don't like about this game is that it's a pain to go back and repeat missions because it requires equipment I need to forge. That makes no sense, as I already completed the mission once already. I feel like the game is preventing me from grinding to progress.

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @spartyfan:
    Odd, I didn't see that yet, just started Ch.4.
    Can you give a specific example with Chapter, mission number and name?

Do you mean the 2nd tier missions that appear later in the chapters? Those are a lot tougher than tier 1, no surprise they require better equipment.

19. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Sure. I'm currently on the third group of Campaign missions. If I try to replay the last two missions of Campaign set 2, at least two of my gear slots show up as red, and the text notes that I either have wargear that isn't ranked high enough, or it prompts me to create more equipment in the forge.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    That would be Chapter 2 - Arboreal Assault, correct?
    Can you give the exact name of (sub)mission? Like this:
    The last one I can play with a Wargear Score of 465 is Ch.2, The Nobz, submission 2 Storm.
    I also completed Ch.3 Tier1 all missions with this. But cannot play any of the Ch.3 Tier 2 ones yet. I'll need to upgrade my Chainsword for that, which I'll do after my current round of forging.