Universal Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Tyranid Invasion (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 15, 2015.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I got it. Pull with both thumbs down to get the angled view. Back up with both for top down.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm curious about this too, and asked a few pages back.

3. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #123 ScotDamn, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    You're right, I was speaking more generally regarding a games graphics. I can't speak on this games depth as I'm only 3 missions in. You got your standard overwatch of course, but also abilities for each type of unit. And then for different abilities for weapons. Also like WQ your units are upgradeable by spending xp on 3 main stats: Health, Accuracy, and Critical.

I found WQ to have plenty of strategy involved. I only played on high difficulty though as the other two were indeed much too easy with little punishment for death. It was hardly a walk in the park. If a unit dies in this, they lose any unspent experience points but I think that's it. I'm not sure if there are any other difficulty settings yet.

4. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    On any given turn, you can move, shoot, use s weapons ability, or set a point to overwatch. It all seems to revolve around action point system with moving one space equaling one point. Attacking once being one AP - unless it's a heavy weapon which uses two AP to attack. As long as you have one AP left you can set a unit to overwatch.

Sorry I'm not very far in, just trying to answer some questions where I can.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Still very enlightening, so thanks!

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmm it plays like hunter 2

7. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011

Cool. But does the angled view, which I am assuming you mean isometric view. Does it stay that way -- or every time you move, shoot or do anything -- does it return back to that ugly default overhead view?

8. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Guess it doesn't support iOS 9

9. meowthefox

meowthefox Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Extremely worth the wait. I think I'm in love <3

Thank you Rodeo Games!!

10. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Yes, but as I feared, slow and klunky, curious how it performs on Air/mini. Shakes and stutters on iPad4. Outside of the fact that it performs poorly, it's almost as if the gameplay is intentionally slow. Either way, a turn speed option might make it feel less tedious.

11. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    At least u can play it :/

12. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Ipad 4 is minimum, I suspect it will not run smooth, further the demand for ios 8. Glad I resisted the urge to upgrade ios for this game..irreversible upgrade.

Hope new iPad models arrive soon this year. I'm curious also on someone asking if the isometric view stays that way throughout after "moving 2 fingers" up/ down or one has to do that everytime

13. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #133 skoptic, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Isometric view is persistent in a mission.. i.e. Set it, and play.... Doesn't reset itself every move. looks like it does reset between missions, but is a swipe fix, no menus involved.

14. RedHanded

RedHanded Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Errr...

Stuck on the title screen! Is it too much for my iPad 4 running iOS 8.4?!? Anyone else has this problem?!? :(

15. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Had the same problem on my mini retina. I shut off my iPad for a few minutes then rebooted the game. Took a little longer than usual, say 25ish seconds and now it works like a charm. Hope you have similar luck

16. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Is the first card pack random or static? I ask because I got a tier 4 marine and a tier 4 weapon to boot. Not sure if it was luck or just a standard, can anyone else comment?

17. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    I got the same for finishing the prologue, and then there was some dialogue in the next mission with the level 4 marine...maybe intentional?

18. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Only played the first couple of missions so far and loving it. This is exactly the game I've been waiting for rodeo to make, same simple but brilliant controls and gameplay as hunters but with a 40k theme. Can't wait to get further into it and start getting some custom space marines.
    Also can't wait to see if we'll be getting some dlc/iap for new missions and enemy's long live this game.

19. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Its random. You just got real lucky! I've had all tier 1 stuff before.

20. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    How long did you wait for? The first load can sometimes take a little while. Let me know!