Warhammer: 40,000 Deathwatch Tyranid Invasion (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoMatthew, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    That must be recent additions to the fluff. I can't actually imagine any other space marine chapter master aspiring to be like any other.

I really like the chapters in the Badab War myself. Most of them are so much more interesting than GW's showcase chapters ... I love the Minotaurs personally. The whole idea of an enforcer chapter designed to bring other space marine chapters to heel and also rumoured to be made from heretical gene seed is just too cool. I have a Space Marine army that is basically a spin off of the Minotaurs ... same colour scheme, similar background but a different name and iconography.

2. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    They're aren't 1000 chapters in the Deathwatch though :/

3. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Very true.

Please don't take my whinging as serious criticism though. Your game looks spectacular and after the great experience I had with Warhammer Quest, I'll definitely be picking it up.

You guys should seriously inject your own space marine chapter into the game, though. Not sure if GW's lawyers will allow it but if you can, you really should. :)

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There's always going to be the showcase and more popular ones to draw people in.

Either way these guys haven't let me down yet and I can't wait for this. The WH theme is just so much better for me than the Hunters theme because I know it.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Wavelight: Not that recent. Codex Space Marines, 5th Edition (2008) . Check here:
    http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Ultramarines#Quotes
    I like the WH40K universe, and especially the good fanfiction flying around out there. Not playing the tabletop myself. My personal favorite are the Kriegers, but I don't think we'll see those in Deathwatch.

@Rodeo: Same from me. Ultrasmurf or not, looks great.
    And if I remember my lore right, Marines from every chapter join the Deathwatch.
    Would love to see Black Templars ;)

6. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Its not actually every chapter in the imperium, there are a few main ones which donate the most units, Blood Angels, Ultramarines, Space Wolves and Dark Angels and then others which donate units such as White Scars, Ironhands, Raven Guard. Then there are the smaller chapters which donate token units and some units which used to donate, no longer exist.

Trying to fit all of these in you'd have about 400 individual units in the game, judging by how many we've got, compared to how many that are possible, our character artist would have a break down!

Its good to know you guys want more obscure chapters in the game though, even if the Marines themselves aren't from those chapters, we've definitely got nods to them in game.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @RodeoMatthew: No worries, I'm well aware of the limitations in game design, be it tabletop or digital. I know it's not easily - if at all - doable for you folks to include more than a handful of Chapters. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if GW gave you clear requirements on what to bring into the game.

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    It'd be kind of cool to see a Marine in the Deathwatch from a Chapter that's gone renegade. For example, Soul Drinkers or Astral Claws.

9. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    And today we get a picture with a release date.....

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #110 Nullzone, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    AFAIK the Soul Drinkers were declared Traitors (with capital T indeed) a few thousand years ago by the Inquisition.
    I don't know - and couldn't find - when exactly the Astral Claws went renegade.
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Badab_War says that war took place between 901.M41 and 913.M41. Sometime after they turned to Chaos, happily romping around in their version of the Eye of Terror.
    A bit of a stretch, but depending on the timeframe of Deathwatch they could show up.

11. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    The Closed Beta invites are actually going out today!

Its a secret though ;)

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I can't even remember if there was a signup for that in here now? Pretty sure if there was I would have.

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
  14. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Its a closed beta, so its groups of people who had all previously signed up. There maybe some scope to open it up further once we iron out all of the teething problems.

15. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Haha nice.

Hanging on my space hulk game still, will love to support this but as I do not intend to update to ios8 on my ipad4, I hope new iPads are released this year so I can upgrade my game/ work console..

16. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    They've released a new iPad each year for 6 years now, I think its safe to assume a new one is likely to come out this year also.

17. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Hi Matthew,

I received my beta invite and created a HockeyApp account as requested, but when will the actual beta begin?

18. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Early next week hopefully, we've just got a few issues so sort out first.

No character card today either sadly, its been full steam ahead.

19. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Can't wait. Thanks Matt!!!

20. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    it's almost "MID" next week. COME ON BETA!!!