Universal Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Tyranid Invasion (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 15, 2015.

1. azogzog

azogzog New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Thanks for the comprehensive answer, i happened to pull a lone wolf and another t4 tactical ultra so i'll adjust my team !

2. jimjom

jimjom Member

Nov 30, 2015
    #3562 jimjom, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    On normal the apothecaries (both the t2's and the T4) can pull their weight and help dishing the damage, but on veteran and heroic, they'll fall awfully short when it comes to killing. Personally i've never missed their healingabilities: triage (on some T3 marines) and regenerative implants (on some T4's) plus a stray medkits should be fine. DamagePREVENTION is the name of the game so better to avoid damage than to heal up.
    When it comes down to it, i'd rather do *lots* more damage (Tier for tier, a Tac or Assault will do lots more damage than an Apot): kill first ask questions later is my motto when it comes to xenos ;)
    But again, personal pref, might be plenty ppl who enjoy the supportingunits

On a general note, you'll be wanting T3 marines at a MINIMUM, so the T2 apothecaries are a no-go anyway (on Vet and Heroic, on Normal anything goes)

3. subego

subego Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Taking my Blood Angels through Heroic right now.

The ironic surprise is it's Tyranid Warriors kicking my ass. Any three given Marines just barely put out enough damage in a single turn to kill one. On top of it, Blood Angels have poor long range weapons, so I get pretty roughed up along the way.

I'm going to need to set up better ambushes, and start using the +40/-10 buff if I want to get through this.

4. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Makes sense. I'll probably drop the Apothecary. He's not leveled up much yet. Thanks!!

5. subego

subego Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Well, the Blood Angels finally have an advantage.

I've refined the grinding for Heroic A2.M1 down to 3 marines on overwatch. So, only 12 taps to set up a turn, and no manual kills... just like before the patch!

I say it's a Blood Angel strategy, because you will get slowly chewed up. You'll get hit with Warp Blasts, you'll fail to one-shot a termagant, and they'll shoot back, or, worst case scenario, the overwatch bug will kick in.

Since the Blood Angels heal on a kill, I can handle these sorts of shenanigans indefinitely.

6. inuse78

inuse78 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    save file and file sharing

Hi all. Haven't played in ages and trying to install my old save game.

How do you add an old save game? I'm in itunes, gone to Apps, scrolled down to Deathwatch. In the 'Deathwatch Documents' on the right side of the screen, there's a folder called 'Deathwatch Game'.

but I can't see how to remove the current save.
    If I click add file and add my save, it just sits outside of the folder. (as show in screenshot)

How do you move save files?

Attached Files:

7. vladswe

vladswe Active Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Well, found my new favorite map to grind xp (and some requisition points) on: Veteran 5-4. About 10 rounds of genestealers attacking mindlessly, easy setup on overwatch and not too affected by the overwatch bug. Roughly 2000-3000 xp per marine per (quick) playthrough on fast forward. Can really recommend it.

8. Ragnar Blackmane

Ragnar Blackmane Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    I think I downloaded something called ifunbox on my computer which lets you more easily manipulate the files in the folder and replace the save when you plug your iPhone in. I couldn't work out how to do it on iTunes...

9. inuse78

inuse78 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    #3569 inuse78, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Edit: yes! Ifunbox works!

10. subego

subego Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I thought having a Blood Angel team meant I was screwed when I got to Heroic, but I'm pleased to report they're doing well, they just play very differently.

You'd think the choice of swapping out a Devastator for an... Apothecary has "team wipeout" written all over it, but then you put together Charge plus Adrenaline Rush is 11 AP. This is the best scout in the game.

By "scout" I mean "trigger non-spawning enemies and lure them into an ambush".

Likewise, gaunts aren't nuisances, they're healing potions. I just have to hunt them down and shoot them first.

We'll see how it goes. I'm on act IV now, I'm only nervous about the last mission of act IX.

11. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    How many acts are there, is it 9?

