Universal Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Tyranid Invasion (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 15, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Firstly I'm playing on my air 2 and it works perfect with no trouble at all, I may try on my 5s but feeling like it doesn't sync?

Anyway I'm only about 6/7 missions in and really liking it, I play pretty slow and cautious setting up overwatch perimeters on pretty much every turn. Got a veteran blood angel and a champion space wolf so far so both are in my team and I removed a ultramarine that I started with....even though his abilities sound good, just adding variety for now until I know what's what.

Looking forward to playing more, so far my only small gripe is that even on the air 2 the loading times occasionally feel pretty long. But that could be because many games are near instant now.

Anyone using plasma weapons? Put off by the overheat chance, besides so far stat wise they don't seem worth the risk.

Last question is, is there a level limit or limit to health ect? Sometimes unsure if I should do health or accuracy or crit and it seems it'll be limited so the choice will be important. So far I've done a little accuracy for most and health for the assault.

2. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Sorry guys, I was a sleep. I'm here all day now to answer your questions but if you do encounter any bugs please send them to [email protected] so we can verify, log and fix them accordingly.

The loading times are on the long side, this is something we'll look to address.

Plasma weapons are risk reward, if you've got high accuracy the over charge ability is lethal! Dumping all your AP into one mega shot.

The level limit is over 100, I had a level 107 marine before I had to swap him out for someone with more potential.

3. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    #143 RodeoMatthew, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    You can pitch the camera down by using 2 fingers and dragging it up or down. You can achieve the view pitta posted in the screenshot earlier. While the game always defaults to an overhead view every time you enter a new mission, the pitch you set is carried across each turn (including enemies).

I missed the MIFI bit, I know you can stream it using apple TV and play (one of the beta testers had to play like this) but I don't think we support mifi controllers.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the reply, off to bed now but I'll leave you with a few questions. I'm sure it mentioned resetting my units, can I reset the stats I've improved to be able to re distribute or once I've chosen that's it? If so how important are the stat choices between health, crit and accuracy? Started saving for abilities and traits now though instead.

Do the units come with set abilities and traits and there's just a lot of different units or are they randomly generated?

Last one is just does the game save over iCloud or GC or anything for playing on multiple devices?

5. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Yeah, the mega shot kicks butt, but when it fails you're screwed. I have a complicated love-hate-relationship to plasma weapons... ;-)

6. Cobaltus

Cobaltus Member

Jun 9, 2015
    I am playing it but I do not see any multiplayer PvP options. Are they in there and if so how does it work? Thanks.

7. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Each has there own merits. Your assault marines benefit from health, devastators from crit and everyone needs accuracy. There is no hard reset but you can find marines of the same class and level them differently.

There are veriations of nearly all of the marines which have different abilities, the abilities aren't randomised on these but the marine you get might be one of a select few for that type. If that makes sense? You can tell because they'll have different portrait pictures on their character cards.

Sadly, there is no iCloud support at this time.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    NOW THESE ARE SOME BADASS TRAILERS!!!!

If you need reasons to buy the game, just watch them.

For the ones curious, I almost always play the game with these visuals (I use bird view at the start for strategic option in maps filled with dead spots).

Launch Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

9. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Noooooo no iCloud. I e just spent the last hour and a half playing ony retina mini thinking I could just take my phone to work with me and carry on where I left off o_O
    that sucks but I guess I'll just have to have to saves on the go. one for at home and one for out and about.
    absolutely loving the game tho.
    one gripe there needs to be some indication of when you have enough to xp to level up because right now I'm having to press on each marine to check how much xp they have. unless I'm missing something obvious?

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    No iCloud was a recent sad discovery for me too...I hope they will manage to add it soon.

But yeah, the game is great.

Not sure what you are asking, each Marine has different XPs (they get XP killing enemies and a fraction when OTHER Marine kill enemies).
    During gameplay it's the number in the bottom row (so you know how much you will lose when the Carnifex tears apart your Marine :p), in the armory it's somewhere...each skill requires different XPs (which are PER MARINE, they aren't shared).
    But probably I understood your question wrong!!!

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Matthew, if you can upload one trailer in the AppStore (right now there are just screenshots).

They are really great!!!!

12. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    @RodeoMatthew
    I wish the chainsword melee made some revving sounds or something when it's being used to attack with.

Any plans for it in the future?

13. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford

So when its time to level up, the box should 'pulsate' and there will be an arrow. This occurs on all boxes when you've got enough xp. Is this not clear enough?

14. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    We've got a sound, my guess is that its bugged. Thanks for the heads up.

15. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Awesome, good to know it's only a bug. Just doesn't feel right. :)

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I have a love-hate relationship with plasma weapons too.
    I have to say that when full powered (even using AP auspex gear) they really KICK ASS.

And then again....the tier 3 and tier 4 plasma weapons, with those glowing light effects...looks SO FREAKING COOL in the shadows of an alien starship....I can't say no.

17. Dongmaster

Dongmaster Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    If you have played the miniature game, plasma is a hero or a villain depending on your roll. ;)

I have only played through the "tutorial" so far to try it out (intend to finish Armageddon and Spartan strike first), and the music, atmosphere and first class graphics (running flawlessly on an iPad Air 2) just screams quality game to me. So developers out there, this is the game you should aspire to when you design your games.

It shows how good games on the IOS can look like.

And I have a brand new Mac with over a dozen awesome games just collecting dust atm because playing on the iPad is just that better.

18. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    yeah I see the box pulsate after you've already clicked on a marine but I felt like there should be some indication on the page where all your marines are listed. because I'm having to click on each marines portrait to check if he can level up. unless it's not working right for me. I'm playing on retina mini and iPhone 5s both iOS 8.3.
    it's not a big deal would just save me having to look at each marines profile to check how much xp he has.

19. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    This is good feedback, thanks. I'll pass it all a long.

We appreciate everything you guys say, as you are our audience its good to know what we can do to make your experience better.

20. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Just bought the game, no support for ios 9 for now, crashes on launch on iPhone 6+. Hope it will come soon, was eager to play.