Universal Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade (by Pixel Toys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Nov 5, 2015.

1. yoothreepio

yoothreepio Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    It'll happen, generally when you least expect it, but you're right -- the drop chances for oranges like the lightning cannon are ridiculously abysmal, especially given how crucial this mission is to both unlocking the weapon type for forging and providing legendary prerequisite items for forging 350s. Making the cutscenes unskippable merely adds insult to injury.

I don't know whether the solution is higher-level patrol loot (which, frankly, is still at the pre-nerf standard from level-45 patrols despite the gradual difficulty increase) or liberalizing the forge enough that putting in six purple 300s yields something more than a potentially orange 300, but something desperately needs to be done. Of course, something desperately needs to be done about competent-questing, event lockouts, event cheating, event rewards and improvements to forging overall, but odds are PixelToys is focused on multiplayer this month...which means next month it'll be focused on multiplayer fixes, and we won't see any of this addressed until August at the earliest.

2. Maximusursus

Maximusursus Member

Apr 28, 2016
    First of all thanks so much for the help, really appreciated! :)

Yeah I've noticed that too for my gauntlet, had to farm him almost 30-40 times to get it. I've been used to this since Diablo, but the thing is that it gets boring easily when only 2 levels allow you to seriously have a chance for legendaries.

Also about the 350 cap, that's too bad.. Always thought the 6-level forge would give me the boost for getting 364s.. It seems I have to get the 350s, upgrade them, get better at events (avoiding the cheating you mention is in the hands of Pixeltoys, they must have hit a massive bug wall with Android - that's probably why we don't hear anything from Johnny the last weeks) and then have a chance at getting them.

Seems like a long trip but oh well, until I get there I suppose multiplayer and other additions will already be a part of the game :eek: :p

Of course I am competent quested :p
    But that's also bad, considering the fact that these progress quests would make the game even better if we were given an "impossible" task (i.e. Slay 10.000 chaos) but the reward would be a legendary item..!

Yeah I've seen that too.. Already got 3 legendaries from these salvage drops and it seems someone forgot how to math with the supply drops :p

I have the Kraken emblem always on (also gives 10% better chance on finding crates) and the Lightning cannon is free to get at the last quest (if I am not mistaken), so I wouldn't spend it in the Heavenly Lightning, guess I'll go like you with the gold - if I am not bored in the process.. :eek:

3. qetuol

qetuol Member

May 29, 2016
    anyone experiences some achievements not completing? I have already completed many achievement, but some are just stuck. for example destroying 100 airborne vehicles by autocannon is still on 92% no matter how many i destroy? any sugestion? i signed in to google play out and in many times...

4. Biggusshootus

Biggusshootus Member

May 14, 2016
    Had this once related to using a Stubber, but the game wouldn't register any kills - just stayed at 0. Fortunately this was one of the timed quests that reset itself, and subsequent similar quests have counted kills correctly.

Still not seeing any new "game progress" quests - just a "more quests coming soon" message, but my daily "achieve competent in an event" that was't working has finally gone away - I had a "post a photo" quest this morning.

5. Maximusursus

Maximusursus Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Just got it with my 4th attempt, really not doing anything special, just focusing on the demon and killing him quickly.. I guess it's only a matter of time before you too get it.

I also got almost 30 tries to get the gauntlet, but afterwards I get one every almost 10 tries.

6. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I'm on 49 lvl, weapons are 300+, and I can't beat final level with the demon. Can anyone share strategies and weapon stats?
    Right now I'm just being overwhelmed with the amount of missiles thrown at me. It's impossible to neutralize grenades, rockets and fireballs at the same time.

7. Kiwiklown

Kiwiklown Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Beating that demon I used an upgraded 300 level melta gun, and battle cannon for the marines and rhinos, melta gun for the demon and fire balls the prick fires out,

As for that lightning cannon, I'm up to attempt 40 odd, it's giving me the poops badly lol,

But what I have found is I have 5 forge slots, putting in one 350 legendary and topping up with 250-300 epic and rare items is giving me 350 legendary items as long as the Orange is substantially more than the purple, couple more days and I will hopefully be finished and await the next 6 months-2 years for death wing, space hulk to appear!!!!