I'm sure these are old gripes, but to me this game is a solid four star game that could've been a five star game. I think WHQ was a five star game. There are aspects of the game that are too frustrating:
    -- Deaths are too costly. It takes SO many points to attain some of the costlier skills that once you start accumulating them, you want to do nothing but grind on "safe" boards so you don't put those points at risk.
    -- Leveling up a new soldier takes too much grinding. After opening up a bunch of skills, when you get a higher rank soldier from a pack, you really don't want to swap in the new character in without having to grind like crazy to get that character caught up.
    -- Too much grinding. See the items above. :)

12. subego

subego Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I like grinding, so this is one of my favorite games ever. :)

OTOH, replacing marines you've leveled is annoying. If you really like the game, I highly recommend buying a few 30-packs of cards ASAP, so all that grinding you need to do gets done to marines you want to keep.

It is 9 acts total.

13. vladswe

vladswe Active Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Or, find a map which you can complete easily and quickly which gives both xp and requisition points. Profit.

14. subego

subego Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Unfortunately, that still puts you in a position where you're grinding marines you're ultimately going to get rid of. I like grinding, but I don't like it that much. :)

15. azogzog

azogzog New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Finally finished heroic, the lone wolf I found midway made it look like normal again and a medusa right after downright activated god mode. Funny enough the lone wolf was the only guy dying in heroic on the last mission because of a missclick.

I thought it'd be a grandiose ending but nope, got a t2 lascannon and a boring as usual card pack. I'd have liked to start back from scratch with a new team but my 4 tyrannic vets and 2 sternguards on the bench are full of nope.

16. Asphyxion

Asphyxion New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Just fimished on Heroic too. The Lone Wolf is ridiculous with the right gear.

Setup for entire Heroic was:
    Lone Wolf: Medusa(rw), Frostskull's Strengh(mw)(2x feral agility)
    2x BE tactical champions: Molok's Gift
    1x BE tactical champion: Death Pride
    Master of Relics: Triplex Alpha

The BE tacticals are easily the best due to the 40% passive crit which the Lone Wolf also has. I got Sternguards and shit but they got nothing on t3 BE tacticals. The Master of Relics sucked at the start but became a heavy hitter at the end when he got more xp, he was the lowbie in the team. The Lone wolf became a beast with the power fist since he got 2x feral agility and would sometimes be able to cross the entire map in a turn.

In the last mission I killed everything in 1 turn mostly with at least one of my heavy hitters not even needing to do anything since both the Lone Wolf and Master of Relics can finish off a Hive tyrant in one shot if it's below 50%.

Sadly I got a Xenos Slayer and not a Doom of Behemoth on the last mission. Would want to see the Master of Relics with the t4 plasma cannon. I further believe that the Long Fang Ancient can be amazing due when using Heimdalls Spear but I haven't had the luck of finding a Long Fang. But they have both Beast Slayer and Dead Eye shot which is crazy.

The Deaths Pride is only good for the AP reduction rly so could have used a lower tier there for 100% accuracy. And using a tyrannic war veteran or wolf guard for the grav gun only. I find all Blood Angels tier 4 to be vastly inferior. The only good BE unit is the t3 tactical, just due to 40% crit rly.

17. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I completed Normal and then went ahead on Veteran. I've hit a bug now twice, after finishing A1M2 and again on A1M3, it didn't acknowledge that it was completed on Veteran and wouldn't let me go to the next mission. I had to do it again to move on. Anyone else have this?

18. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Game seems to be completely forgotten by devs. Bugs, patch with bug, f2p lottery model, grinding all the time. Nice one, next time remember me to never buy a game again from you.

19. subego

subego Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Of those issues, only the patch/abandonment bugs me.

I love grinding, and I think their f2p model is actually really good. The only reason to buy packs is you're enjoying and playing the hell out of it. If you're enjoying and playing the hell out of it, Rodeo deserves the bump.

20. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    It really seems like Rodeo has abandoned Deathwatch. No multiplayer, no content updates, not even bug fixing updates. This is so sad. Such a great game and no update love. I would gladly pay for a new campaign or something like random skirmish missions. It's just a shame...