Universal Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade (by Pixel Toys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Kiwiklown

Kiwiklown Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Are you using phone or iPad, the reason I say this because I'm on my iPad which does not have a SIM card, the updates I use the personal hotspot on my phone...

2. kirokatashi

kirokatashi Member

Apr 11, 2016
    iPhone, and I was able to get wifi and update. The competant quest was replaced with a quest to increase wargear rating, which then cleared when I made exemplar on an event. Strange, but I am not complaining. Does the game seem laggier to anyone else?

3. yoothreepio

yoothreepio Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Well, I was all excited by this whole competent-quest fix, for about an hour and a half...right up until I effectively got competent-quested again, by a simple quest to complete three daily challenges. Which, thanks to this two-week-old NFCA-2 server error, I CAN'T EVEN PLAY.

Thanks, PixelToys.

I'm not sure what's worse of the two theories that come to mind on this thing: that I and some untold number of other Freeblade players are stuck in some kind of space Guantanamo where we're simply ignored if we protest the Kafkaesque decision that put us there, or that there's some kind of general issue Johnny and the other developers haven't mentioned affecting an entire region.

I keep telling myself they'll fix it, but it's hard to hold much optimism when they haven't even had the common decency to reply to my queries. Suffice it to say that if patrol-loot nerfing, forge-quest bukkake and competent-questing are any indication, it'll probably take a while.

4. Maximusursus

Maximusursus Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Haven't been able to find any legendary since the update.. More than 50 visits to felfurion, still nothing. :(

Guess I was lucky the first times or something else happened with the chances of getting legendaries.

5. yoothreepio

Jan 6, 2016
    #945 yoothreepio, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    That's the thing -- wargear rewards from campaign missions are based on diminishing returns. You can get three or four pretty easily, but that's just about all you'll ever get...which is pretty much the one thing standing in the way of being able to routinely forge legendaries, since every *other* input can readily be drawn from patrols. There's always the possibility that what'll make a 350 right now might make a 365 after the level cap rises, so I've had that much less incentive to make anything.

It's the kind of thing I'd ask Johnny to fix if, you know, Freeblade didn't always have some kind of hideous face-eating bug (like events and all other server-based activities being unavailable to an unknown number of people, myself included)...

6. DirtyKnifeY2K

DirtyKnifeY2K New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Level 399 Orange weapons (???)

Hi guys, I've been playing & spending (wasting) $$$ this game for about a year now. My knight is up to 385 level weapons & gear.
    After playing for so long I've been just noticing top 10 global list of players and I see that those guys have their weapons up to 399
    How's that achievable? From what I've been reading here & out of experience the way to get best weapons is forgery. I've had 2 opened slots and that's been more than enough. Should I buy more slots? I've wasted 3-4 350+ orange items just to experience and see if I'll get something higher than 350 orange without luck. I was thinking that because my 350 orange items were forged when it said "300 minimum" output and 100% of times they came out all 350..
    I've made this sound way too complicated.. :eek:
    Can you guys clarify this for me?
    How in the hell do I obtain 385 orange items???

7. DirtyKnifeY2K

DirtyKnifeY2K New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    #947 DirtyKnifeY2K, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    "Putin"
    [​IMG]

8. Maximusursus

Maximusursus Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Hey mate, I once thought like you, that the 399 items could be obtained via 6-slot forging - but that's not the case.

The only way to get a 399 item is to get a 364 item and upgrade it.

The only way to get a 364 item is not by forging or questing or buying packs, but only from winning events (and I believe not even daily events, only Tier-50 ones which last 3 days).

So, you must be:
    1. Prepared in terms of equipment (upgraded 350s to 385s is the way to go, like you did)
    2. Experienced enough, in order to get to the top players and reach those 364 level rewards
    3. Lucky enough not to stumble upon cheaters, whose scores will topple your hard earned score

That's probably the case for now - so happy hunting!!

9. kirokatashi

kirokatashi Member

Apr 11, 2016
    I don't understand how the forge works. A 210, 195, and 190 makes a 175? It makes no sense.

10. Maximusursus

Maximusursus Member

Apr 28, 2016
    It's all part of the risk actually, like when I'm forging 5 items level 300 and have an almost 40% chance to get a 300 level again, instead of a 350 level one.

Trial and error :p

11. TeddyZ

TeddyZ Active Member

Dec 29, 2015
    kirokatashi, you might hit a forge level cap. Getting more medals in the campaigns as well as patrols to unlock new chapters will raise the cap.

12. Biggusshootus

Biggusshootus Member

May 14, 2016
    #952 Biggusshootus, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Freeblade is behaving oddly today - is it just for me or is anyone else seeing the same ?

When I opened the game this morning and again this evening my wargear set up had changed - I default to using the lightning cannon, but on both occasions today it had reset to a gattling gun.

And on my daily and tier V events today I'm getting no option to re-run the events for a second time by watching a video - the only option is to spend gold. Videos are working on other screens, so I know I'm connected to the server.

Was working fine yesterday, and I haven't installed any new versions of the game. Any thoughts ?

At least my "free with a video" 2nd Salvage Team resulted in a legendary item today :)

13. qetuol

qetuol Member

May 29, 2016
    Regarding to the last mission, Retribution: is the lightning cannon dropped from the Daemon upon killing him? or is it given to you after you watch the end cinematic? Im asking because i dont want to watch the whole end cinematics before restrating the mission. Can i restart the mission right away after killing the demon, if i see nothing dropping from him?

14. Maximusursus

Maximusursus Member

Apr 28, 2016
    It is dropped after you kill him unfortunately, I was also testing this to find out if I can skip all these cinematics but it doesn't appear in the "drops" mode when you pause, only after the whole mission is complete.

The same applies to Nekkruncha.

15. qetuol

qetuol Member

May 29, 2016
    ah sh!t. thanks for the confirmation. i have probably missed some lightning cannons already :DDD

16. yoothreepio

Jan 6, 2016
    I've been waiting for a response from PixelToys to being kicked out of events and daily rewards without explanation, but I think my patience is finally at an end -- it has been ONE FULL MONTH since I emailed the game's support address and privately messaged Johnny here. If I could readily find a phone number for the company I'd have called now, but it's not on their website which says something in itself.

As much as I'd been hoping to avoid it, I think I'll have to visit my bank next week and file chargebacks on all of my Freeblade in-app purchases because they're worthless in a game which is no longer supported. Of course, I'd reconsider doing so if anybody deigned to respond to me...but I'll believe it when I see it.

17. tryblinking

tryblinking Active Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Chargebacks? I seriously didn't realise that was a thing. Great idea. Maybe a few more people could be persuaded to do the same.

18. qetuol

qetuol Member

May 29, 2016
    anyone knows when is the multiplayer coming?

19. chrifpa

chrifpa New Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Is there a trick to winning the Lightning Cannon in Retribution? Must've played the level like 100 times, never got it.

20. kirokatashi

kirokatashi Member

Apr 11, 2016
    If I finish a tiered event, then level up and get locked out of it, do I still get the reward?