8. Maximusursus

Maximusursus Member

Apr 28, 2016
    I have a 350 level melta gun, a 315 level autocannon and a 300 level battle cannon - I simply use all of them on the demon, not focusing on the others at all, simply waiting for him to get to my chainsword range and finishing him off after that. If you are quick enough he doesn't have the chance to deal that much damage to you, the longer you prolong it (hitting the minions for example), the easier it is for him to kill you.

9. Maximusursus

Maximusursus Member

Apr 28, 2016
    #929 Maximusursus, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Wtf, another 4 tries - another lightning cannon! Guess this chapter favors me :D

Edit: Just tried another 16 times and got another one :)

10. Kiwiklown

Kiwiklown Member

Mar 5, 2016
    You are a show off....lol

11. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Is it impossible to buy the heavenly lightning pack currently?

12. Kiwiklown

Kiwiklown Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Finally got that elusive lightning cannon!!! All we need now is more campaigns!

13. Maximusursus

Maximusursus Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Nice one!! :D:D

Do you fancy it? I am leaning towards the classic old battle cannon.. :eek:

14. qetuol

qetuol Member

May 29, 2016
    #934 qetuol, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    sorry, you have misunderstood me... i dont mean the _quests_ from the game. i mean the _achievements_ from the game, which are connected to the google android play platform...

15. Biggusshootus

Biggusshootus Member

May 14, 2016
    Ahhh - see what you mean. I have one of these achievement activities that won't register - "stubber slaughter - kill 8 enemies without relenting or overheating" (perhaps a theme with my set up and stubbers ?). All the other achievements seem to be registering OK...but I'm on an iPAD not Android.

If anyone on here knows how to link an iPAD user account on Freeblade to an Android device so I can play on both it would be interesting.... :)

16. Kiwiklown

Kiwiklown Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Battle cannon and melta gun will always be my favourite, but then thermal cannon and stubber is effective as well, this lightning cannon arcs out a bit too much, more concentrated fire on larger targets would be better.....not that I'm complaining or anything

17. WobblyGoblin

WobblyGoblin Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Hey Kiwi. Any chance of giving a more precise example as I'm struggling to recreate this? I have all 6 slots open and I can't get legendary 350s without burning 2 legendary (one of which needs to be 350 and the other quite high) which is a little limiting! I've tried sticking in a legendary 350 and lower purples but the best I get is a legendary 300 with about a 60% chance. Maybe the forge gets worse after slot 6 is unlocked.

The forge really is just something to be used very rarely or to clear quests for endgamers. When I've saved up a couple of 350 legendaries I will burn them trying to get one with a bonus I want but that is very rare. Other than that I don't use the forge.

It would be better if the forge could actually be used to improve what you put in rather than being less than the sum of the parts of the gear you burn. I would constantly use the forge if I could put in blues to make a purple, purples to make an orange etc. As it is I have to commit mainly purples to make another purple of the same level which is pointless.

18. yoothreepio

yoothreepio Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    #938 yoothreepio, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    So I see that a hotfix version of Freeblade just released, which apparently fixes competent-questing...it's helpful, although at this point I'm far more severely affected by the NFCA-2 connection error that's barred me from playing in events or getting daily rewards for the last two weeks. I don't even know if it's a personal issue for the players affected or a server-wide failure, because I haven't heard anyone here say they can't play events -- honestly, it's frustrating because I also don't even know what I've lost the chance to compete for, let alone whether I'd have gotten a legendary weapon during the past 15 days of rewards I've missed.

Given how long this has been going on, and how integral it is to Freeblade even having an endgame, I'm starting to think it's reasonable for those affected to request some form of flat compensation for the in-game economic opportunities they've been denied. Me, I *know* I pull down at least 100 gold a week from events alone, and I haven't gotten a response to the email I sent when this first happened or the PM I sent Johnny out here for lack of an official Freeblade forum...

19. Kiwiklown

Kiwiklown Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Maybe drop the 6th slot?? And insert only 1 legendary, after that you have to muck around with the purples and blues, prior to discovering this I was forging purples constantly at 300, as you were, inserted a legendary that I did not want to do as it would have been a waste or so I thought, make no mistake though if those two lines are remotely close to each other you will forge a purple, you need something like a 60-40 with the Orange, and aside from writing everything down that is about as much as I can give you, I have made a 350 battle cannon, melta gun and thermal cannon like this

20. kirokatashi

kirokatashi Member

Apr 11, 2016
    I am away from any wifi source so I can't update (damn 100 mb update limits when not on wifi). What bugs were fixed, what weren't, and what new ones came up?