Warhammer: 40,000 Deathwatch Tyranid Invasion (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoMatthew, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    The first Character Card was the Blood Angels Devastator with Plasma Cannon!

2. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Cool. Will this be brutal and gory or is that a given ? Lol

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Honestly I have to admit for some reason I enjoyed WHQ more than the Hunters games but I think that's mainly down to the Warhammer theme and RPG elements along with that theme.

But even if it's more like Hunters than WHQ I still can't wait to play as those are great games too and this looks great.

4. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

5. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    If it's in line with the 40k background, I imagine it'll be very gory. I mean considering that they still choose to use swords and chain saws in a world full of guns, laser weapons and plasma cannons. Also, I think your average space marine has decapitated and butchered more things than the entire roster of Mortal Kombat combined.

6. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Oh come on, heavy bolter is way cooler. Have you guys seen Rock Johnson in G.I.Joe or Furious 7? I just love the scenes where he fires heavy machine guns. Deep inside I must be an Ork.

7. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Still not as cool as firing super charged plasma at your enemies and melting them into a pile of goo

8. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Goo doesn't seem very attractive as battle trophy.

Oh I'm so curious about the loot system!

9. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Yeah? Not sure how much I can reveal. But I can confirm, there is a loot system :)

10. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Hi Everyone,

Friday once more, which means it's time to reveal another Character Post Card!

This week features the revered Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard.

Epitomising the nobility and honour of the Blood Angels, these gold-armoured warriors embody the legacy of Sanguinius as no others can. They are the most elite Veterans of the Blood Angels.

Wearing the iconic 'Death Mask' which is said to be modelled on the features of Sanguinius himself, the Sanguinary Guard strike fear into the hearts of the most fearsome enemies.

They are unstoppable fighters, whose individual deeds are recorded as Chapter legend. Such adept warriors are ideal for the ranks of the Deathwatch!

Honour your chapter...

[​IMG]

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    So cool.

What's written on the right feet?

12. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    I just love Fridays

13. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Release date ?

14. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Looks like Gloria from a guess.

15. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    This summer, I can't give an exact date. We wouldn't want to release something we weren't happy with so I guess the answer is, when its ready :)

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Looking forward today!!!

17. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Hi Everyone!

Another Friday is upon us which means it's time to reveal a new character post card!

This week we reveal one of the most unique members of the Deathwatch, the Ultramarines Apothecary.

Fulfilling a role of the highest importance, the Apothecaries of the Deathwatch are required to master the gene-seed of all seconded chapters.

Traits and variations of each chapter's gene-seed, are the most highly coveted and protected secrets for any chapter. Being entrusted with these is the highest position of trust an Apothecary can acquire.

Assisting the Deathwatch Kill-Teams in many different aspects, the role of the Apothecaries includes training, monitoring for Xenos contamination and even when called upon, battle. None however, is more important than returning the gene-seed of any fallen battle brother to his parent Chapter.

Never only honouring their own chapter, the Apothecaries of the Deathwatch honour all chapters.

[​IMG]

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Woot this is cool!!!!
    I wonder how it will used during the gameplay...

We really need more info about gameplay...I'm dying here to know more about it :p

19. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Come on guys ... another ultramarine!?! There are roughly 1000 space marine chapters out there to draw from ... why not choose anything other than an ultramarine, blood angel or space wolf?

You guys should add your own space marine chapter ... perhaps the "Sons of Rodeus" or something. Place your own marker on the 40K universe like Relic did with the Blood Ravens.

Anyway, the game does look great.

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Wavelight: Well, the Ultrasmurfs are THE showcase chapter for GW, unfortunately, getting all the love and places in the spotlight.
    Maybe you read that nonsense about Papa Smurf - aka their Chaptermaster - being the "spiritual liege" of all other Chapters and everyone aspiring to be as hopped up on Smurfberries as them...

Now, "Rodeo Marines" sounds fun: Riding around on giant mechanical bulls and such, battlecry: "YEEEE-HAW!" ;)