Universal Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Tyranid Invasion (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 15, 2015.

1. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    You buy card packs to get new marines and wargear. That is totally optional, because you get all that be just playing the game. It's for the impatient ones...

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    LOL!!! How much more do you need man?

3. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    There's more than 38 marines, there are 'alts' of some of the classes which have different abilities and traits, its closer to 50 including these, but as they are not 'unique' they're not counted.

If you include all the abilities in Wargear as we did originally, there's over 200. But there's actually 151 equip-able items.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    You can buy packs of cards if for some reason you want to unlock everything without actually playing.

Cards are items or Marines, and you unlock them playing (they are random).
    Completing missions gives you 1 card and points.
    Completing a chapter gives you a pack of 3 cards.
    Every 100 points you can buy also a pack of 3 cards (1 is guaranteed to be tier 2 or better).
    (You earn points just by doing missions or selling stuff you do not need/want).

It is a premium game, do not fear.
    I played almost all campaign and unlocked a ton of things...it's a collector paradise.
    High level items and marines are SO COOL in game.

The better the level is, the better the graphics and effects.

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Believe me, it will take serious time to unlock everything.
    Not to mention each Marine, especially higher tiers, have many skills to unlock (strictly by playing and earning XPs, you can't buy your way out).

Actually, content wise, the game is MASSIVE.

But if you are saying you want already new campaigns filled with new gears and Marines or higher tiers of everything....I second that.
    I'll give Rodeo just some days to recover crunch mode before bombing them with requests :p

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This is honestly the smartest IAP system I have seen. Awesome!

7. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    OMG you are like a librarian!

8. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    He is Brother Pitta! The Emperors Finest! ;-)

Honour your chapter!

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hi Bother Vogelmann.
    I expect you in the multiplayer training room as soon as tomorrow :)

10. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    I hope so. I will need a ton of training before I will beat you finally one day!

11. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Honor your chapter!

12. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Ok from watching the video I can tell there was a lot of thought and effort put into how you get things. Looks like everyplay through has meaning. And it looks damn good. Might buy a pack or two to support the devs.

I notice I didn't see the multiplayer right from the start do you have to get to a certain point before it unlocks ?

Come on 11 o clock lets go

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Can't wait to get this, sadly it's too big to download while at work so I'll have to wait until tomorrow but then I'm not going to play anything else.

Wanted to pick up Heroki the other day but thought I'll wait because I don't want to get into it and stop to play this. I loved WHQ and really liked Hunters although not as much as WHQ. But really can't wait for this, sounds like it'll take me much longer to gear up too.

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I love turn based games! However I've never played a single Warhammer game or read a book. I wonder how that would affect the gameplay for me. Some games like FF dimensions won't really catch you if you don't know the source material.

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I think you have to complete the prologue for the Multiplayer to unlock.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    You do not need to know anything.
    The game is pretty good in setting the right WH40K mood even to non fans (I'm more of an Alien fan than WH40K, not that into the lore).
    The game sports even many many dialogues between marines that really give you a wonderful idea of the world.
    if you like scifi and Alien the movie, chances are you will like this.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Honestly other than having collected Warhammer for a while when I was a teenager I know next to nothing about Warhammer lore ect and it doesn't matter for these games. If you like the look of the theme that's all that matters really.

Also do yourself a favour and get Warhammer Quest if you've never had it and like turn based games. But of course get this first since its newer! But WHQ is possibly my favourite iOS TBS

18. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I think I'll hold out for "Arcane Magic". I'm seeing character models that are almost cut n paste from Hunters 2.

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    How does the game compare to WHQ in tactical variety and width and depth (and possibly height) of strategy? What mechanical complications, options and considerations apply in combat? Simply, what can I do at any given time with any given character, and what impact does it have in my effectiveness in battle? :)

(The Hunters franchise, where the only options available at any given time where attack, overwatch or move, didn't last many battles on my device. WHQ offered more width, thanks to the character abilities and spells, but was still on the sparse side for my TBS tastes, in spite of all the atmosphere and polish, thanks to lack of terrain modifiers, few if any situational bonuses, rigid board placement, and that what ability to use in what situation was usually a given, with little room for improvisation.)

20. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    This looks awesome!!! Getting it!